Now that the summer shikke (humidity) has died down, it’s time to bust out your tights! Squeezing our legs into sheer pantaloons was the last thing any of us wanted to do in August, but now that September is nearly over and fall is right around the corner, we’re starting to like the idea of extra warmth. What better way to welcome in autumn than with a legging shopping spree? Check out these 12 fabulously crazy, colorful tights from Japanese artists and designers to add to your cool-weather wardrobe!
Apr 25, 2014
It’s hard to find a universally hated member of the central cast of hit anime Sailor Moon. Even the titular character herself, for all her whiny and lazy tendencies, is so loyal to her friends that it’s hard not to root for her.
But while having a universally appealing ensemble cast makes for a great TV show, it puts fans in a bit of a quandary when they’re buying Sailor Moon goodies. With five principal heroines, how do you choose which one’s merchandise to buy?
Easy: you don’t, and instead grab a pouch or pair of leggings that features all five of the main Sailor Scouts.
Feb 4, 2014
Women around the world may know them as tights, stockings or pantyhose, but most men think of them simply as those things that make girls’ legs look even more awesome. There have been numerous stocking trends over the years, not least in Japan where thigh-highs and “tattoo” designs have been enormous hits, but one image shared via Twitter earlier this week, which purportedly shows how to put the things on, will likely ensure that men never find tights quite as sexy ever again.
Female manga fans understand that there’s more to Japan’s comic industry than the schoolyard romances and shojo sparkles with which we are targeted. A lot of us really love the action, the fighting, and the hero adventure stuff too! Thankfully, there are at least a handful of manufacturers out there who understand where we’re coming from. One such company is catering to us girls with less feminine fandoms by bringing us tattoo tights from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure!
Here in Japan the peak of summer is fast approaching, and the weather just keeps getting hotter. It’s time for girls to break out the lightweight fabrics and frilly skirts. Unfortunately, the things we wear to keep ourselves cool can make us prime targets for summertime molesters. Something about the heat and the skin exposure make summer the most popular season for perverts to get their grope on. Thank goodness someone in China has come up with a fuzzy new fashion item to ensure that would-be offenders steer clear of your space bubble.
They’re apparently called Leg Hair Tights. Put them on, and it’s as though your legs have never seen a razor in their lives! You will be covered from ankle to waist in the thickest curly man hair you can imagine. What a fashion statement! Tattoo tights are positively tame compared to these hairy beasts.
More than just fleshy tones, solid colors, and basic patterns, Japan has found a major fad with women’s tights that look like tattoos featuring popular Disney characters and the like. You may have seen our article earlier this month regarding the onion tights on sale at this year’s Niconico Chokaigi. Now, tights are taking an even more nerdy turn with popular anime and game references. Just take a look at these leggy designs in the works! Read More
With cherry blossom season over in Tokyo, the weather here is definitely turning warm and pleasant (at least for a little while, until the rainy season starts and then the hot and humid summer). Women across Japan are eagerly shedding their coats to enjoy colorful, spring fashion, and to our delight, one of our reporters at Pouch has found the purr-fect item to combine fashion and fun — “cat tights”! Read More
A storm of boos has flooded Japanese forums in response to the invention of fake knee-high stockings. This piece of clothing makes a woman appear to be wearing long socks when she is actually wearing fully sealed tights. As a product, fake knee-high stockings greatly help women to comfortably achieve a cute look. But for some men, the lost opportunity to catch a glimpse of an exposed leg that is brought on by these full-coverage stockings is too much to handle.
Can you tell who the character in the above picture is? She’s cosplayed, posed nude and even turned herself into various edible treats before, but once again Ms. Kitty stretches the boundaries of her professionalism, this time by turning herself into human form, and an über-hot, sexy form at that. And you’ve got to admit, she really isn’t looking too bad, to put it mildly. Read More
Jun 20, 2012
Low turn-out for blood donation is a chronic problem in nearly every country. It seems that people generally don’t like being stabbed and having a machine suck out their blood. On top of that, some countries, such as China a couple decades back have had scandals involving reused equipment and tainted blood that all but shattered the public faith in blood collecting authorities.
These bleak circumstances look like a job for the Blood Buddies: a group of strapping young Chinese men and women who don superhero tights which also illustrate their circulatory systems for all to see!
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads1
- Learn Japanese from YouTube: Amp up your listening skills with this four-step guide2
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked3
- Three Chinese men arrested in Japan for buying too many diapers4
- At least a few of these packaging “fails” from around the world had to be intentional5
- U.K. man sentenced for prohibited images of ‘manga’ children6
- Why are some Japanese preschools banning awesome, adorable character bento?7
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy8
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts9
- Watch time go by with 70,000 beautiful Japanese women, that’s 48 girls a minute every day!10
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked1
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls2
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads3
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts4
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy5
- Why does Engrish happen in Japan?6
- The 10 best anime of the fall season, according to Japanese otaku7
- Worst date ever! Japan’s ladies reveal the top five date ideas to avoid8
- Beautiful old footage shows “God of Judo” Kyuzo Mifune gracefully defeat young challengers【Video】9
- Robot rebellion begins with a cranky Roomba, Internet users too busy laughing to fight back10
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】1
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China2
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked3
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea4
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked5
- Watch liquid turn into food at Japanese sample food factory 【Videos】6
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”7
- “Beautiful foreigner walking a polar bear” spotted at Shibuya’s famous crossing8
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls9
- Thai schoolgirl uniforms poised to edge out traditional Japanese ones in Japan?10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】4
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China5
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later6
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady10
- U.K. man sentenced for prohibited images of ‘manga’ children
- Why are some Japanese preschools banning awesome, adorable character bento?
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts
- Watch time go by with 70,000 beautiful Japanese women, that’s 48 girls a minute every day!
- Anger online as tweeting tech guru Takeshi Natsuno slams Sendai for rejecting IC card
- East meets West in the Pacific-centered version of the world map
- She just popped up from your toilet paper to say hello!
- Adorable character hot pots are this fall’s kawaii-est foods
- The craziest small arms maneuvers by South Korean SWAT, in 9 GIFs
- Domino’s Japan offering discounts to customers who pound the wall, show mementos from old flames
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: ‘No more weird architecture’