Look, we completely understand how quickly a diet can disappear when things like all-you-can-eat burgers exist in this world. And trying to implement the newest fad diet or tracking down black market diet pills seems to be a full time job for some of us. That is why here at RocketNews24, we have worked hard to find the most shocking, disgusting image that will make you immediately lose your taste for fast food, carbs, sugar, fat and anything else that tastes too good.
Aug 8, 2013
It’s not unusual for consumer products to suddenly explode in popularity after being introduced on a particular TV show, but when Japan’s Asahi TV introduced mackerel as a food that can be beneficial in weight loss during its home medicine program “Takeshi no Kenkou Entertainment! Minna no Kenkou Igaku” few coould have expected the overwhelming outcome.
If a guy yells “Hey, fattie!” at you, the natural reaction from many girls would be a good slap in the face. But apparently when it comes from the perfect lips of a hot guy, it’s just motivation…
John Stuart Translations
Mar 16, 2013
Quite common in Western countries, the concept of shared accommodation in Japan is still relatively new. However, according to Oak House, a guest house and apartment operator in Tokyo, such accommodation is gaining in popularity. Fifteen years ago, the company managed about 150 units; today that figure has risen to 2,300. Shunned by some as being inconvenient and a hassle, others are being drawn to added-value properties featuring amenities such as yoga studios and home theater facilities. Oak House said there is a waiting list of 100 people at its most popular location.
Shared accommodation also has the benefit of being cost effective as no key money (a mandatory, nonrefundable payment, typically equivalent to two months’ rent, given to the landlord for the privilege of being able to live in the unit) or security deposit (typically two months’ rent, and though technically refundable, is seldom returned in full as apartment cleaning fees and other expenses are deducted) are required. Additionally, furnishings are provided, something else that is not common in Japan, meaning initial outlays can be kept to a minimum.
With the popularity of this type of housing increasing, companies in Japan are concocting various inducements in an effort to draw in renters.
For those whose work has them chained to a desk, concerns about whether or not they are getting enough exercise often creep into their minds.
In Japan, it is estimated that an average adult male should burn about 2,000 calories a day while an adult female should use around 1,700 (numbers vary according to age and build). Even armed with that knowledge, many people still consume more calories than they burn by indulging in snacks between meals and eating excessively late into the night. A lot of desk jockeys are probably wondering what they should do to better their situation.
Well, there might be some good news. The number of calories burnt at the click of a mouse has recently been calculated.
Anyone who’s ever tried to shed a few pounds knows how hard it can be to stay motivated. Sometimes you just can’t reach down and find the fortitude deep inside to put down the doughnut and pick up your dumbbells without a more immediate payoff. A recently opened rental property in Osaka has come up with a novel idea to help dieters keep their motivation up: a discount on rent for weight lost. Read More
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick1
- Question reveals how foreigners feel about speaking Japanese, getting English in return2
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours3
- Make sure to visit this historical onsen once before you die, or just do it right now with Google4
- How to cook miso soup (the right way) in a few simple steps【RocketKitchen】5
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan6
- Ladybeard x Sailor Suit Old Man star in “dream collaboration” at school!7
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute8
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer9
- Tokyo train delayed due to the strangest of reasons10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world2
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer3
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters4
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute5
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence6
- Budding Japanese student artists impress us with chalkboard works of art7
- Controversial pick-up artist breaks silence as campaign against him continues8
- Can you spot the problem that led to the recall of this otherwise cute Japanese New Year’s card?9
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises5
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit6
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make7
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message8
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】9
- Just a bunch of adorable cats riding on trains in Japan10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked10
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan
- Ladybeard x Sailor Suit Old Man star in “dream collaboration” at school!
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer
- Tokyo train delayed due to the strangest of reasons
- Cat got your tongue? 10 unusual Japanese phrases that use the word ‘cat’
- “Common habits of Japan’s low earners”: What this survey tells us, and what it doesn’t
- Want to make music, but can’t play an instrument? Casio app turns your hums into full tracks!
- The top 10 spots in Tokyo to make an anime pilgrimage
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world
- The 9 types of basketball players in Slam Dunk – which type are you?
- The weirder the better? These Japanese zakka are hot sellers in Korea
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters