Look, we completely understand how quickly a diet can disappear when things like all-you-can-eat burgers exist in this world. And trying to implement the newest fad diet or tracking down black market diet pills seems to be a full time job for some of us. That is why here at RocketNews24, we have worked hard to find the most shocking, disgusting image that will make you immediately lose your taste for fast food, carbs, sugar, fat and anything else that tastes too good.
It’s not unusual for consumer products to suddenly explode in popularity after being introduced on a particular TV show, but when Japan’s Asahi TV introduced mackerel as a food that can be beneficial in weight loss during its home medicine program “Takeshi no Kenkou Entertainment! Minna no Kenkou Igaku” few coould have expected the overwhelming outcome.
If a guy yells “Hey, fattie!” at you, the natural reaction from many girls would be a good slap in the face. But apparently when it comes from the perfect lips of a hot guy, it’s just motivation…
Quite common in Western countries, the concept of shared accommodation in Japan is still relatively new. However, according to Oak House, a guest house and apartment operator in Tokyo, such accommodation is gaining in popularity. Fifteen years ago, the company managed about 150 units; today that figure has risen to 2,300. Shunned by some as being inconvenient and a hassle, others are being drawn to added-value properties featuring amenities such as yoga studios and home theater facilities. Oak House said there is a waiting list of 100 people at its most popular location.
Shared accommodation also has the benefit of being cost effective as no key money (a mandatory, nonrefundable payment, typically equivalent to two months’ rent, given to the landlord for the privilege of being able to live in the unit) or security deposit (typically two months’ rent, and though technically refundable, is seldom returned in full as apartment cleaning fees and other expenses are deducted) are required. Additionally, furnishings are provided, something else that is not common in Japan, meaning initial outlays can be kept to a minimum.
With the popularity of this type of housing increasing, companies in Japan are concocting various inducements in an effort to draw in renters.
For those whose work has them chained to a desk, concerns about whether or not they are getting enough exercise often creep into their minds.
In Japan, it is estimated that an average adult male should burn about 2,000 calories a day while an adult female should use around 1,700 (numbers vary according to age and build). Even armed with that knowledge, many people still consume more calories than they burn by indulging in snacks between meals and eating excessively late into the night. A lot of desk jockeys are probably wondering what they should do to better their situation.
Well, there might be some good news. The number of calories burnt at the click of a mouse has recently been calculated.
Anyone who’s ever tried to shed a few pounds knows how hard it can be to stay motivated. Sometimes you just can’t reach down and find the fortitude deep inside to put down the doughnut and pick up your dumbbells without a more immediate payoff. A recently opened rental property in Osaka has come up with a novel idea to help dieters keep their motivation up: a discount on rent for weight lost. Read More
- An Illustrated Guide to the Implications of not Washing Your Hands After Using the Restroom1
- Your Favorite Nintendo Games As You’ve Never Seen Them Before, As Traditional Japanese Prints2
- Cakes disguised as Chinese food for under-the-radar sweet sneaking or just confusing your brain3
- The Top Nine Things Japanese Women Discreetly Check Out When on a Hunt for a Husband4
- Japanese Men and Women Rank Which Countries They’d Look to for a Mate5
- We go behind the scenes at Japan Airlines’ in-flight meal factory【Photos】6
- The Top 25 Things In Japan Most Likely To Blow Foreigner’s Minds7
- Cheerleaders! Maids! Japanese lingerie maker has you (slightly) covered for themed intimate apparel8
- “Damn it human, help me!” One cat’s epic battle with an empty plastic bag9
- From Cardigans to Carjackings: The best sellers of Amazon Japan in 201310
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- An Illustrated Guide to the Implications of not Washing Your Hands After Using the Restroom2
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea3
- Woman with alone time on an elevator does something incredibly unexpected4
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car5
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】6
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer7
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director8
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles9
- Hey guys, unlucky with women? There’s always Latvia!10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】2
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China3
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs4
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!5
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】6
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea7
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong8
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】9
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】10
- We go behind the scenes at Japan Airlines’ in-flight meal factory【Photos】
- The Top 25 Things In Japan Most Likely To Blow Foreigner’s Minds
- Cheerleaders! Maids! Japanese lingerie maker has you (slightly) covered for themed intimate apparel
- “Damn it human, help me!” One cat’s epic battle with an empty plastic bag
- From Cardigans to Carjackings: The best sellers of Amazon Japan in 2013
- We buy a pair of glasses from up and coming idol Kanna Hashimoto
- We live the high life with wine aged in the depths of Japan’s seas
- Pet owner builds tiny ninja house for hamster, escape panels and hidden doors galore
- Mysterious Santa puts smiles on childrens’ faces with a generous gift of 3,000 books!
- Toilet Theme Park Opened In Korea, There is a Rational Explanation for This
- Survey shows Japanese workers least likely to take vacation time, most likely to hate their job
- 46 Things That Surprise Foreigners in Japan
- What do Japanese People Put in Their Rice Balls? Top 22 Most Popular Onigiri Fillings!