Back in 2011, news reports that Chinese-made “health supplements” contained ground-up corpses of babies and fetuses shocked the world. Unfortunately, this macabre story continues as some of the so-called “human flesh capsules” have made their way into South Korea again. Even though there has been a heavy crackdown on these kind of black market “medicine,” Korean authorities arrested two Chinese men last month for smuggling the gruesome pills and then reselling them as “diet supplements.”
We can almost, kind of, maybe a little bit, understand why some teachers get angry enough to hit their students. When thinking about high school, there are enough cringe-worthy moments of complete jerkery where one wouldn’t blame a teacher for reaching out and slapping certain students across the mouth.
That’s not to say that such behavior is acceptable, of course! Only that, in some cases, maybe we can kind of get how infuriating students can be.
This is not one of those cases.
While kendo is an inherently violent sport–after all it’s basically the Japanese version of fencing–the general perception is that it’s more about calm, carefully-coordinated attacks than all-out aggression. In fact, kendo very strictly adheres to etiquette and respect, with competitors generally expected to act with the utmost sportsmanship.
Unless you happen to be a cop.
“I want to kill them!” Shocking Video of Young Japanese Girl Giving Anti-Korean Speech Appears Online
- Philip Kendall
Apr 3, 2013
In a video uploaded to YouTube yesterday, a young Japanese girl gives a harrowing speech on the streets of Tsuruhashi, Osaka, in which she openly expresses her hatred of Koreans. Amid cheers of support from members of her own group, the girl goes on to state her desire to kill the “piece of crap” Koreans living in the area, threatening a repeat of the Nanking Massacre in response to the Koreans’ “arrogance”.
The full, shocking video after the jump.
- Philip Kendall
Feb 21, 2013
Perhaps wanting to go one up on the kid who was caught dropping a chop on a train last year, a parent on board a passenger plane in China this month has been photographed allowing her child to squat down and defecate in the aisle of a plane full of (hopefully horrified) passengers.
And we thought kids kicking the back of your seat was reason to complain.
Host Club Boss Caught on Camera Beating an Elderly Taxi Driver, Internet Outrage Contributes to His Arrest
- Philip Kendall
Nov 7, 2012
A video showing a man believed to be the boss of a “host club” bar repeatedly striking an elderly taxi driver has caused outrage in Japan after it was uploaded to YouTube and Niconico video.
The video, which is incredibly hard to watch and has already been removed several times due to its disturbing content, led to internet users uniting for a common cause and demanding that the hat-wearing bully be identified and arrested.
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong1
- Brutal four-panel comic explains why Japanese salaryman are trapped in their jobs2
- Lady Gaga goes gaga for Hatsune Miku, makes virtual idol her opening act3
- Cute and talented Taiwanese singer is actually a boy, Netizens no longer find this shocking4
- Revisiting Songkran: the best water festival EVER!!!5
- Ghibli casts its 1st film with 2 female leads & all-English theme song6
- Amazing Lego artist spends six months bringing Hatsune Miku into the physical world7
- “Racist” Air France geisha poster prompts satirical home-made fixes8
- Kid trampling, surly schoolgirls, and dancing grains of rice: Cup rice ad is classic crazy Japan9
- Suntory’s awesome miniature ice versions of the Golden Pavilion, Statue of Liberty and more10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour2
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos3
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly4
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong5
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】6
- Ten-year-old illustrator getting national attention for his unique style of portraits7
- See what 13 stuffed toys look like after a wash at the home spa8
- We finally get to meet Goku’s mother — and we think she’s a real cutie!9
- Sad breakfasts the morning after a fight【Photos】10
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea1
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)2
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】3
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos4
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork5
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success6
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for7
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour8
- Admirers express their love for Crimean attorney general in the purest way they can: cute fan art9
- Who’s inside those theme park costumes? In China, it could be this 75-year-old woman10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】4
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- Ghibli casts its 1st film with 2 female leads & all-English theme song
- Amazing Lego artist spends six months bringing Hatsune Miku into the physical world
- “Racist” Air France geisha poster prompts satirical home-made fixes
- Kid trampling, surly schoolgirls, and dancing grains of rice: Cup rice ad is classic crazy Japan
- Suntory’s awesome miniature ice versions of the Golden Pavilion, Statue of Liberty and more
- Overseas reaction to Japanese My Little Pony dub is a little odd to Japanese people
- Sailors assemble! Artist reimagines the cast of Sailor Moon as Marvel’s Avengers
- Cute girls are universal! Japanese netizens rave over a Chinese girl who is “too cute”【Photos】
- Otaku pro wrestler Tomoyuki Oka makes no apologies for blurring the nerd/jock boundary
- Eight Japanese words we’d love to import into English
- Taiwanese student creates incredible art with materials others would throw away【Photos】
- 70% of South Koreans will donate to fund for unity with North, want US and China to cough up too
- We resist the urge to climb Denny’s Japan’s Tower Pancake so we can eat it instead
- A Maasai tribesman in Ginza: How Tokyo fashion empowers women a world away in Africa 【Photos】