This week’s 50th issue of Shueisha‘s Shonen Jump magazine is set to be a legendary issue, as it houses the final two chapters of Masashi Kishimoto‘s Naruto manga. Along with Eiichiro Oda‘s hidden message in the title page of his One Piece manga, all of the manga creators featured in the issue wrote messages in the author’s comments section:
Oct 2, 2014
Manga fans will probably be familiar with Shonen Jump, the weekly manga publication by Shueisha that has brought to us some of the hottest manga titles of all time, including One Piece, Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star), Slam Dunk, Naruto, and more recent hits such as Kuroko no Basuke (The Basketball that Kuroko Plays) and Haikyuu!!, just to name but a few.
Being the indisputable leader of the manga industry, Shueisha continues to mesmerize manga lovers with new titles, and now, online manga that moves. Ridiculously large, bouncing boobies after the break!
Sep 27, 2013
They say that beauty is fleeting and withers with age, at least in the personal sense. Perhaps that’s why Takumi Kanehara walked away from a life of charming women as a professional host in order to pursue a career as a comic artist. Now, the self-made illustrator is gaining international attention for his beautiful re-interpretations of the characters created by Studio Ghibli. The combination of recognizable characters and subtle symbolism shows the artist’s deep love of the source material, and the artistic execution is positively stunning, ensuring that these works will never lose their luster no matter how many years ago by.
Jul 24, 2013
With the announcement by Japan’s premier manga magazine Weekly Shonen Jump regarding their highly anticipated smartphone app Jump Live, information has been coming out in drips and drabs about its features.
However, their most recent announcement has fans jumping for mild confusion: it’s a multimedia pasta cooking challenge between the creator of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Hirohiko Araki and creator of Assassination Classroom Yusei Matsui.
May 17, 2013
Since opening on May 3, Hentai Kamen has been a huge hit in Taiwan. Within three days of opening, it was off to a fantastic start with box-office takings of 4,680,000 Taiwan dollars (US$155,974). Not bad for a film whose hero derives his power from…wearing panties on his head?
The Hentai Kamen (English title: Ultimate!! Pervert Mask) movie, based on a short-lived comedy manga published in Shōnen Jump magazine, revolves around an unlikely hero whose superpowers are awakened when he puts a pair of panties on his head. I’m serious – I could not make this stuff up.
May 15, 2013
Fans of the iconic manga periodical Weekly Shonen Jump should be clearing their schedules and marking down July 11 on their calendars. For on this day, the clouds will part and a shaft of light will appear as the doors to a new manga paradise will open, offering five Naruto, One Piece and Dragon Ball attractions, along with stacks of merchandise and themed food to save us all.
Dec 18, 2012
Bandai Namco has announced that work is underway on a 3D Team Battle game using the characters of the Weekly Shonen Jump collection of manga series. The game is set to be released in 2013 to commemorate the 45th anniversary of Weekly Shonen Jump. Color us massively excited!
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- 83-year-old retiree arrested for selling explicit pre-war photos online2
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence3
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world4
- Filled to bursting point? Rush-hour crush on Tokyo subway leaves train with broken window5
- Anti-UK World War II era photograph featuring grimacing geisha uncovered6
- 【TBT】Chocolate-covered squid, corn Kit Kat, and other anomalies of the Japanese snack food scene7
- Controversial pick-up artist breaks silence as campaign against him continues8
- Dedicated designer mum’s lunch bag art is way too good to throw away9
- Continue your collection of Kit Kats with a NEW flavor inspired by Japan’s bullet train10
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make1
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours2
- Taiwan Rugby Union’s naked calendar: Because men have butts too【Photos】3
- Budding Japanese student artists impress us with chalkboard works of art4
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】5
- Japanese sleep experts say we’ve been using our blankets wrong, help us hate winter a little less6
- Controversial pick-up artist breaks silence as campaign against him continues7
- Cat got your tongue? 10 unusual Japanese phrases that use the word ‘cat’8
- The familiar looks of “once-in-four-thousand-year” Chinese idol have Japanese netizens talking9
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads4
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises5
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit6
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make7
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message8
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours9
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked10
- Anti-UK World War II era photograph featuring grimacing geisha uncovered
- 【TBT】Chocolate-covered squid, corn Kit Kat, and other anomalies of the Japanese snack food scene
- Controversial pick-up artist breaks silence as campaign against him continues
- Dedicated designer mum’s lunch bag art is way too good to throw away
- Continue your collection of Kit Kats with a NEW flavor inspired by Japan’s bullet train
- Eyes on your own paper! 1,200 Chinese students take test outdoors to prevent cheating 【Photos】
- Legendary DJ Krush performs with traditional Japanese musicians to create music for your dreams
- Japanese dictionary removes heteronormative definitions of love and sex
- Creative 15-year-old artist makes characters pop out of “notebooks” like magic
- Cat got your tongue? 10 unusual Japanese phrases that use the word ‘cat’
- How long does Kagoshima need to convince us to visit? With this video, just two minutes
- Author insinuates Hayao Miyazaki isn’t right in the head, says The Wind Rises is full of lies
- Katakana is cool: Designers take inspiration from Japan’s least popular writing system