Extend your thumb by 15 millimeters! Why? So you can use your phone more easily! With its completely life-like design, no one will even notice! Rakuten is currently offering this stylish thumb made by Rare Mono for just 1,480 yen (US$14.50). It could change your life.
Hey there, space cowboy! Pull up a seat and grab a moon beer. You’re looking good! But then again, of course you are – you’re a citizen of the modern world! You’ve got it all: the electric car; the vacuum cleaner that’s on constant dust patrol; a pocket-sized device that lets you watch videos, send email, share photos of your cat anytime, anywhere! But what if that technology one day fell into the wrong hands? What if, dear reader, the next time you plonked your smooth, laser-sculpted 21st-century derriere on your luxury toilet, it ATTACKED!
I’ve probably shocked you. I apologise. Thankfully, we’re not quite at the point where we’re being taken hostage by a band of sentient latrines hell-bent on making us pay for years of poop-related servitude, but according to some, there is a very real possibility that ultra high-tech toilets could be hackable, and thus controllable, by those other than their rightful masters.
- Rachel Tackett
Jul 5, 2013
On July 4, Japanese cell phone provider Docomo announced that it will soon release a smart phone in collaboration with Hatsune Miku. Known as the Xperia feat. HATSUNE MIKU, the device is slated for release in late September, making it the first ever collaboration between Hatsune Miku and Sony’s Xperia brand, a name some of our readers might remember, after the company unveiled its mammoth Xperia Z Ultra. This new piece is mainly a nod to Miku’s many fans, but all of the special features and promotions are sure to satisfy anyone with even a passing interest.
- Philip Kendall
Nov 6, 2012
At last week’s Digital Contents Expo 2012 held in Tokyo, cutting edge technology company Kyocera unveiled something that will no doubt appeal to tablet and smartphone users the world over, potentially changing the way we use our modern-day gadgets forever.
The company has produced an intelligent touch screen that mimics a variety of sensations, from soft and squidy jelly, to rigid, clicky buttons. What does this mean for handsome folk you and me? It means all the speed and convenience of touch screens, but with fewer inaccuracies and silly– albeit amusing- typing mistakes. It could also mean that our beloved touch screens will become far more versatile in the future, not to mention becoming accessible to a much larger audience.
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight1
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture2
- Get the most out of your visit to Japan with these tourist-only deals 【Ninja Life Skills】3
- Son refuses to see mom because she’s “too ugly”, but is that the whole story?4
- The planned “Great Ice Wall” to contain Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear plant isn’t freezing5
- Get your chills on the rails with Kyoto’s Ghost Train 【Video】6
- Japanese netizens lament over the long, but sad life of sea urchins7
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool8
- Our reporter goes looking for fans at Comic-Con…in his Sailor Venus cosplay outfit9
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!10
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race1
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’2
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker3
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman4
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”5
- Creative pet “haircuts”: Funky or funny? You decide.6
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex7
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break8
- Inconsiderate commuter behavior in Korea – A photo guide9
- Japanese critic shares his (kinda weird) views on Japanese vs Western adult entertainment10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land7
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic8
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!9
- Guitarist perfectly recreates disgraced Japanese politician’s uncontrollable sobbing【Video】10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- What if Sailor Moon characters were lingerie models? They’d look stunning like this 【Photos】9
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】10
- Get your chills on the rails with Kyoto’s Ghost Train 【Video】
- Japanese netizens lament over the long, but sad life of sea urchins
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool
- Our reporter goes looking for fans at Comic-Con…in his Sailor Venus cosplay outfit
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex
- “Joke” site demonstrates the cruelty of cyberbullying, makes us wet our pants
- If an onigiri and a cheesegurger had a baby, it’d be a Bakudan Musubi
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar
- A tree in India is bigger than the average Wal-Mart