That old Internet meme about stupid business plans that goes something like, “1) _____, 2) ???, 3) Profit!” can now apparently be applied to dumb revenge schemes, as a Vietnamese man, who, after becoming so incredibly furious at his wife that he simply had to do something to get revenge, put together this brilliant scheme: 1) cut off own penis, 2) ???, 3) SATISFACTION!!!!
In Vietnam on 15 July it was reported that Hanoi police investigated the Dong Yang Nong Sa food distributor and discovered a large stash of illegal food additives. Referred to as a “Magical Additive” it has the power to transform pork into beef. This comes as great news because I was just about to stop believing in magic.
Jun 5, 2014
You have to hand it to Coca-Cola. Despite being the best-selling cola brand and one of the biggest companies in the world, they certainly don’t seem to rest on their laurels. Like a hungry up-and-coming business, they’re always coming up with new gimmicks in each of the 200 countries they operate in, whether it be personalized bottles in Japan or, like now in Vietnam, a set of functional caps which can transform your empty bottle into a water gun, pencil sharpener, night lights and more after you’re finished with it.
Apr 29, 2014
Bad weather holidays were the greatest reason for not going to school. Sometimes, though, the severe weather isn’t quite enough to force a closure. The wind isn’t quite strong enough or the rain or snow isn’t dangerous enough. So, if the school says classes are on, you do what you can to get there. A city in Vietnam has “schooled” everyone with the incredible lengths they will go to get students to their classroom.
Feb 19, 2014
You may have been under the impression that McDonald’s has already taken over the world. But even though it has already succeeded in introducing the Big Mac to over 120 countries or territories around the globe, it still has a few places left to conquer. Up until now, Vietnam was, perhaps surprisingly, one of those places. But not anymore with the grand opening of Vietnam’s first McDonald’s shop, which also happens to be Vietnam’s first drive-through restaurant and first 24-hour chain store. Opening day proved to be a smashing success with hordes of people flocking to sink their teeth into a juicy burger. Interestingly, due to the prevalence of scooters in Vietnam, the drive-through line was almost completely composed of people driving not cars, but scooters! Join us for a look at some opening day scenes with pictures taken by people who were there.
At any amusement park run by the “big two” – Disney or Universal Studios – you can be whisked away to a picturesque fairytale castle, or live out scenes from your favourite movies. But what if what you really want is to ride through the depths of hell and then go alligator fishing? Suoi Tien Cultural Amusement Park, located on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City, is a mammoth of a theme park that delights and baffles in equal measure. Read on for our eight reasons not to miss out!
Aug 12, 2013
What’s the longest you’ve gone being alone? A day? Maybe a week? How about 40 years?
That’s how long one 82-year-old man and his 42-year-old son spent living alone in a jungle located in Quang Ngai province of Vietnam before finally emerging last week.
Changes are expected to be made to the Vietnamese constitution this October during sessions of the country’s National Assembly. The current constitution was ratified in 1992 as part of the doimoi political movement that relaxed many of the government’s economic controls, and was a major departure from its previous incarnation.
Although minor revisions were made to the constitution in 2001, far more extensive alterations are expected in the next round. Among the many points to be discussed is the possibility of altering the country’s official name.
In Japan, we have a tradition of enjoying huge firework events in the summer. On weekends in July and August, you can often see girls on their way to a hanabi taikai (fireworks festival) in colorful yukatas, a popular summer kimono for women when going out to fireworks events. But of course, it doesn’t have to be summer to enjoy beautiful fireworks, as this stunning video from Vietnam proves!
Vietnamese Trade Ao Dai for Anime-Inspired Uniforms and Collars at Ho Chi Minh City’s First Locally-Owned Maid Café
May 15, 2013
One of the most enduring images of Japanese pop culture in the past few years is that of the maid café, where customers are served by waitresses with personalities to match the careful craftsmanship of their cute, frill-covered outfits. Maid cafes have become something of a cultural export, popping up in the U.S., Canada, and, as RocketNews24 previously showcased, Russia. The phenomenon has also reached Southeast Asia, as showcased by reporters from website Post Seven who recently visited a maid café in Vietnam.
Oct 3, 2012
Despite China’s booming development in recent years, their media has been reluctant to toot their own patriotic horn and limited themselves to phrases like “potential superpower”.
It looks like the kid gloves are off now though, as South China Post kicked off the newest nickname for the PRC, “beginning superpower” last week. This follows a busy summer of superpower-like imposition and disregard for neighboring countries all along the nation’s coasts.
- Japanese net users stunned by photos of Chinese ethnic minority men1
- Photos claim to show difference between Chinese and other travelers, somehow show less and more2
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】3
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?4
- Korea doubles down with KFC’s bunless burger, Twitter photos confirm it’s kind of gross5
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】6
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads7
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors8
- The most famous cat in Japan shows us exactly how he fits his cubby body in a box9
- Why are some Japanese preschools banning awesome, adorable character bento?10
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads1
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked2
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts3
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy4
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls5
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】6
- Worst date ever! Japan’s ladies reveal the top five date ideas to avoid7
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】8
- Robot rebellion begins with a cranky Roomba, Internet users too busy laughing to fight back9
- Poor little dog is driven into corner by owner’s terrifying new house guest10
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】1
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China2
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked3
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea4
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads5
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked6
- Watch liquid turn into food at Japanese sample food factory 【Videos】7
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”8
- “Beautiful foreigner walking a polar bear” spotted at Shibuya’s famous crossing9
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】4
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China5
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later6
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady10
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors
- The most famous cat in Japan shows us exactly how he fits his cubby body in a box
- Why are some Japanese preschools banning awesome, adorable character bento?
- Nicocafe dishes up a serving of surreal with manga meat, half an umaibo, and rice teishoku
- Ken Akamatsu bemoans Britain’s child pornography sentencing
- The toy you’ve always wanted: Action-figure you
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- The plot thickens: Pizza Hut Japan’s feline employees disappear overnight, forcing store closure 【Video】
- The craziest small arms maneuvers by South Korean SWAT, in 9 GIFs
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked
- Is Japan really racist? A look at where things stand