It is often said that female idol groups are the saviors of excitement-deprived male soldiers toiling in the army. In China, however, it seems like the army has gotten its own idol this time. Joyin, a new member of the Chinese army, caught the attention of netizens and gained international fame when her pictures were uploaded on social media. Click on the full article for more of a different kind of ‘uniform girl’.
More details have emerged of the abuse suffered by a private in the South Korean Army who died after intense physical bullying from fellow soldiers, and photos of his body reveal it to be black and blue with bruises. The incident has sparked outrage and concern for other young soldiers who may be suffering hazing or other problems during their intense mandatory two-year conscription.
Warning: This post contains graphic imagery and descriptions of violence.
The city of Dandong lies on the border of China and North Korea separated by the 900-meter wide Yalu River. Taking the China-North Korea Friendship Bridge would take you right into Sinuiju, North Korea, if you have the right permission.
However, word has it that there’s a place upstream of the Yalu where it is only three or four meters across. The place is known as Yibu Kua (“a step across”) due to the fact that one could easily step into the other country by walking across the stones in the river. RocketNews24‘s Kuzo went to check it out.
American Soldier Suspected of Trespassing and Assaulting Okinawan Middle School Student After Curfew
Nov 4, 2012
Since 16 October a curfew has been in place on all US soldiers stationed in Japan restricting them from leaving their bases from 11pm to 5am. This was in response to an incident where two soldiers allegedly raped a young Japanese woman in Okinawa.
However, on 2 November what appeared to have been a drunk American soldier trespassed into a room and struck a young boy. The police investigation is ongoing.
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick1
- Question reveals how foreigners feel about speaking Japanese, getting English in return2
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours3
- Make sure to visit this historical onsen once before you die, or just do it right now with Google4
- How to cook miso soup (the right way) in a few simple steps【RocketKitchen】5
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan6
- Ladybeard x Sailor Suit Old Man star in “dream collaboration” at school!7
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute8
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer9
- Tokyo train delayed due to the strangest of reasons10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world2
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer3
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters4
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute5
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence6
- Budding Japanese student artists impress us with chalkboard works of art7
- Controversial pick-up artist breaks silence as campaign against him continues8
- Can you spot the problem that led to the recall of this otherwise cute Japanese New Year’s card?9
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises5
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit6
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make7
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message8
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】9
- Just a bunch of adorable cats riding on trains in Japan10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea10
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan
- Ladybeard x Sailor Suit Old Man star in “dream collaboration” at school!
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer
- Tokyo train delayed due to the strangest of reasons
- Cat got your tongue? 10 unusual Japanese phrases that use the word ‘cat’
- “Common habits of Japan’s low earners”: What this survey tells us, and what it doesn’t
- Want to make music, but can’t play an instrument? Casio app turns your hums into full tracks!
- The top 10 spots in Tokyo to make an anime pilgrimage
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world
- The 9 types of basketball players in Slam Dunk – which type are you?
- The weirder the better? These Japanese zakka are hot sellers in Korea
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters