On May 28 at a McDonald’s restaurant in China, six members of an alleged religious cult attacked and beat to death a 37-year-old woman after she refused to give them her phone number. The incident was caught on security cameras and filmed by fellow diners as they fled, but no one attempted to intervene.
May 26, 2014
The power of makeup is both awe-inspiring and downright terrifying. With the swipe of a single brush, people can transform themselves into completely different beings (just take a look at Ukraine’s real-life Barbie when she’s not wearing makeup). After you get used to someone wearing makeup all the time, it can even be a shock to see that person bare-faced.
Take this panda, for instance. On the left you see a typically adorable panda. On the right, well, we’ve got an image of what a panda would look like without any of its trademark “eye makeup.” And boy, what a difference it makes!
May 2, 2014
It’s an indisputable fact that the Internet loves cats. But does the Internet love fat cats too? The answer is yes! Japanese netizens have been amazed and smitten by Kintoki, possibly the biggest house cat we’ve ever seen on Twitter. Check out this larger-than-life kitty!
Back in 2011, news reports that Chinese-made “health supplements” contained ground-up corpses of babies and fetuses shocked the world. Unfortunately, this macabre story continues as some of the so-called “human flesh capsules” have made their way into South Korea again. Even though there has been a heavy crackdown on these kind of black market “medicine,” Korean authorities arrested two Chinese men last month for smuggling the gruesome pills and then reselling them as “diet supplements.”
We can almost, kind of, maybe a little bit, understand why some teachers get angry enough to hit their students. When thinking about high school, there are enough cringe-worthy moments of complete jerkery where one wouldn’t blame a teacher for reaching out and slapping certain students across the mouth.
That’s not to say that such behavior is acceptable, of course! Only that, in some cases, maybe we can kind of get how infuriating students can be.
This is not one of those cases.
While kendo is an inherently violent sport–after all it’s basically the Japanese version of fencing–the general perception is that it’s more about calm, carefully-coordinated attacks than all-out aggression. In fact, kendo very strictly adheres to etiquette and respect, with competitors generally expected to act with the utmost sportsmanship.
Unless you happen to be a cop.
“I want to kill them!” Shocking Video of Young Japanese Girl Giving Anti-Korean Speech Appears Online
Apr 3, 2013
In a video uploaded to YouTube yesterday, a young Japanese girl gives a harrowing speech on the streets of Tsuruhashi, Osaka, in which she openly expresses her hatred of Koreans. Amid cheers of support from members of her own group, the girl goes on to state her desire to kill the “piece of crap” Koreans living in the area, threatening a repeat of the Nanking Massacre in response to the Koreans’ “arrogance”.
The full, shocking video after the jump.
Feb 21, 2013
Perhaps wanting to go one up on the kid who was caught dropping a chop on a train last year, a parent on board a passenger plane in China this month has been photographed allowing her child to squat down and defecate in the aisle of a plane full of (hopefully horrified) passengers.
And we thought kids kicking the back of your seat was reason to complain.
Host Club Boss Caught on Camera Beating an Elderly Taxi Driver, Internet Outrage Contributes to His Arrest
Nov 7, 2012
A video showing a man believed to be the boss of a “host club” bar repeatedly striking an elderly taxi driver has caused outrage in Japan after it was uploaded to YouTube and Niconico video.
The video, which is incredibly hard to watch and has already been removed several times due to its disturbing content, led to internet users uniting for a common cause and demanding that the hat-wearing bully be identified and arrested.
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】1
- Photos claim to show difference between Chinese and other travelers, somehow show less and more2
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads3
- Japanese net users stunned by photos of Chinese ethnic minority men4
- Korean cosplayer’s gender-bending costumes confuse us for a moment, then leave us mesmerized5
- Learn Japanese from YouTube: Amp up your listening skills with this four-step guide6
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked7
- Check the weather forecast with a cool gadget that recreates the conditions in your living room8
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors9
- Korea doubles down with KFC’s bunless burger, Twitter photos confirm it’s kind of gross10
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads1
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked2
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】3
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts4
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy5
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls6
- Japanese net users stunned by photos of Chinese ethnic minority men7
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?8
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】9
- Worst date ever! Japan’s ladies reveal the top five date ideas to avoid10
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】1
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China2
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked3
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea4
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads5
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked6
- Watch liquid turn into food at Japanese sample food factory 【Videos】7
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”8
- “Beautiful foreigner walking a polar bear” spotted at Shibuya’s famous crossing9
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】4
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China5
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later6
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady10
- Learn Japanese from YouTube: Amp up your listening skills with this four-step guide
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked
- Check the weather forecast with a cool gadget that recreates the conditions in your living room
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors
- Korea doubles down with KFC’s bunless burger, Twitter photos confirm it’s kind of gross
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?
- Witness the power a typhoon has over a bag of potato chips in this time-lapse video
- New cafe in Harajuku serves up Pom Pom Purin-shaped cuisine, attracts fans and pop idols alike
- “Spies” from the police force confuse and anger Hong Kong protesters
- The most famous cat in Japan shows us exactly how he fits his chubby body in a box
- Lifehack: Transform a Starbucks paper bag into a fully functional wallet!
- Tonkatsu McBurger gets an upgrade and joins the regular McDonald’s Japan menu, people still upset