On May 28 at a McDonald’s restaurant in China, six members of an alleged religious cult attacked and beat to death a 37-year-old woman after she refused to give them her phone number. The incident was caught on security cameras and filmed by fellow diners as they fled, but no one attempted to intervene.
- Krista Rogers
May 26, 2014
The power of makeup is both awe-inspiring and downright terrifying. With the swipe of a single brush, people can transform themselves into completely different beings (just take a look at Ukraine’s real-life Barbie when she’s not wearing makeup). After you get used to someone wearing makeup all the time, it can even be a shock to see that person bare-faced.
Take this panda, for instance. On the left you see a typically adorable panda. On the right, well, we’ve got an image of what a panda would look like without any of its trademark “eye makeup.” And boy, what a difference it makes!
- Joan Coello
May 2, 2014
It’s an indisputable fact that the Internet loves cats. But does the Internet love fat cats too? The answer is yes! Japanese netizens have been amazed and smitten by Kintoki, possibly the biggest house cat we’ve ever seen on Twitter. Check out this larger-than-life kitty!
Back in 2011, news reports that Chinese-made “health supplements” contained ground-up corpses of babies and fetuses shocked the world. Unfortunately, this macabre story continues as some of the so-called “human flesh capsules” have made their way into South Korea again. Even though there has been a heavy crackdown on these kind of black market “medicine,” Korean authorities arrested two Chinese men last month for smuggling the gruesome pills and then reselling them as “diet supplements.”
We can almost, kind of, maybe a little bit, understand why some teachers get angry enough to hit their students. When thinking about high school, there are enough cringe-worthy moments of complete jerkery where one wouldn’t blame a teacher for reaching out and slapping certain students across the mouth.
That’s not to say that such behavior is acceptable, of course! Only that, in some cases, maybe we can kind of get how infuriating students can be.
This is not one of those cases.
While kendo is an inherently violent sport–after all it’s basically the Japanese version of fencing–the general perception is that it’s more about calm, carefully-coordinated attacks than all-out aggression. In fact, kendo very strictly adheres to etiquette and respect, with competitors generally expected to act with the utmost sportsmanship.
Unless you happen to be a cop.
“I want to kill them!” Shocking Video of Young Japanese Girl Giving Anti-Korean Speech Appears Online
- Philip Kendall
Apr 3, 2013
In a video uploaded to YouTube yesterday, a young Japanese girl gives a harrowing speech on the streets of Tsuruhashi, Osaka, in which she openly expresses her hatred of Koreans. Amid cheers of support from members of her own group, the girl goes on to state her desire to kill the “piece of crap” Koreans living in the area, threatening a repeat of the Nanking Massacre in response to the Koreans’ “arrogance”.
The full, shocking video after the jump.
- Philip Kendall
Feb 21, 2013
Perhaps wanting to go one up on the kid who was caught dropping a chop on a train last year, a parent on board a passenger plane in China this month has been photographed allowing her child to squat down and defecate in the aisle of a plane full of (hopefully horrified) passengers.
And we thought kids kicking the back of your seat was reason to complain.
Host Club Boss Caught on Camera Beating an Elderly Taxi Driver, Internet Outrage Contributes to His Arrest
- Philip Kendall
Nov 7, 2012
A video showing a man believed to be the boss of a “host club” bar repeatedly striking an elderly taxi driver has caused outrage in Japan after it was uploaded to YouTube and Niconico video.
The video, which is incredibly hard to watch and has already been removed several times due to its disturbing content, led to internet users uniting for a common cause and demanding that the hat-wearing bully be identified and arrested.
- New video from Wagakki Band “Hanabi” is an original, awesome song【J-Tunes】1
- What turned Tokyo Disneyland into the Loneliest Place on Earth last weekend?2
- Pikachus overrunning Yokohama in the cutest rodent invasion ever 【Video】3
- Blogger’s silly video of types of dancers at Singapore clubs is trending in Japan4
- Chiro the corgi talks, shakes hands, wiggles her bootie, and wins our hearts5
- Darth Vader to Japanese dictionary released, selling like Tusken bread6
- Man in China steps into “royal rumble” to save the day, maybe goes a bit too far【Video】7
- Hairy armpit selfies have invaded China’s biggest social networking platform【Photos】8
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker9
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!10
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight1
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture2
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today3
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race4
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’5
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker6
- Vietnamese man, angry at wife, hatches bizarre revenge scheme: Cut off his own penis7
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break8
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar9
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight7
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land8
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic9
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】9
- This amazing water cake just may be the most delicate sweet ever created!10
- Darth Vader to Japanese dictionary released, selling like Tusken bread
- Man in China steps into “royal rumble” to save the day, maybe goes a bit too far【Video】
- Hairy armpit selfies have invaded China’s biggest social networking platform【Photos】
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!
- Titans attack Lawson convenience stores, bring tons of anime goodies with them
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today
- Japanese scientist predicts another major earthquake in Japan by 2017
- Ryokan etiquette: What not to do when staying at a traditional Japanese inn
- Are you a solo dining expert? Rank yourself with this Korean “lone diner guide”!
- Sumida River Fireworks Festival aftermath: Not everyone in Japan has perfect manners after all