The other day while out shopping for computer parts like that-thing-that-connects-an-old-type-iPod-to-a-PC, one Twitter user stumbled upon a truly great deal. For only 200 yen (US$1.70) you can get…um, you know…one of those “things-that-let-you-make-a-USB-into-a-plug.”
Japan, like many other countries, has no shortage of “unique” inventions and products. Sometimes they may seem useless or downright impractical, but other times they’re just clever enough to be useful.
So where does this USB-powered onigiri (rice ball) warmer fall on the spectrum of clever and bewildering? We’ll let you decide for yourself!
Sep 24, 2014
Nowadays, it seems everyone is surrounded by multiple electronic gadgets that need constant managing and charging. And we all know it can be a drag remembering to keep all those devices juiced up. Well, you might as well do the charging in style, right? In that case, these adorable USB power adapters may be just what you need to get the job done. Yes, our favorite friends from Disney have turned themselves into power adapters for your precious gadgets, but in this case, they’re keeping their faces hidden — and displaying their cute bottoms instead!
May 13, 2014
Japanese electronics giant Panasonic recently unveiled an invention so awesome and totally logical we can’t help but wonder why it took so long for someone to introduce it.
Behold, the USB wall outlet; a riff on the standard two-prong outlet that features an extra socket for USB devices. In an age where probably more than half of the devices we use on a daily basis are USB-powered, it’s a wonder that it took until now for someone to come forward with a product like this.
Apr 21, 2012
There have been a lot of developments with speakers recently and Sanyo Transport, the company who brought you the cutting edge iPhone phonograph tube speaker, has come up with something a little more 21st century.
Not a speaker in itself, this device actually transforms everyday objects like a table or chair into speakers that emit sounds. Demonstrating again Sanyo Transport’s god-awful product naming skills, the Change Anything You Have Into A Speaker USB Vibration Speaker (CAYHIASUSBVS) uses technology similar to the earless headphones we featured a short time ago.
Millions of people have experienced the satisfying feeling of pulling back their digital angry birds, releasing and sending them flying into those rickety pig-built structures on their smart phones or computers. It almost makes you want to light up a cigarette afterwards.
But after playing through the hundreds of levels that Roxio has released you may find that original satisfaction waning somewhat. We have seen the videos of “real-life” versions in the past, but most of us lack the space and resources to do it ourselves. Well now, some ingenious fans have found a great way to add a fresh kick to their Angry Birds addiction using a real slingshot.
Feb 21, 2012
Buffalo Kokuyo Supply Inc. has announced they will release a new USB hub sometime in the end of February. What sets this USB hub apart is that you will be able to connect your USB cord facing either way (upwards or downwards).
This comes as welcome news to everyone who has had to squint into their USB jack to see what side that little piece of plastic is on, and then still somehow manage to put it in the wrong way.
- Even adult men are snapping up girls’ comic magazine’s new issue, and for an unexpected reason1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- 10 weird and wonderful things you can find in a Japanese drugstore3
- This adorable cat commercial answers the question: “What would a cat conversation sound like?”4
- “It all came out?” Debate ensues over whether schoolgirl ad is just talking about mayonnaise5
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map6
- Fan-made TIE Fighter short film: For people who love Star Wars, anime, or just plain awesomeness7
- Japanese girl finds “school love,” but with a surprising “partner”8
- Have you foresaken sleep and completed Bloodborne already? Now you can move on to PvP mode!9
- Inspirations for April Fools’ pranks (you can thank us later)【Photos】10
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map1
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives2
- Inspirations for April Fools’ pranks (you can thank us later)【Photos】3
- Japanese girl finds “school love,” but with a surprising “partner”4
- Buyer’s remorse? Not if you’ve got confidence like this girl5
- Japanese women list the top 10 lies they can spot the second a guy says them6
- Bizarre video series gives pervy weirdos a glimpse of girls’ panties in very specific situations7
- Kabe-don? That’s old news. Now it’s all about the sode-kuru!8
- Public reacts in horror as poster in Shinjuku Station threatens even more exits9
- Six anime songs people are sick of hearing at karaoke, according to new poll10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby2
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines3
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】4
- Forget the dress, how many shades of blue do you see here?5
- Half-Japanese beauty chosen to represent Japan at Miss Universe 20156
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map7
- Japanese netizens stare at red dot for 30 seconds, freak out when they see what happens8
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives9
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo2
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby3
- Literal breastplate will give you a cosplay-ready, anime-class bust in seconds 【Photos】4
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”5
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines6
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing7
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】8
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】9
- Internet ready to shut up and take your money as preorders finally start for Cat Ear Headphones10
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map
- Fan-made TIE Fighter short film: For people who love Star Wars, anime, or just plain awesomeness
- Japanese girl finds “school love,” but with a surprising “partner”
- Have you foresaken sleep and completed Bloodborne already? Now you can move on to PvP mode!
- Inspirations for April Fools’ pranks (you can thank us later)【Photos】
- 93-year-old Japanese woman gifts ambulance worth 2.7 million yen to local fire station
- Cup of noodles for vegans! Japanese Zen Buddhist temple starts selling instant soba and udon
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea
- Five simple ways to take your curry rice to the next level
- Praternity search board game from the 80s making a comeback on Twitter
- We visit the brand-new Disney store for grown-up women in Tokyo’s Harajuku 【Photos】
- Our recipe for green tea rice-cooker pancakes: amazingly tasty, ridiculously easy
- Japanese women list the top 10 lies they can spot the second a guy says them