Extend your thumb by 15 millimeters! Why? So you can use your phone more easily! With its completely life-like design, no one will even notice! Rakuten is currently offering this stylish thumb made by Rare Mono for just 1,480 yen (US$14.50). It could change your life.
Hey there, space cowboy! Pull up a seat and grab a moon beer. You’re looking good! But then again, of course you are – you’re a citizen of the modern world! You’ve got it all: the electric car; the vacuum cleaner that’s on constant dust patrol; a pocket-sized device that lets you watch videos, send email, share photos of your cat anytime, anywhere! But what if that technology one day fell into the wrong hands? What if, dear reader, the next time you plonked your smooth, laser-sculpted 21st-century derriere on your luxury toilet, it ATTACKED!
I’ve probably shocked you. I apologise. Thankfully, we’re not quite at the point where we’re being taken hostage by a band of sentient latrines hell-bent on making us pay for years of poop-related servitude, but according to some, there is a very real possibility that ultra high-tech toilets could be hackable, and thus controllable, by those other than their rightful masters.
Jul 5, 2013
On July 4, Japanese cell phone provider Docomo announced that it will soon release a smart phone in collaboration with Hatsune Miku. Known as the Xperia feat. HATSUNE MIKU, the device is slated for release in late September, making it the first ever collaboration between Hatsune Miku and Sony’s Xperia brand, a name some of our readers might remember, after the company unveiled its mammoth Xperia Z Ultra. This new piece is mainly a nod to Miku’s many fans, but all of the special features and promotions are sure to satisfy anyone with even a passing interest.
Nov 6, 2012
At last week’s Digital Contents Expo 2012 held in Tokyo, cutting edge technology company Kyocera unveiled something that will no doubt appeal to tablet and smartphone users the world over, potentially changing the way we use our modern-day gadgets forever.
The company has produced an intelligent touch screen that mimics a variety of sensations, from soft and squidy jelly, to rigid, clicky buttons. What does this mean for handsome folk you and me? It means all the speed and convenience of touch screens, but with fewer inaccuracies and silly– albeit amusing- typing mistakes. It could also mean that our beloved touch screens will become far more versatile in the future, not to mention becoming accessible to a much larger audience.
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick1
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan2
- How to cook miso soup (the right way) in a few simple steps【RocketKitchen】3
- Question reveals how foreigners feel about speaking Japanese, getting English in return4
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours5
- Make sure to visit this historical onsen once before you die, or just do it right now with Google6
- Clean up your game with these amazing Game Boy cartridge soaps7
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute8
- “We don’t want to be girls. We just want to be cute!” The future of crossdressing in Osaka9
- 10 ways shopping at Wal-Mart in China is completely different from how it is in the US10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world2
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer3
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters4
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute5
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence6
- Budding Japanese student artists impress us with chalkboard works of art7
- Controversial pick-up artist breaks silence as campaign against him continues8
- Can you spot the problem that led to the recall of this otherwise cute Japanese New Year’s card?9
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises5
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit6
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make7
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message8
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】9
- Just a bunch of adorable cats riding on trains in Japan10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea10
- Make sure to visit this historical onsen once before you die, or just do it right now with Google
- Clean up your game with these amazing Game Boy cartridge soaps
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute
- “We don’t want to be girls. We just want to be cute!” The future of crossdressing in Osaka
- 10 ways shopping at Wal-Mart in China is completely different from how it is in the US
- Want to make music, but can’t play an instrument? Casio app turns your hums into full tracks!
- The top 10 spots in Tokyo to make an anime pilgrimage
- Cat got your tongue? 10 unusual Japanese phrases that use the word ‘cat’
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters
- Neko Montage! The most fun you can have with a cat and a sharpie【Photos】
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence
- Osaka police looking for woman who jumped in front of train, lived, and ran away
- The 9 types of basketball players in Slam Dunk – which type are you?