An adventurous Netizen found this rather bizarre outfit buried in the depths of Rakuten’s men’s underwear section, and decided to ask fellow net users who on earth they thought would or should wear it. Some of them actually managed to drag their eyes away from the unbelievably chiseled abs of the model to think deeply about this very worthwhile question. Check out their answers below.
- Master Blaster
Jun 19, 2014
RocketNews24 has long stood behind the traditional Japanese loincloth known as a fundoshi. Every year when Fundoshi Day (14 February) rolls around we’re always sure to endorse fundoshi for all of their physical and spiritual benefits.
And now we have reason #165 on why fundoshi are awesome. They can help to prevent sleeping problems for women. At least, that’s the claim made by the makers of Fundoshi Panties now on sale in a mook by Makino Shuppan.
- Joan Coello
May 30, 2014
It is common to see store assistants or sales representatives of apparel brands dressed in clothing from their own brand when they are on duty. This not only allows the staff to experience the fit and feel of their own products, it gives customers a view on what the clothes look like on a real moving human instead of a stiff mannequin. Lingerie makers, however, can’t expect their store assistants to parade around in undergarments. Or can they?
A Chinese woman who runs a lingerie shop was spotted posing and strutting about in her undies like a real-life mannequin for her store! More pictures after the break!
- Cara Clegg
May 13, 2014
Anyone who has ever worn a skirt knows how perilous an experience it can be – one wrong move, one inopportune gust of wind, one misplaced leg; that’s all it takes to inadvertently flash your underwear at a startled passerby.
There was clearly a niche in the market for educating women on how to avoid this embarrassing state of affairs, and one Japanese director has jumped to fill it with gusto.
Earlier in the year, we brought you the news that you can now buy men’s bras and panties on Japanese shopping site Rakuten. Well, the online retailer – the beautifully named Wish Room Men’s – have released their new spring range. We are pleased to announce that it’s even pinker, frillier, and more adorable than ever!
Join us after the jump for impressively muscled manikins, lacy panties, and A-cups galore.
On this day last year, we announced that 14 February was from then to be known as Fundoshi Day. With that grand statement made we waited a whole year for all you readers to go out and by some fundoshi, old-fashioned loincloths to help us again put the “fun” in Fundoshi Day (fun-do-shi = 2-10-4 in Japanese) this year.
And let me guess, you aren’t wearing your fundoshi, are you? Sigh… Alright, we’re patient people, so let us explain again why the fundoshi is the superior choice in underwear.
- Philip Kendall
Jan 2, 2014
When we first laid eyes on the following photos, we thought they were part of some kind of elaborate joke, but our Japanese sister site Pouch has it on good authority that one online retailer is now selling bras, panties and even silky nightgowns that, despite looking exactly like something you’d find in a lady’s bedroom drawer, are actually intended for men.
- Casey Baseel
Dec 13, 2013
As part of our solemn duty of keeping our readers abreast of the latest panty-related developments, we recently brought word of the Sailor Moon lingerie developed by Japanese intimate apparel manufacturer Peach John. Unfortunately, several of the anime-inspired offerings sold out almost immediately and are currently unavailable.
On the bright side, Peach John has several other themed lingerie sets, which we, being the dedicated journalists we are, present to you today.
Like any good anime magical girls, Sailor Moon and her comrades transform into special costumes before taking on the forces of evil. But as cool as their sailor-themed battle gear looks on TV, pleated skirts in vibrant primary colors are a little loud by contemporary Japanese fashion standards. So how can the many fans the Sailor Moon franchise has attracted over the past two decades feel a little closer, wardrobe-wise, to their beloved heroines?
By slipping into a set of Sailor Moon lingerie.
They’ll see London, maybe visit France, but young Japanese guys aren’t into seeing ladies underpants
- Master Blaster
Nov 12, 2013
Pop quiz, fellas! You’re standing on the street and a very attractive woman is walking across a subway grate when, wouldn’t you know it, a gust of wind blows her skirt up revealing her underwear. Would you consider this an especially good day?
If you answered “yes” then guess what? You’re old!
At least that’s what a survey conducted by a Japanese erotic game company is suggesting, and I’m inclined to trust them since their livelihoods depend on this kind of info.
- Rachel Tackett
Sep 24, 2013
Currently, the new arrivals section of the Evangelion Store, an online shop filled all our favorite robot-driving, angel-fighting merchandise, lists a very special lingerie set based directly off of a camisole worn by Asuka in the second new Evangelion movie. Unfortunately for fans of the second child, the item is already sold out and in need of restocking. We’ll try to pretend that’s not creepy, considering the character is only 14… Read More
- Master Blaster
Jul 31, 2013
“We thought the kids would enjoy it. Looking back, we didn’t think it through enough,” said representatives of a Buddhist temple who were running a summer camp for elementary school students.
The apology came amid a flurry of complaints from parents over a game where the children were rewarded for removing articles of clothing.
