After last year’s success, this year could only be better, right?
Jun 10, 2016
Moving results offer hope for improved relations between the two nations.
Gay rights have made huge steps these last few years with the latest win coming in the form of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in favor of gay marriage throughout the country. However, the fight for equal rights is still long from over in the rest of the world as many countries don’t recognize gay marriage or even open displays of homosexuality.
While parts of Japan are supporting equal rights, Russia, one of its neighbors to the northwest, has traditionally been against homosexuality since its days as the Soviet Union. And what about today? How do Russians feel about two men just walking down the street, holding hands? A Russian YouTube video seeks to answer these questions with a social experiment.
Jun 13, 2015
Two stores in China trialled unstaffed shops this week, in an experiment to see whether customers would pay up without being prompted.
Convenience stores in Beijing and Hangzhou were temporarily replaced with automated payment systems and advertised as “completely unstaffed”. Sadly, the experiment was not an unqualified success. While most customers proved to be honest, some chose to pay only a fraction of their bill, and in some case nothing at all.
Aug 9, 2014
Cigarettes. They’re awful, stinking things that do nothing but make you want more and give you cancer. Yet millions of people continue to smoke, putting their lives even more at risk every time they light up.
But as this video from Indian youth entertainment channel YTV Network shows, when a kid approaches and asks for a cheeky cig, pretty much every smoker will refuse to give them one and immediately starts lecturing them about the dangers of smoking.
Jul 1, 2014
A hidden camera show has tested the kindness of strangers, asking Singapore shoppers to help a poor tissue seller. While the cameras rolled in secret, members of the public were asked to complete a short survey, for which they received five Singapore dollars (about US$4). They were then approached by a man in a wheelchair, who asked them to buy a pack of tissues.
While some commentors on YouTube praised the heartwarming video, which claims that the majority of people chose to give the man the money, others expressed disappointment that some people ignored him and kept the cash for themselves. Some viewers also criticised the video itself, which promotes a contest open to those who spend over 20 dollars in the mall.
- Please don’t make the stupid mistake of taking an “abandoned” bike for a ride in Japan1
- Pokémon terrariums let you feel like you’ve got Pikachu, Eevee, and other Pocket Monsters as pets2
- Crummy Japanese dish dryer still gets five-star reviews on Amazon for unexpected reason3
- Here’s why you’ll never want to hit a hole-in-one in Japan4
- AI website’s automatic anime character designs are cute, quick, and free for anyone to create5
- Cosplayers pull off touching recreation of sisters Mei and Satsuki from My Neighbor Totoro【Pics】6
- Japanese idol reveals disgusting secret about stuffed animals she’s received from fans7
- Man making ramen in Speedo while gaming suddenly receives 20 rockets to the groin8
- “Drunk Mode” added to Japanese rail navigation smartphone app9
- These easy DIY bath bombs can be made with ingredients from the 100 yen shop10
- Here’s why you’ll never want to hit a hole-in-one in Japan1
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down2
- 10 realities of life with small breasts, according to Japanese survey3
- Beautiful Taiwanese Go player hailed as a once-in-a-thousand-year beauty by Japanese fans 【Pics】4
- Do Japanese women check out each other’s lingerie at the hot springs? Survey investigates5
- Crummy Japanese dish dryer still gets five-star reviews on Amazon for unexpected reason6
- Japan is running out of swordsmiths, and a strict apprenticeship requirement is a big reason why7
- Summer Comiket is sizzling hot this year, and it’s not because of the weather 【Pics】8
- Japanese idol reveals disgusting secret about stuffed animals she’s received from fans9
- Hot and cold — Shirtless muscle man shaved ice cafe now open in Tokyo10
- Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen singer marries beautiful swimsuit model 15 years his junior【Photos】1
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads2
- Here’s why you’ll never want to hit a hole-in-one in Japan3
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down4
- Malaysian man pays over US$46,000 to look like Final Fantasy’s Squall Leonhart【Photos】5
- Penis peach found, appetites lost in Japan6
- Ivanaka Trump posts photo of Filipino snack at daughter’s birthday party, confuses the Internet7
- Creeps bugging saleswomen at anime convention? Here’s a clever plan to discreetly call for help8
- Japanese high school boy wows netizens with his cute girl-next-door looks9
- In Hokkaido there’s weed, weed everywhere, but not a drop to smoke10
- Blind Japanese boy sends Nintendo heartwarming thank you letter, gets amazing response1
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study2
- Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen singer marries beautiful swimsuit model 15 years his junior【Photos】3
- Nintendo says there are no game overs, EVER, in upcoming Super Mario Odyssey4
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads5
- Here’s why you’ll never want to hit a hole-in-one in Japan6
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】7
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down8
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year9
- Suspected jewelry thief captured in Japan in comically slow-speed foot pursuit by police【Video】10
- Cosplayers pull off touching recreation of sisters Mei and Satsuki from My Neighbor Totoro【Pics】
- Japanese idol reveals disgusting secret about stuffed animals she’s received from fans
- Man making ramen in Speedo while gaming suddenly receives 20 rockets to the groin
- “Drunk Mode” added to Japanese rail navigation smartphone app
- These easy DIY bath bombs can be made with ingredients from the 100 yen shop
- Pokéball terrariums are just as adorable and hard to catch as the Pokémon who inhabit them
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans
- We make Russian food based only on the sound of its name, somehow everyone who ate it survived
- Scandal rocks McDonald’s Kanto-Kansai burger election, Tokyo Roast Beef Burger caught lying to voters
- Vintage kimonos redesigned into wedding dresses will take your breath away 【Pics】
- First-ever electronic taiko developed with help from world-famous Japanese drum troupe
- The next Shinkai? Amazing artist creates gorgeous anime video’s visuals all by himself【Video】
- How far will 10,000 yen get you at Prada?