Now that the summer shikke (humidity) has died down, it’s time to bust out your tights! Squeezing our legs into sheer pantaloons was the last thing any of us wanted to do in August, but now that September is nearly over and fall is right around the corner, we’re starting to like the idea of extra warmth. What better way to welcome in autumn than with a legging shopping spree? Check out these 12 fabulously crazy, colorful tights from Japanese artists and designers to add to your cool-weather wardrobe!
Apr 25, 2014
It’s hard to find a universally hated member of the central cast of hit anime Sailor Moon. Even the titular character herself, for all her whiny and lazy tendencies, is so loyal to her friends that it’s hard not to root for her.
But while having a universally appealing ensemble cast makes for a great TV show, it puts fans in a bit of a quandary when they’re buying Sailor Moon goodies. With five principal heroines, how do you choose which one’s merchandise to buy?
Easy: you don’t, and instead grab a pouch or pair of leggings that features all five of the main Sailor Scouts.
Feb 4, 2014
Women around the world may know them as tights, stockings or pantyhose, but most men think of them simply as those things that make girls’ legs look even more awesome. There have been numerous stocking trends over the years, not least in Japan where thigh-highs and “tattoo” designs have been enormous hits, but one image shared via Twitter earlier this week, which purportedly shows how to put the things on, will likely ensure that men never find tights quite as sexy ever again.
Female manga fans understand that there’s more to Japan’s comic industry than the schoolyard romances and shojo sparkles with which we are targeted. A lot of us really love the action, the fighting, and the hero adventure stuff too! Thankfully, there are at least a handful of manufacturers out there who understand where we’re coming from. One such company is catering to us girls with less feminine fandoms by bringing us tattoo tights from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure!
Here in Japan the peak of summer is fast approaching, and the weather just keeps getting hotter. It’s time for girls to break out the lightweight fabrics and frilly skirts. Unfortunately, the things we wear to keep ourselves cool can make us prime targets for summertime molesters. Something about the heat and the skin exposure make summer the most popular season for perverts to get their grope on. Thank goodness someone in China has come up with a fuzzy new fashion item to ensure that would-be offenders steer clear of your space bubble.
They’re apparently called Leg Hair Tights. Put them on, and it’s as though your legs have never seen a razor in their lives! You will be covered from ankle to waist in the thickest curly man hair you can imagine. What a fashion statement! Tattoo tights are positively tame compared to these hairy beasts.
More than just fleshy tones, solid colors, and basic patterns, Japan has found a major fad with women’s tights that look like tattoos featuring popular Disney characters and the like. You may have seen our article earlier this month regarding the onion tights on sale at this year’s Niconico Chokaigi. Now, tights are taking an even more nerdy turn with popular anime and game references. Just take a look at these leggy designs in the works! Read More
With cherry blossom season over in Tokyo, the weather here is definitely turning warm and pleasant (at least for a little while, until the rainy season starts and then the hot and humid summer). Women across Japan are eagerly shedding their coats to enjoy colorful, spring fashion, and to our delight, one of our reporters at Pouch has found the purr-fect item to combine fashion and fun — “cat tights”! Read More
A storm of boos has flooded Japanese forums in response to the invention of fake knee-high stockings. This piece of clothing makes a woman appear to be wearing long socks when she is actually wearing fully sealed tights. As a product, fake knee-high stockings greatly help women to comfortably achieve a cute look. But for some men, the lost opportunity to catch a glimpse of an exposed leg that is brought on by these full-coverage stockings is too much to handle.
Can you tell who the character in the above picture is? She’s cosplayed, posed nude and even turned herself into various edible treats before, but once again Ms. Kitty stretches the boundaries of her professionalism, this time by turning herself into human form, and an über-hot, sexy form at that. And you’ve got to admit, she really isn’t looking too bad, to put it mildly. Read More
Jun 20, 2012
Low turn-out for blood donation is a chronic problem in nearly every country. It seems that people generally don’t like being stabbed and having a machine suck out their blood. On top of that, some countries, such as China a couple decades back have had scandals involving reused equipment and tainted blood that all but shattered the public faith in blood collecting authorities.
These bleak circumstances look like a job for the Blood Buddies: a group of strapping young Chinese men and women who don superhero tights which also illustrate their circulatory systems for all to see!
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu1
- Don’t believe in the magic of the 100 yen store? This product will seal the deal!2
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website3
- Latest evolution of Pokémon cafe to open in Shibuya this January4
- Truck driver hailed as “hero” for cutting off car on wet highway5
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】6
- 11 never-ending hypnotic GIFs that just made a portion of our weekend disappear mysteriously7
- Flipping the kanji for “husband” upside-down reveals slightly worrying double meaning8
- One more time! Anime fans choose the series they’d most like to see rerun on TV9
- Unhinged Japanese boyband fan stalks “rival” on Twitter, demands they delete their account10
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】1
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood2
- Life imitates (Sword) Art (Online) as Japanese gamers find they can’t log out of online RPG3
- Character images of new Digimon Adventure series released, expected to air in spring 20154
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu5
- Artist magically transforms Sailor Moon characters into black women6
- Japan’s cutest rodent commuters take the high-road【Video】7
- Our hero Ladybeard shows us and the world how to properly wear the much-talked about boob shirt8
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】9
- How humanity ends: Virtual reality headset hooked up to Tenga love cup for men 【Video】10
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood1
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin2
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Japanese man proposes to girlfriend with Guinness World Record-winning GPS drawing5
- Historic Kyoto temple first in Japan to offer gay weddings6
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!7
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】8
- Hayao Miyazaki comments on Chihiro’s final test scene in Spirited Away9
- Fashion gone wrong? Boob shirts take Twitter by storm10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】3
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China4
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood5
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】
- 11 never-ending hypnotic GIFs that just made a portion of our weekend disappear mysteriously
- Flipping the kanji for “husband” upside-down reveals slightly worrying double meaning
- One more time! Anime fans choose the series they’d most like to see rerun on TV
- Unhinged Japanese boyband fan stalks “rival” on Twitter, demands they delete their account
- Japanese makeup artist does classic Hollywood glamour, recreates Audrey Hepburn’s coveted look
- 10 slightly strange Christmas trees from Japan
- Pokemon fan’s heads exploding over guy’s classic Gameboy makeover video
- Japan’s premier beatboxer sets YouTube ablaze, annoys fans with lack of beatboxing
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Piccolo saves Christmas when he’s not saving Namekians
- Sick of BABYMETAL? How about some sumo metal!
- The scariest snow sculpture you’ll see this winter