In this busy world, it’s hard to find time to take a nap. Sure, Spain has their siestas, but what about the rest of the world? If you’re in need of some shut eye, just take a cue from these 18 people who know how to get some much needed (or an entirely excessive amount of) sleep.
- Blaine Harvey
Dec 20, 2013
As winter grows deeper and colder, the bed is one of our safe havens of warmth and comfort. The same can be said for our feline companions that snuggle into bed with us to seek refuge from the winter chill. As they cuddle up to our warm bodies the cats morph into various and interesting positions. Have you experienced the same with your own cat? Check out these adorable pictures and compare!
They may look innocent, but hidden under all that fluff is a nefarious plan for bunny Internet domination. Cats have been at the top of the net kingdom for too long and bunnies sleeping with their paws in the air are just cute enough to overthrow them. Who will win? It may be too soon to tell, but no matter who comes out on top, the real winners are us netizens who get to reap all the benefits of an adorable rivalry.
Mrs. Fluffy-Paws III (above) shocked the engineering world recently with her development of a new form of heat generating energy. The device known as Sibli-Chair is a seat-like contraption that creates heat without the use of expensive electricity or dangerous fuels like gasoline.
- Master Blaster
Oct 29, 2012
We all had a good laugh at some of the people who frequent China’s internet cafes recently but Japan is not without its share of nuts either. One just needs to step on one of the hundreds of trains across the country to get a nice spoonful of anti-social behavior.
Some of these folks make Cornman look like a piker.
- Master Blaster
Oct 19, 2012
A while back we brought you some techniques on dealing with people who sleep on your shoulder during train, bus, or plane rides. However, the problem wouldn’t exist if many of us weren’t train sleepers ourselves. In Japan, you’re guaranteed to see at least one person sleeping if you ride the train after 6pm.
Even if a sleeper could avoid their fellow commuters they still run a high risk of hurting their own necks by sleeping upright. Luckily an American company has come to everyone’s rescue with the UpRight Sleeper. Now, if they can just convince people to wear the thing…
Anyone who’s taken public transportation has had a run-in with shoulder sleepers, the people who sit next to you on the train, bus, plane and decide your shoulder is their next stop to dreamland.
Some people deal with this threat by taking up the neighboring seat with their bags. However justified that tactic might be, you’re left looking selfish to the rest of the passengers.
So you leave the seat open. And like clockwork some dude with pit stains plunks down next you, eyelids half-raised and wobbling like a drunk during an earthquake.
Japan, having one of the most used public transportation systems in the world. knows a thing or two about people sleeping on your shoulder. The following is a collection of strategies posted online by Japanese commuters for shrugging off shoulder sleepers.
- “How many freakin’ CDs do I have to buy?” Fans displeased with idol group’s debut single1
- Advice from Japanese women on dealing with your boyfriend’s anime girlfriend2
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated3
- Five foods you should never feed to your cat4
- Japanese high school student becomes Twitter sensation showing difference between time with boyfriend and friends5
- That scene from “Frozen” and 10 other fascinating jobs that have gone extinct6
- Chinese “porn identification officer” has seen over 600,000 adult videos, threw up after watching some7
- Japan continues to invent items it thinks you want!8
- Cat greets its returning owner with so much warmth we’d swear it was puppy love9
- We try McDonald’s Avocado Beef, see if it’s as lame as people on Twitter are suggesting10
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly1
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong2
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection3
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated4
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】5
- Lady Gaga goes gaga for Hatsune Miku, makes virtual idol her opening act6
- Real-life barbie bares real-life face in minimal makeup selfies【Photos】7
- “Racist” Air France geisha poster prompts satirical home-made fixes8
- Taiwanese student creates incredible art with materials others would throw away【Photos】9
- Overseas reaction to Japanese My Little Pony dub is a little odd to Japanese people10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos2
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork3
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】4
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for5
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly6
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea7
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour8
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success9
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】4
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- That scene from “Frozen” and 10 other fascinating jobs that have gone extinct
- Chinese “porn identification officer” has seen over 600,000 adult videos, threw up after watching some
- Japan continues to invent items it thinks you want!
- Cat greets its returning owner with so much warmth we’d swear it was puppy love
- We try McDonald’s Avocado Beef, see if it’s as lame as people on Twitter are suggesting
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong
- Japan’s king of curry restaurants enters the instant noodle market, we taste the results
- The incredible isolation of North Korea — In one map
- Meanwhile in China, Snoopy becomes the third party in a relationship, causes couple to break up
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly
- Local Fukuoka idol already breaking big across Japanese internet
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea