Now that the summer shikke (humidity) has died down, it’s time to bust out your tights! Squeezing our legs into sheer pantaloons was the last thing any of us wanted to do in August, but now that September is nearly over and fall is right around the corner, we’re starting to like the idea of extra warmth. What better way to welcome in autumn than with a legging shopping spree? Check out these 12 fabulously crazy, colorful tights from Japanese artists and designers to add to your cool-weather wardrobe!
Apr 25, 2014
It’s hard to find a universally hated member of the central cast of hit anime Sailor Moon. Even the titular character herself, for all her whiny and lazy tendencies, is so loyal to her friends that it’s hard not to root for her.
But while having a universally appealing ensemble cast makes for a great TV show, it puts fans in a bit of a quandary when they’re buying Sailor Moon goodies. With five principal heroines, how do you choose which one’s merchandise to buy?
Easy: you don’t, and instead grab a pouch or pair of leggings that features all five of the main Sailor Scouts.
Feb 4, 2014
Women around the world may know them as tights, stockings or pantyhose, but most men think of them simply as those things that make girls’ legs look even more awesome. There have been numerous stocking trends over the years, not least in Japan where thigh-highs and “tattoo” designs have been enormous hits, but one image shared via Twitter earlier this week, which purportedly shows how to put the things on, will likely ensure that men never find tights quite as sexy ever again.
Female manga fans understand that there’s more to Japan’s comic industry than the schoolyard romances and shojo sparkles with which we are targeted. A lot of us really love the action, the fighting, and the hero adventure stuff too! Thankfully, there are at least a handful of manufacturers out there who understand where we’re coming from. One such company is catering to us girls with less feminine fandoms by bringing us tattoo tights from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure!
Here in Japan the peak of summer is fast approaching, and the weather just keeps getting hotter. It’s time for girls to break out the lightweight fabrics and frilly skirts. Unfortunately, the things we wear to keep ourselves cool can make us prime targets for summertime molesters. Something about the heat and the skin exposure make summer the most popular season for perverts to get their grope on. Thank goodness someone in China has come up with a fuzzy new fashion item to ensure that would-be offenders steer clear of your space bubble.
They’re apparently called Leg Hair Tights. Put them on, and it’s as though your legs have never seen a razor in their lives! You will be covered from ankle to waist in the thickest curly man hair you can imagine. What a fashion statement! Tattoo tights are positively tame compared to these hairy beasts.
More than just fleshy tones, solid colors, and basic patterns, Japan has found a major fad with women’s tights that look like tattoos featuring popular Disney characters and the like. You may have seen our article earlier this month regarding the onion tights on sale at this year’s Niconico Chokaigi. Now, tights are taking an even more nerdy turn with popular anime and game references. Just take a look at these leggy designs in the works! Read More
With cherry blossom season over in Tokyo, the weather here is definitely turning warm and pleasant (at least for a little while, until the rainy season starts and then the hot and humid summer). Women across Japan are eagerly shedding their coats to enjoy colorful, spring fashion, and to our delight, one of our reporters at Pouch has found the purr-fect item to combine fashion and fun — “cat tights”! Read More
A storm of boos has flooded Japanese forums in response to the invention of fake knee-high stockings. This piece of clothing makes a woman appear to be wearing long socks when she is actually wearing fully sealed tights. As a product, fake knee-high stockings greatly help women to comfortably achieve a cute look. But for some men, the lost opportunity to catch a glimpse of an exposed leg that is brought on by these full-coverage stockings is too much to handle.
Can you tell who the character in the above picture is? She’s cosplayed, posed nude and even turned herself into various edible treats before, but once again Ms. Kitty stretches the boundaries of her professionalism, this time by turning herself into human form, and an über-hot, sexy form at that. And you’ve got to admit, she really isn’t looking too bad, to put it mildly. Read More
Jun 20, 2012
Low turn-out for blood donation is a chronic problem in nearly every country. It seems that people generally don’t like being stabbed and having a machine suck out their blood. On top of that, some countries, such as China a couple decades back have had scandals involving reused equipment and tainted blood that all but shattered the public faith in blood collecting authorities.
These bleak circumstances look like a job for the Blood Buddies: a group of strapping young Chinese men and women who don superhero tights which also illustrate their circulatory systems for all to see!
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer2
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence3
- Stand back, kids! 64-year-old enka singer Aki Yashiro completely nails cover of Evangelion theme4
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world5
- A vision of the future? We can’t take our eyes off Shimizu Corporation’s “Ocean Spiral” design6
- 83-year-old retiree arrested for selling explicit pre-war photos online7
- From mermaids to monsters: The taxidermy mummies on show in Japan【Photos】8
- Deal of the day – Give this hamster’s Vine video six seconds, and he’ll give you a huge smile9
- Japanese dictionary removes heteronormative definitions of love and sex10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make2
- Taiwan Rugby Union’s naked calendar: Because men have butts too【Photos】3
- Budding Japanese student artists impress us with chalkboard works of art4
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】5
- Japanese sleep experts say we’ve been using our blankets wrong, help us hate winter a little less6
- Controversial pick-up artist breaks silence as campaign against him continues7
- Cat got your tongue? 10 unusual Japanese phrases that use the word ‘cat’8
- The familiar looks of “once-in-four-thousand-year” Chinese idol have Japanese netizens talking9
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads4
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours5
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises6
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit7
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make8
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message9
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked10
- A vision of the future? We can’t take our eyes off Shimizu Corporation’s “Ocean Spiral” design
- 83-year-old retiree arrested for selling explicit pre-war photos online
- From mermaids to monsters: The taxidermy mummies on show in Japan【Photos】
- Deal of the day – Give this hamster’s Vine video six seconds, and he’ll give you a huge smile
- Japanese dictionary removes heteronormative definitions of love and sex
- Filled to bursting point? Rush-hour crush on Tokyo subway leaves train with broken window
- Anti-UK World War II era photograph featuring grimacing geisha uncovered
- 【TBT】Chocolate-covered squid, corn Kit Kat, and other anomalies of the Japanese snack food scene
- Green tea ramen? Of course we had to give it a try!【Taste Test】
- Cat got your tongue? 10 unusual Japanese phrases that use the word ‘cat’
- Eyes on your own paper! 1,200 Chinese students take test outdoors to prevent cheating 【Photos】
- Japanese baseball fans disappointed by filthy conditions visiting Major Leaguers left dugout in
- All-male dance group in Japan breaks the ice with incredible “Frozen” inspired number【Video】