Have you been wondering what Japan’s favorite mascot has been up to lately? Who, you say? Why, Funasshi, of course, Japan’s squiggly wiggly pear mascot from Funabashi City in Chiba! After rocketing to fame and winning Japan’s top mascot honors in 2013, Funasshi has been touring Japan and the world! Its latest trip was to report for Fuji TV’s “World’s Best Of Picture Show: Top Research“. Find out all the American locations a gyrating pear looks out of place in after the jump.
Deep beneath the placid blue waters of Qiandao Lake in China lurks a beautiful and haunting sight. You’d be forgiven for thinking the above photograph was a digital manipulation, and it’s true that sunken cities have often remained confined to myth, but this mysterious place really does exist. Read on for more stunning photographs of the hidden wonder.
You might claim that you’ve seen Santa fly through the air on Christmas Eve night, but have you ever seen Santa swim with the fishes? The Sunshine Aquarium in Tokyo hosts a special event during the month of December allowing patrons to witness the big man himself feed sharks, sunfish, and a turtle.
Jul 28, 2013
Aw yeah, knee-high socks. Does that get you wet?
Well, these are probably the wettest set of knee-high socks you’ll ever see. Some genius has combined two favourite fetishes in one… “knee-high socks” plus “women underwater”, making for some amazing shots that are very enjoyable even if you’re not particularly into either one. I wonder how this stroke of genius came about. Did someone accidentally fall into a pool while wearing knee socks and climb out shrieking “Eureka!!” Did they start the underwater shoot and then realize the models had terrible shaving rash which needed to be concealed somehow? Or did it come about through some other process of evolution? Wetsuit, wetsuit socks, wet socks… wet knee-high socks? Let’s not even mention how sexy it is to see someone sucking on a scuba diving mouthpiece.
“Underwater knee-high girls”, a collection of photos of women wearing socks underwater, is due to be published by Pot Shuppan on 29 August this year. The underwater photography was captured by Mika Ninagawa, who directed the manga-based movie Helter Skelter (2012), and film-maker, Manabu Koga.
Jan 16, 2013
If you’re of the sporty persuasion and wish that you could take your tunes to the pool without having a funny-looking contraption strapped to your goggles or having your earphones fall out every other stroke, Sony’s newest addition to the Walkman series will definitely be of interest.
Scheduled for a February 16 release in Japan, the new NWD-W270 series features a compact, lightweight design and boasts 4GB of onboard storage space. Plenty of delicious images and details after the break.
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】1
- Japanese net users stunned by photos of Chinese ethnic minority men2
- Photos claim to show difference between Chinese and other travelers, somehow show less and more3
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?4
- Korea doubles down with KFC’s bunless burger, Twitter photos confirm it’s kind of gross5
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors6
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads7
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】8
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy9
- New cafe in Harajuku serves up Pom Pom Purin-shaped cuisine, attracts fans and pop idols alike10
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads1
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked2
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts3
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy4
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】5
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls6
- Worst date ever! Japan’s ladies reveal the top five date ideas to avoid7
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】8
- Robot rebellion begins with a cranky Roomba, Internet users too busy laughing to fight back9
- Poor little dog is driven into corner by owner’s terrifying new house guest10
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】1
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China2
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked3
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea4
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads5
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked6
- Watch liquid turn into food at Japanese sample food factory 【Videos】7
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”8
- “Beautiful foreigner walking a polar bear” spotted at Shibuya’s famous crossing9
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】4
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China5
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later6
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady10
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy
- New cafe in Harajuku serves up Pom Pom Purin-shaped cuisine, attracts fans and pop idols alike
- Nicocafe dishes up a serving of surreal with manga meat, half an umaibo, and rice teishoku
- Learn Japanese from YouTube: Amp up your listening skills with this four-step guide
- Why are some Japanese preschools banning awesome, adorable character bento?
- Liquid wasabi from Shizuoka is our new favorite form of awesome sauce
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Another Chinese knock-off has hit the market, this time it’s a city!
- The most famous cat in Japan shows us exactly how he fits his cubby body in a box
- “2.5D Mask” lets you spend the day as an anime character, frighten pets and small children