After last year’s success, this year could only be better, right?
Jun 10, 2016
Moving results offer hope for improved relations between the two nations.
Gay rights have made huge steps these last few years with the latest win coming in the form of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in favor of gay marriage throughout the country. However, the fight for equal rights is still long from over in the rest of the world as many countries don’t recognize gay marriage or even open displays of homosexuality.
While parts of Japan are supporting equal rights, Russia, one of its neighbors to the northwest, has traditionally been against homosexuality since its days as the Soviet Union. And what about today? How do Russians feel about two men just walking down the street, holding hands? A Russian YouTube video seeks to answer these questions with a social experiment.
Jun 13, 2015
Two stores in China trialled unstaffed shops this week, in an experiment to see whether customers would pay up without being prompted.
Convenience stores in Beijing and Hangzhou were temporarily replaced with automated payment systems and advertised as “completely unstaffed”. Sadly, the experiment was not an unqualified success. While most customers proved to be honest, some chose to pay only a fraction of their bill, and in some case nothing at all.
Aug 9, 2014
Cigarettes. They’re awful, stinking things that do nothing but make you want more and give you cancer. Yet millions of people continue to smoke, putting their lives even more at risk every time they light up.
But as this video from Indian youth entertainment channel YTV Network shows, when a kid approaches and asks for a cheeky cig, pretty much every smoker will refuse to give them one and immediately starts lecturing them about the dangers of smoking.
Jul 1, 2014
A hidden camera show has tested the kindness of strangers, asking Singapore shoppers to help a poor tissue seller. While the cameras rolled in secret, members of the public were asked to complete a short survey, for which they received five Singapore dollars (about US$4). They were then approached by a man in a wheelchair, who asked them to buy a pack of tissues.
While some commentors on YouTube praised the heartwarming video, which claims that the majority of people chose to give the man the money, others expressed disappointment that some people ignored him and kept the cash for themselves. Some viewers also criticised the video itself, which promotes a contest open to those who spend over 20 dollars in the mall.
- Japanese artist reimagines chess pieces as sexy line of lingerie1
- Cosplayers come out to play for Anime Japan 2017 convention in Tokyo【Photos】2
- San’in, Japan is breathtakingly beautiful especially when captured with a 4K video camera【Video】3
- Osaka man arrested for throwing dozens of cockroaches around at anime music event4
- What’s really for breakfast? 20 Japanese people give us a peek at their morning meal【Photos】5
- Sayonara Quarter Pounder: McDonald’s Japan takes iconic burger off its menu6
- Anime hit Your Name’s is finally coming to theaters in the U.S. and Canada, start date announced7
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 most offensive Japanese swear words 【Weird Top Five】8
- Japanese lingerie brand brings out line of Sanrio anime bra sets for girls with smaller busts9
- Sakura season officially starts in Tokyo as cherry blossoms begin blooming in the capital10
- New Sailor Moon fashion lineup is stylish, cute, and, shockingly, actually affordable!【Photos】1
- Anime pro father and sons’ collaborative artwork series has somehow become even more awesome2
- Japanese college women pick between men who’re short and handsome or tall and plain in survey3
- Beautiful Thai nurse is making men everywhere want to go to hospital【Photos】4
- Sakura season officially starts in Tokyo as cherry blossoms begin blooming in the capital5
- A sexy penguin, Studio Ghibli cats, and other cosplayers take over Osaka for Street Festa【Pics】6
- Kyoto police set up system to predict when and where crimes will happen7
- Twitter debate erupts over Japanese book that shows man with Asperger’s refusing to work overtime8
- Virgin-killing sweater fandom busts out of Japan thanks to muscular foreign male cosplayer【Pics】9
- Radio Ghibli is the newest way to listen to the iconic music of Studio Ghibli10
- Busty Japanese model Jun Amaki bounces onto the virgin-killing sweater bandwagon【Video, photos】1
- Kanagawa man’s body found one month after death in a six-ton pile of erotic magazines2
- Spirited Away No Face piggy bank is the Studio Ghibli merchandise we all need to have right now3
- Male teacher in China cosplays as female characters, gets discovered by his own student4
- Happy Pokémon Day! Pokémon GO celebrates with debut of special Party Pikachu5
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 steps to immigrate to Japan 【Weird Top Five】6
- Golden retriever watches his human until he falls asleep for the most heart-wrenching reason7
- Japanese cosplayer shows ingenious way to fake muscles using silicone push-up bras8
- Tokyo’s giant Gundam statue dismantled in anime-like scene that’s warming the hearts of fans9
- Jaw-dropping Japanese “sea of clouds” is a great reason to visit Tokyo’s northern neighbor10
- Anime artist dad turns young sons’ sketches into awesome animation character designs1
- Japan’s new luxury overnight bus is the conveniently classy way to get from Tokyo to Osaka2
- Busty Japanese model Jun Amaki bounces onto the virgin-killing sweater bandwagon【Video, photos】3
- Permanent residency in Japan now possible after just one year4
- Kanagawa man’s body found one month after death in a six-ton pile of erotic magazines5
- Spirited Away No Face piggy bank is the Studio Ghibli merchandise we all need to have right now6
- Forget maid cafes! Lift weights and get jacked with cute girls at a MAID GYM instead【Video】7
- Japanese fashion fans and fan artists go gaga for sexy “virgin-killing sweater”8
- Male teacher in China cosplays as female characters, gets discovered by his own student9
- Want to make sure your Eevee evolves into Umbreon or Espeon in the Pokémon GO update? Here’s how10
- Sayonara Quarter Pounder: McDonald’s Japan takes iconic burger off its menu
- Anime hit Your Name’s is finally coming to theaters in the U.S. and Canada, start date announced
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 most offensive Japanese swear words 【Weird Top Five】
- Japanese lingerie brand brings out line of Sanrio anime bra sets for girls with smaller busts
- Sakura season officially starts in Tokyo as cherry blossoms begin blooming in the capital
- Awesome Samurai Armor Hoodies are looking to conquer the whole world/keep you warm
- Anime pro father and sons’ collaborative artwork series has somehow become even more awesome
- Dark anime magical girls show up in high school students’ English textbook in Japan
- Cross-dressing Cosplay Idol Group a Huge Hit in China
- A guide to Tokyo’s best cat cafés
- A Silent Voice, anime film about bullied deaf girl, has an emotional new trailer【Video】
- One Piece team shows us how a Weekly Shonen Jump cover is crafted【Video】