Don’t like going to high school? Instead of physically going to campus and dealing with other whiney teens and your annoying teachers, you could send an avatar to go to a virtual school for you! Starting next spring, a private correspondence school in Chiba Prefecture called Meisei Cyber High School is opening its virtual doors!
Virtual reality pornography is basically a reality at this point. Oculus Rift plus Tenga equals the end of humanity. Oculus Rift plus a pillow equals hugs as real as your virtual girlfriend. Oculus Rift plus a straw equals a surprisingly pleasant date with your anime girlfriend sitting on the other side of the uncanny valley. We’re now convince that when aliens discover the remains of human civilization centuries from now, they’ll conclude that it was a magic device known as the “Oculus Rift” that brought civilization screeching to a halt.
And now, an Oculus Rift plus a novelty mouse pad with “breasts” is…actually really, really creepy. And while it probably won’t result in us all withering away to empty husks, this Boobie Squeezing Simulator is almost certainly the beginning of the end.
Sep 2, 2014
If, like me, you’ve dreamed of the day when the world comes to realise that video games are so much more than the pastime of Call of Duty-obsessed teens and neck-bearded basement dwellers, the arrival of mature, genuinely evocative titles such as last year’s Gone Home and The Last of Us will no doubt have sparked excitement that the dream is almost a reality. With games that are no longer afraid to broach any number of mature themes and issues, and in some cases even have the power to make players cry, non-gamers may one day soon–instead of scoffing at the images displayed our on screens as they pass by–actually want to sit down and watch, caught up in the scenes unfolding before them.
Unless, of course, the images on that screen are anything like those from the newest tech demo for Sony’s virtual reality headset, Summer Lesson, which looks to be mostly about leering at a schoolgirl in her bedroom while pretending to study.
Aug 4, 2014
Are you starting to feel that your virtual girlfriend just isn’t real enough? Craving the feel of her soft skin against your own? With the technological leaps being made in the field of virtual reality gaming headsets, otaku are being offered the chance to get closer to their digital darlings than ever before. But can they handle it?!
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Jun 12, 2014
My hands are still trembling after demoing The Deep on Project Morpheus, Sony’s virtual reality headset. The game brings players into the middle of shark-infested waters with only a flare gun and a flimsy steel cage for protection. It’s this generation’s Jaws in a new, terrifying reality never seen before, and will no doubt scar another decade of children who will be too scared to take a bath. Check out our hands-on review and have fun laughing at me screaming to myself during my battle against a Great White.
May 31, 2014
Samsung and Facebook’s Oculus VR unit are working together to create a virtual reality device powered by Samsung’s Galaxy S5 line of phones, Engadget reports. You literally plug your phone into the headset and you’re inside a “shockingly good” virtual world, the site reports.
Apr 24, 2014
Few people know this about me, but on top of being a huge video game nerd, I’m also both a part-time eco warrior and a big fan of the Tiny House movement, which is all about simple living and not destroying the environment for the sake of building a McMansion. I’ll happily spend a full evening watching video tours of micro homes or looking at floor plans while sketching out my own future home. But no amount of doodles can compare to actually visiting a property in person and snooping around.
Japanese home builder Daiwa House, too, knows the importance of giving potential home builders a chance to experience their residences in person, and is about to launch a special “Try Lab” showroom that invites visitors to slip on a virtual reality headset and wander around inside their new house, whether tiny or huge, and really get a feel for the place before giving the architect the final nod.
Mar 19, 2014
Sony Computer Entertainment has just lifted the lid on brand new hardware at GDC 2014 in San Francisco: its own virtual reality headset for PlayStation 4, codenamed Project Morpheus.
Maybe, along with the drive to to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before, we also want to explore our minds and consciousness. And maybe inevitably that sometimes comes out to be inventing new ways to mess with our own heads. And so, the eggheads at Riken Research have developed the “Substitutional Reality System“. Read More
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer2
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence3
- Stand back, kids! 64-year-old enka singer Aki Yashiro completely nails cover of Evangelion theme4
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world5
- A vision of the future? We can’t take our eyes off Shimizu Corporation’s “Ocean Spiral” design6
- 83-year-old retiree arrested for selling explicit pre-war photos online7
- From mermaids to monsters: The taxidermy mummies on show in Japan【Photos】8
- Deal of the day – Give this hamster’s Vine video six seconds, and he’ll give you a huge smile9
- Japanese dictionary removes heteronormative definitions of love and sex10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make2
- Taiwan Rugby Union’s naked calendar: Because men have butts too【Photos】3
- Budding Japanese student artists impress us with chalkboard works of art4
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】5
- Japanese sleep experts say we’ve been using our blankets wrong, help us hate winter a little less6
- Controversial pick-up artist breaks silence as campaign against him continues7
- Cat got your tongue? 10 unusual Japanese phrases that use the word ‘cat’8
- The familiar looks of “once-in-four-thousand-year” Chinese idol have Japanese netizens talking9
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads4
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours5
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises6
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit7
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make8
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message9
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked10
- A vision of the future? We can’t take our eyes off Shimizu Corporation’s “Ocean Spiral” design
- 83-year-old retiree arrested for selling explicit pre-war photos online
- From mermaids to monsters: The taxidermy mummies on show in Japan【Photos】
- Deal of the day – Give this hamster’s Vine video six seconds, and he’ll give you a huge smile
- Japanese dictionary removes heteronormative definitions of love and sex
- Filled to bursting point? Rush-hour crush on Tokyo subway leaves train with broken window
- Anti-UK World War II era photograph featuring grimacing geisha uncovered
- 【TBT】Chocolate-covered squid, corn Kit Kat, and other anomalies of the Japanese snack food scene
- Green tea ramen? Of course we had to give it a try!【Taste Test】
- Cat got your tongue? 10 unusual Japanese phrases that use the word ‘cat’
- Eyes on your own paper! 1,200 Chinese students take test outdoors to prevent cheating 【Photos】
- Japanese baseball fans disappointed by filthy conditions visiting Major Leaguers left dugout in
- All-male dance group in Japan breaks the ice with incredible “Frozen” inspired number【Video】