We’ve seen the Chinese Photoshop masters work their magic in Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4, which leaves us to wonder, exactly how creative can they get? Also, were those requests really sent in by the people in the photographs? Apparently we’re not the only ones pondering those questions. One brave hero sacrificed himself as a lab rat to test the limits of these photo editing experts. This time, only one photo was sent, and with a very simple request. Guess what?
- Rachel Tackett
Oct 4, 2013
In a very misleading blog post titled “How to easily meet with a lot of characters at Disneyland,” our good friends over at Omocoro decided to troll their readers by taking pictures with random fixtures around the park and pretending that they met with Disney stars. The results are quite adorable, thanks to the addition of googly eyes, though many of the readers less acquainted with the site’s usual antics were woefully disappointed by the comedic content, having hoped for something of actual use.
For those who aren’t aware, Omocoro prides itself on being completely counterproductive. They are the ones who brought us such wonderful pranks as the build-it-yourself Lego bed and the life-size zebra apartment installation, as well as the ever-popular gem, a failed attempt at using Photoshop to turn their ugliest male writer into a sexy-looking lady. Usually, Omocoro saves their meanest tricks for their own staff members, but it seems someone really wanted to take a trip to Tokyo Disneyland on the company credit card this summer….
Those pesky Korean Photoshop trolls are at it again and no photo is safe from their meddling antics. It all started in China, where simple requests to fix a seemingly innocent photo resulted in man bras, boobie shots, and a literal interpretation of “hot sh*t.” The Photoshop wizards of Korea answered back with Baby Iron Man, terrifying sea monsters, and a heavenly auntie.
China or Korea? Which country’s Photoshop trolls did a better job? We suppose it doesn’t really matter who is the victor in this situation. The real winners are those of us who get to have a few laughs…at the expense of requesters who should have chosen their words a little more carefully.
Market analysts have been reeling after the announcement of South Korean upstarts in the lucrative field of Photoshop trolling. For those unfamiliar, this is when people submit their photos for processing to remove unwanted people or change backgrounds. However, inevitably the Photoshop specialist “misunderstands” the request and a good time is had by all… except for the person submitting the photo I guess.
For example, a woman asking to look like a superhero should have been more specific when the Photoshop artist choose the Invisible Woman and wiped her from the image completely. Previously China had a firm hold on Photoshop trolling in Asia but now it appears South Korea is stepping up to the plate. Let’s see what they’ve got!
The poster you see above was recently shared on Japanese internet message board 2channel and appears to be aimed at raising awareness of sexual minorities among in Japan, with the slogan “love takes many forms” written at the top right corner.
Those of you with a keen eye for detail may have noticed that while the straight and lesbian couples are portrayed as vibrant anime characters with no particularly distinctive features, the gay couple is depicted as a burly mass of stereotype.
- Japanese Twitter users and the tale of the broken battery1
- Japanese women dish about being betrayed by their female friends2
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it3
- Japanese high school student becomes Twitter sensation showing difference between time with boyfriend and friends4
- Poster for Ghibli’s new movie under fire … from the big guru himself!5
- Here are the weirdest things you can buy on Alibaba’s English site6
- Miss Todai/weather forecaster Ayaka Sawada’s adorable drawings7
- “How many freakin’ CDs do I have to buy?” Fans displeased with idol group’s debut single8
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated9
- Chinese “porn identification officer” has seen over 600,000 adult videos, threw up after watching some10
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly1
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong2
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection3
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated4
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】5
- Lady Gaga goes gaga for Hatsune Miku, makes virtual idol her opening act6
- Advice from Japanese women on dealing with your boyfriend’s anime girlfriend7
- Real-life barbie bares real-life face in minimal makeup selfies【Photos】8
- “Racist” Air France geisha poster prompts satirical home-made fixes9
- Cat greets its returning owner with so much warmth we’d swear it was puppy love10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos2
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork3
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】4
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for5
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly6
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea7
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour8
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success9
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】4
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- Here are the weirdest things you can buy on Alibaba’s English site
- Miss Todai/weather forecaster Ayaka Sawada’s adorable drawings
- “How many freakin’ CDs do I have to buy?” Fans displeased with idol group’s debut single
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated
- Chinese “porn identification officer” has seen over 600,000 adult videos, threw up after watching some
- Better know a train nerd: 36 different classifications for Japan’s “densha otaku”
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection
- Japan Self-Defense Force’s elite Central Band performs Hatsune Miku song Senbonzakura
- Five foods you should never feed to your cat
- Enjoy a view of Mt Fuji from anywhere in the world with these new ice souvenirs
- Japanese driver fails to stop at a yellow light, turns herself in to the police
- Japan continues to invent items it thinks you want!
- Visit Kiki’s Bakery at a unique fairytale village in Japan
- Advice from Japanese women on dealing with your boyfriend’s anime girlfriend