Fireworks festivals are held across Japan during July and August, despite summer being the country’s wettest season. The inevitable result of this game of atmospheric roulette is that sometimes the pyrotechnic display gets rained out.
Such was the case last Saturday at Showa Park in Tachikawa, the westernmost of Tokyo’s major population centers. Last year’s show drew over 750,000 people to the park and surrounding streets, so when the skies opened up shortly before this year’s similarly-scaled festivities kicked off, it sent a horde of people dashing back to Tachikawa Station, where they were greeted by a leaking roof that only added to the confusion.
Given the situation, it’s easy to understand how someone might drop some of their belongings, like a wallet or cell phone. How a piece of intimate apparel ended up unaccounted for, however, remains a bit of a mystery.
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Jul 25, 2013
Looking for a fresh pair of undies for your smartphone? We thought so! Bandai has just announced a new line up of their hugely popular SmartPants brand smartphone underwear. This time, SmartPants2 come in eight new designs, a pixelized home button sticker, and a exceptionally weird promotional video.
Recently around the world and in Japan there has been a sudden upswing in the number of people wearing underwear (namely panties or briefs) over their heads.
A photography book full of images of girls doing everyday things with panties over their faces was recently published. This was only a few months prior to the release of the live-action adaptation of Hentai Kamen (Pervert Mask) manga which chronicles the adventures of a panty-mask wearing hero. Where is all this coming from?
RocketNews24 columnist GO has, much like John Howard Griffin before him, tried to enter deep into the mind of a panty-head-wearer by transforming himself into one. Here’s what he discovered.
- Master Blaster
Feb 13, 2013
February Fourteenth is a particularly special day in Japan. It’s a day when men and women, young and old deal with a very intimate subject.
Yes, it’s that special time of the year where the nation celebrates traditional thong underwear known as fundoshi. Rest assured, on this day there’s a whole lot going on to pay homage to that once valued strip of fabric.
Things are getting busy for the unsung hero of clothing, underwear. In recent years developments in the underwear technology sector have been coming in fast and furious.
The following is a report of some progressive underpants that promise to cut smells, back pain and will rub your belly while you sleep.
In May, the inevitable finally happened when respective branding companies Groundworks and Sanrio teamed up to launch a line of crossover products to commemorate this fall’s release of the newest Evangelion movie, Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo.
Now, with the long-awaited film only a few weeks away, Japanese underwear maker 3RDWARE has joined the fray to outfit your First Child with adorable Eva x Hello Kitty boxer briefs.
Here’s your Japanese vocabulary lesson for the day:
■ Chinpoji – Cheenpojee – [noun]
The perfect position for a man’s junk to rest in his underwear, pants, etc.
For men worldwide, to function normally we have to have our gear oriented in the correct position. If through moving or sitting we fall out of chinpoji, then our minds become clouded with neuroses.
According to a survey by Japanese underwear maker Wacoal, 75% of men “are anxious about the positioning of their ‘front parts.’” Not just the discomfort going on inside the pants; many men feel that their packages can be seen by people on the outside too when they’re out of place. This causes us to perform emergency public adjustments, which makes any woman within eyeshot go “ugghhh.” In the end no one wins.
Yahoo Japan’s R25 explored this issue deeper, seeking to discover if all men’s chinpoji are the same and, if so, ask a medical professional why. Here’s what they found.
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today1
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture2
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight3
- The planned “Great Ice Wall” to contain Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear plant isn’t freezing4
- Ryokan etiquette: What not to do when staying at a traditional Japanese inn5
- If an onigiri and a cheesegurger had a baby, it’d be a Bakudan Musubi6
- “Joke” site demonstrates the cruelty of cyberbullying, makes us wet our pants7
- Gintama’s protagonist as envisioned by fujoshi: blushing, bare-chested, and super voluptuous!8
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar9
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool10
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’3
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman4
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”5
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight6
- Creative pet “haircuts”: Funky or funny? You decide.7
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex8
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break9
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land7
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic8
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!9
- Guitarist perfectly recreates disgraced Japanese politician’s uncontrollable sobbing【Video】10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- What if Sailor Moon characters were lingerie models? They’d look stunning like this 【Photos】9
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】10
- If an onigiri and a cheesegurger had a baby, it’d be a Bakudan Musubi
- “Joke” site demonstrates the cruelty of cyberbullying, makes us wet our pants
- Gintama’s protagonist as envisioned by fujoshi: blushing, bare-chested, and super voluptuous!
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- “Painful” decorations return! It’s time to bring the pain to your entire room!
- Son refuses to see mom because she’s “too ugly”, but is that the whole story?
- Our reporter goes looking for fans at Comic-Con…in his Sailor Venus cosplay outfit
- Get the most out of your visit to Japan with these tourist-only deals 【Ninja Life Skills】
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!
- Vietnamese man, angry at wife, hatches bizarre revenge scheme: Cut off his own penis
- Get your chills on the rails with Kyoto’s Ghost Train 【Video】
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea