We’re sure you’ve heard of square watermelons from Japan, but how about heart-shaped ones? After many years of research, Hiroichi Kimura, a farmer from Kumamoto Prefecture, has finally done it! But it was no easy task shaping the originally round fruits into the symbol of love. Let’s take a closer look at the fruits of this farmer’s labor.
In case you’ve been in cryosleep for the last month and somehow missed us moaning about it, Japan and a number of Asian countries are currently experiencing one of the hottest summers on record and are a horrible sweaty mess. Like a bunch of restless pets wandering around the bedroom at night looking for a cool place to sleep, people are crowding into air-conditioned public areas, crashing out on treadmills in otherwise respectable department stores, and even wedging themselves into ice-cream cases.
In China, though, some clever parents have solved the heat problem for their little ones by dressing them up in the coolest, most thirst-quenching fruit of them all, with adorable results. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the watermelon babies.
To pull off the perfect crime one has to minimize risk while maximizing the yields. If you’re going to rob a bank you’ll have to put up with safes, cameras, random customers, polite staff and a quick police response.
So who is sitting on a goldmine but least expecting to get robbed? While not as expensive as more authentic melons, watermelons go for a rather high price in Japan. However, you’d have to be crazy to try and steal a bunch of watermelons… Right?
We all love coolers, don’t we? They keep our drinks nice and cold, wherever we go. Well, here’s a gadget that does the job even better! This little guy on wheels, believe it or not, is a portable mini-refrigerator/heater and goes by the cute product name of “Tama-chan”. But why is Tama-chan shown with a watermelon inside? Read More
The newest in a line of seasonal limited edition Pepsi flavors has been announced by Japanese distributor Suntory. Set to debut on 24 July is the red-colored Pepsi: Salty Watermelon. Hopefully this is as awesome as Pepsi: Pink was.
But after reading the announcement I had to do a double-take. The watermelon’s salty?
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles1
- Onsen trivia! Finding the hottest, highest, and healthiest hot springs in Japan2
- Your holiday (counterfeit) gift-buying guide!3
- Chinese man leaps to his death during five-hour shopping trip with girlfriend4
- Biker/Photographer gives Google Street View car taste of its own medicine5
- 92-year-old grandmother creates gorgeous traditional Japanese toys6
- Let’s learn a little Japanese with this dead squid in a parking lot7
- Adorable chinchilla causes Japanese netizens to have cute attack 【Photos】8
- 10 Japanese foods you can make at home!9
- Men’s butts are shaped like green peppers, according to this butt illustration guide10
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer4
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour5
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director6
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts7
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car8
- Subway mini skirt peeping tom found innocent9
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】2
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】3
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs4
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!5
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong6
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right7
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China8
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】9
- The amazing disaster relief equipment of Japan’s Self Defense Force10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- Snake being pickled to create healing liquor awakens after 3 months and bites woman10
- 92-year-old grandmother creates gorgeous traditional Japanese toys
- Let’s learn a little Japanese with this dead squid in a parking lot
- Adorable chinchilla causes Japanese netizens to have cute attack 【Photos】
- 10 Japanese foods you can make at home!
- Men’s butts are shaped like green peppers, according to this butt illustration guide
- Video game maker’s Akihabara pizza joint has great food, not a single maid
- What Apple and Microsoft Would Look Like if Personified as Anime Characters
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer
- Fashionable fairy tale cosplays could pass as adorable dresses
- We compare global attitudes about cosmetic surgery
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China
- Gifu, Kyoto Rack Up Highest Averages in Japanese Boob Size Survey, Saitama Falls Flat