A Taiwanese film production group has released their short film Attack on Railgun, which merges two popular anime series into an incredibly well made and high quality homage. The short combines the worlds and characters from Attack on Titan and A Certain Scientific Railgun to create an exciting new story in the live action movie. Japanese fans of the anime series have been impressed with the CGI, the plot line and especially the fact that all of the actors speak Japanese in the short film!
Another day, another oddly specific “differences between two cities/regions” infographic. The following graphics seem to be taking the Internet by storm faster than so many .gif-laden “listicles” about how dogs are hilarious or something.
First, there were the pictographs about the differences between Germans and Chinese, then the one comparing Paris and New York, and now we get a look at Taiwan and Hong Kong. (Note: Some NSFW-ish language ahead.)
Since opening on May 3, Hentai Kamen has been a huge hit in Taiwan. Within three days of opening, it was off to a fantastic start with box-office takings of 4,680,000 Taiwan dollars (US$155,974). Not bad for a film whose hero derives his power from…wearing panties on his head?
The Hentai Kamen (English title: Ultimate!! Pervert Mask) movie, based on a short-lived comedy manga published in Shōnen Jump magazine, revolves around an unlikely hero whose superpowers are awakened when he puts a pair of panties on his head. I’m serious – I could not make this stuff up.
According to an AFP report dated 16 April, 2013, Korean electronics company Samsung hired Taiwanese university students to publish slanderous articles on the internet about Taiwanese smart phone manufacturer HTC. Taiwan’s Fair Trade Commission is currently investigating the matter and there are already reports that Samsung is admitting outright to the misconduct in its marketing strategies.
After careful deliberation, if Taiwan’s Fair Trade Committee deem Samsung’s most recent stealth marketing strategy to be illegal, it will mean Samsung paying a US$835,000 penalty.
Haruki Murakami, the award-winning essayist and critically-acclaimed author of Norwegian Wood, Kafka on the Shore and many others, has spoken out about the recent troubles between Japan, China and Taiwan in a startlingly down-to-earth essay over on the Asahi Shinbun Digital’s culture section.
Motivated in particular by the recent news of China’s bookshops removing titles by Japanese authors, the essay focuses on the importance of cultural exchange in our societies and how, through all forms of media, we are able to communicate our very souls over seas and across borders. Read More
As reported here on RocketNews24, on Tuesday last week, a flotilla of Taiwanese fishing boats was rumoured to have set off for the now infamous Senkaku archipelago, situated close to the Japanese island of Okinawa, with a view to asserting rightful ownership.
This report came just hours after stories of a similar fleet heading to the disputed islands from mainland China, which turned out to be false.
The initial rumour of the Taiwanese boats, however, proved to be true… Read More
We previously introduced the UFOCAP, a revolutionary, Korean-made umbrella that requires no hands to carry and a lot of humility to wear.
Earlier this month, a new piece of sci-fi inspired raingear went on sale in Taiwan that may just ground the UFOCAP from its position of most convenient/embarrassing way to protect yourself from the elements.
Ladies and gentleman, we present to you…the Space Raincoat. Read More
- An Illustrated Guide to the Implications of not Washing Your Hands After Using the Restroom1
- We buy a pair of glasses from up and coming idol Kanna Hashimoto2
- Pet owner builds tiny ninja house for hamster, escape panels and hidden doors galore3
- How to date an idol: A guide to the highly improbable4
- We live the high life with wine aged in the depths of Japan’s seas5
- New manga magazine for virgins guarantees your continued virginity6
- The Top 25 Things In Japan Most Likely To Blow Foreigner’s Minds7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- What do Japanese People Put in Their Rice Balls? Top 22 Most Popular Onigiri Fillings!9
- Hey guys, unlucky with women? There’s always Latvia!10
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- An Illustrated Guide to the Implications of not Washing Your Hands After Using the Restroom2
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】3
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato4
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea5
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour6
- Woman with alone time on an elevator does something incredibly unexpected7
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts8
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car9
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】2
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs3
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!4
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】5
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China6
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】7
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】10
- New manga magazine for virgins guarantees your continued virginity
- The Top 25 Things In Japan Most Likely To Blow Foreigner’s Minds
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right
- What do Japanese People Put in Their Rice Balls? Top 22 Most Popular Onigiri Fillings!
- Hey guys, unlucky with women? There’s always Latvia!
- Cakes disguised as Chinese food for under-the-radar sweet sneaking or just confusing your brain
- The official kanji of 2013 has been chosen!
- Twitpics show sumo wrestlers getting health checks… in spaaaaaaace!
- “Damn it human, help me!” One cat’s epic battle with an empty plastic bag
- Your Favorite Nintendo Games As You’ve Never Seen Them Before, As Traditional Japanese Prints
- Cheerleaders! Maids! Japanese lingerie maker has you (slightly) covered for themed intimate apparel
- 46 Things That Surprise Foreigners in Japan
- Flash mob performing Totoro theme song will melt your heart, make you want to join in
- 92-year-old grandmother creates gorgeous traditional Japanese toys