Being human, there are times when we lose control of ourselves in a state of extreme excitement. Some people scream, some dance, some cry, some may even wet their pants. On 12 October, Pokémon fans of the world rejoiced over the global release of two new titles, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Popular seiyuu voice actor and otaku idol Shoko Nakagawa (or more affectionately known as Shokotan) expressed her ecstasy by going on a Pokémon binge, literally.
- Master Blaster
Jun 6, 2013
In an effort to promote their line of Nodogoshi Draft, Kirin breweries has been airing a series of commercials in which regular people’s wishes comes to life. The spots, titled Nodogoshi Yume no Dream celebrated its fourth met desire at a celebration in Roppongi, Tokyo.
This time was certainly a cause for celebration as the dream that was fulfilled for average citizen Kazuhiro Ishida was a staring role alongside Jackie Chan in a fully produced kung-fu film, shot at a studio in Shanghai, China.
Aug 13, 2012
TV personality, outspoken otaku, avid cosplayer, diligent blogger: Japanese celebrity Shoko Nakagawa, or Shokotan, as she is lovingly referred to by fans, is known for many things. Normality is not one of them.
Exhibit A: On August 11, the quirky entertainer posted a series of pictures to her blog of herself covered in molted insect shells.
We think that should be sufficient evidence.
- Master Blaster
Jul 27, 2012
While touring Asia this July, Japanese Singer and television personality Shoko Nakagawa (often called Shokotan) was confronted by two young fans with a costume that could be interpreted as brashly mocking her were instead praised by the artist as Genius.
Looking at the picture, though, it might be hard to see what the problem is. People with a background in art might be able to figure it out.
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture1
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight2
- Get the most out of your visit to Japan with these tourist-only deals 【Ninja Life Skills】3
- “Joke” site demonstrates the cruelty of cyberbullying, makes us wet our pants4
- Son refuses to see mom because she’s “too ugly”, but is that the whole story?5
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar6
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!7
- Japanese netizens lament over the long, but sad life of sea urchins8
- Get your chills on the rails with Kyoto’s Ghost Train 【Video】9
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker10
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race1
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’2
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker3
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman4
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”5
- Creative pet “haircuts”: Funky or funny? You decide.6
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex7
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break8
- Inconsiderate commuter behavior in Korea – A photo guide9
- Japanese critic shares his (kinda weird) views on Japanese vs Western adult entertainment10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land7
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic8
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!9
- Guitarist perfectly recreates disgraced Japanese politician’s uncontrollable sobbing【Video】10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- What if Sailor Moon characters were lingerie models? They’d look stunning like this 【Photos】9
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】10
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!
- Japanese netizens lament over the long, but sad life of sea urchins
- Get your chills on the rails with Kyoto’s Ghost Train 【Video】
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex
- A tree in India is bigger than the average Wal-Mart
- If an onigiri and a cheesegurger had a baby, it’d be a Bakudan Musubi
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race
- “Painful” decorations return! It’s time to bring the pain to your entire room!
- 5 ways to nap at the office, according to a Japanese wage slave