Tales have oft been told of the mythical items to be found when journeying through the maze of shopping aisles in Japan’s online realm. From unusual manga characters to riot shields, it seems anything might be possible once you’ve entered through the magical portal known as Amazon Japan. Now it seems that visitors who stop by to make purchases are just as interesting as some of the items on offer, as self-proclaimed heroes and brave warriors from across the nation are buying swords from the marketplace and providing feedback on the efficacy of their items. Latest reviews are aimed at an innocent-looking plastic sword, which is said to be under-performing when it comes to vitality levels and magic ability.
Dec 16, 2013
Have you ever wondered how militaries transport their massive weapons and ordinances across countries or even continents? We always just pictured gigantic airplanes like in Operation Dumbo Drop, but apparently not. It turns that they just get trucks, latch the weapon on, and take off down the highway! Simple, if not just a little disappointing.
But for one Chinese army truck driver lugging an enormous gun, that operation turned out not to be quite so simple after all…
Dec 4, 2013
Japan and the nations the English-speaking RocketNews24 team hail from are on good terms these days, but just a few generations ago things weren’t so friendly. While the greatest scientific minds of Japan today focus on putting solar panels on the moon or turning algae into fuel, during the 1930s and 40s weapons development was a much bigger growth area than green energy.
Recently, the wreckage of one of the Japanese Imperial Navy’s most advanced pieces of equipment from World War II was discovered off the coast of Hawaii. What exactly was it? A submarine, or maybe an aircraft carrier?
It was both.
What could be better than seeing a cute girl dressing as a member of AKB48 and dancing around in a uniform? A cute girl dressing as an AKB48 member firing military-grade weapons, apparently.
The following video and images come from Hyper Douraku, a Japanese gun enthusiast website that has teamed up with otaku favourite and “image” DVD (footage of girls in skimpy outfits in various poses) star Mii Aihara.
Dressed in a variety of hugely impractical outfits from AKB48 to Resident Evil‘s Jill Valentine, Mii heads down to the firing range to squeeze off a few rounds as part of the website’s “Guam Shooting Tour 2012.”
Why? We have no idea. But we still found ourselves watching bizarre video after bizarre video on the site.
- Over half of Japanese adults do this in the shower – How about you?1
- Visit Japan without ever leaving home with these eight beautiful videos2
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so3
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile4
- Women at World Wushu Championships attack each other at the speed of light5
- Bonsai treehouses look like something out of Howl’s Moving Castle 【Photos】6
- The Simpsons Halloween episode pays tribute to popular anime7
- 10 ways shopping at Wal-Mart in China is completely different from how it is in the US8
- Japan’s prince of tennis gets his own Prince of Tennis manga portrait9
- Japan is doing what people do best with fallen leaves: playing with them【Photos】10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer2
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute3
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters4
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world5
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick6
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence7
- Can you spot the problem that led to the recall of this otherwise cute Japanese New Year’s card?8
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan9
- Question reveals how foreigners feel about speaking Japanese, getting English in return10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises5
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit6
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make7
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message8
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】9
- Just a bunch of adorable cats riding on trains in Japan10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea10
- Bonsai treehouses look like something out of Howl’s Moving Castle 【Photos】
- The Simpsons Halloween episode pays tribute to popular anime
- 10 ways shopping at Wal-Mart in China is completely different from how it is in the US
- Japan’s prince of tennis gets his own Prince of Tennis manga portrait
- Japan is doing what people do best with fallen leaves: playing with them【Photos】
- Online survey reveals the types of guys elementary school girls DON’T want to date
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick
- How to cook miso soup (the right way) in a few simple steps【RocketKitchen】
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan
- Check out this amazing Princess Mononoke digital fan art from China
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters
- Question reveals how foreigners feel about speaking Japanese, getting English in return