Travel website Expedia recently conducted a poll to find out what women were most surprised by when they came to Japan. The top ten results revealed that ladies were fascinated with aspects of everyday culture, but none more so than when it came to bathroom habits. With three of the top ten responses relating directly to bathroom life, it seems there’s a lot going on in the ladies’ rooms of Japan.
As you probably know gun ownership in Japan is quite rare, but it certainly does exist. The main reason for people to own firearms (almost always rifles or shotguns) is hunting–which is still mostly dominated by old men. However, one demographic is growing even as the overall number of hunters is shrinking: Young women!
In what’s being called an unprecedented cyber-attack, an unnamed individual suddenly began posting an assortment of images of cute Japanese girls on a message board. Productivity screeched to a halt as scores in the IT industry forgot what they were doing for a moment.
No terrorist groups have claimed responsibility for the photo dump but authorities are suspecting it to be the work of an individual who “appears to be really into women.” The following are the images posted in the attack. Be warned they may lead to third-degree procrastination.
Amidst all of the controversy flaring up in Japan over “kirakira names,” the question was raised concerning a rather peculiar name trait shared by many old Japanese women. A large number of aging grandmothers have names written in katakana, the phonetic alphabet that modern Japan usually reserves for foreign words. It’s a trend attributed to the Meiji and Taisho eras (roughly spanning the years 1868 to 1926), and sure enough, it’s no coincidence. Read More
These days it seems all you can find are mechanical car washes scattered across our urban landscape. Sure they might be cheap and fast, but would you trust your beloved vehicle and decal of Calvin and Hobbs peeing on a Ford logo to the cold uncaring hands of a machine?
No, sir! What you need is the warm and gentle touch that only a woman can offer – a woman wearing a swimsuit since washing a car involves lots of water of course. Also, because school swimsuits offer the most durability they would have to wear those at Swimsuit Carwash in Akihabara.
You see, there’s an excuse reason for everything, including the 10,000 yen (US$100) price tag that comes with the experience.
Gum can be a great way to freshen your breath or relieve stress, but by the time you’re old enough to have huge amounts of stress and coffee-breath, chewing gum can look kind of immature.
But food and candy maker Lotte is looking to shatter that stereotype by producing a gum target directly at women over the age of 50. Oddly enough their strategy seemed to be making it taste like a woman in her fifties.
Just over a month ago, the official site for one sensational English tabloid released an article titled Asian Women Reveal Secrets to Keeping a Man Happy. In no time at all, the page racked up 3,900 Facebook likes and more than 600 comments for its glorified insights.
When a reporter from our Japanese sister site Pouch, Yamakawa Hotaru, caught wind of the article and gave it a read, she expected to find words that she could relate to, being an Asian woman herself. However, even she was put in her place by the rules described. Before exploring to her full reaction, let’s take a look at what the original article had to say about building satisfying relationships.
Every year the Miss Hong Kong beauty pageant is held and 2013 is no exception. It’s a high stakes affair with the winner moving on to the Miss World pageant, so naturally beautiful women from all over Hong Kong are looking to enter.
Around 2,000 women applied to enter Miss Hong Kong 2013. From these, 129 were selected after reviewing the applications and moved on to the first stage of interviews. Following these interviews photos of the contestants were published and released on the internet. Ever since, net users in Hong Kong have been enchanted by the looks and spirits of these women.
Kei Akatsu is a man with a dream – a dream to travel the world, meet women, and take their pictures. Having spent half a year in Vancouver introducing himself girls and holding impromptu photo shoots, he honed the necessary skills to fulfill his ambition.
The Tokyo University of Science student then spent the rest of the time setting up his website, Beauties World Map. The website came together very well but he needed more content and for that he needed more capital. So he turned to crowd funding.
You see it at almost any busy shopping mall, nightclub or bar: long lines of women waiting to use the toilet, playing with their phones or staring directly ahead in a vain attempt to hide the fact that they’re worried what might happen if they have to wait much longer, all the while watching us guys stroll by and enter the men’s room with minimal fuss.
“You men are so lucky! You can pee standing up!” my female friends often cry.
Well, yes, we can. And now, thanks to the world’s newest beginning superpower, so can you!
Starting from 1 November, a completely new kind of Disney Store opened in the Takayashima Station Mall in Kashiwa city, Chiba. Until now all Disney Stores around the world followed the strict design specifications of the originals in America.
However, for the first time ever a Disney Store with a totally different look has opened in an effort to target adult female Disney fans. Rather than stickers, school supplies and stuffed animals, shoppers will be able to buy leather bags, cosmetics and smartphone accessories.
Ladies do you think you could possibly get along with a guy just as well as you do with your female friends? Not in exactly the same way, but on the same level without it changing into something romantic. And fellas, do you really think the “friend zone” exists with a woman or is that just her way of getting you off her back.
Japanese bridal information site Bridal Souken conducted a study last March asking 3096 single men and women between the ages of 20 and 50, “Is a friendship between a man and a woman real?” According to the results many more men and women think it is than isn’t, but the deeper we go we can see that gender is but a single piece of a bigger puzzle.
Looking to get lucky with the ladies but can’t seem to get anything going? Has every date you’ve been on died in the water? Then this guide may be for you.
The following are the 10 most fundamental rules when dealing with women on any level of intimacy compiled on the Japanese blog Nanapi. For many men, many of the rules will seem like no-brainers. However, there is a reason this list was created – most women have experienced one or more of these things!
So while most of you guys think you’re not a dummy when it comes to women, you might be surprised. Chances are a vast majority of guys are dummies in one way or another. Or is it just Japanese guys?
Recently our correspondent Kuzo was interviewing pizzerias in Sicily. As a result he found himself eating pizza all day every day. Being a gastronomic pro, our reporter was unfazed, but suddenly wondered how the sushi in Italy was. Figuring Sicily’s excellent seafood may yield some equally good sushi, he tracked down a restaurant in Palmero.
However, what he found was so shocking, he couldn’t even remember how the sushi tasted. Kuzo had stumbled on the fabled practice of nyotaimori – eating sushi off naked women.
So by now all us alpha-males have purchased our bathing beauty iPhone cases, but are left wondering: How do I hypnotize the ladies with my machismo during meals? It would be rude to pull out one’s mobile phone while eating after all.
Well, picture this: Just before having dinner with that lucky lady you slowly and gently peel down the stockings along those smooth and silky legs – of your sexy lady chop sticks!
Trust me boys, the deal will be sealed after that.
The inability to understand women is a struggle shared universally by men across the world. Luckily, our friends at Omokoro have put together a detailed report titled “A Simple Approach to Understanding Women” that should offer some insightful help to the clueless male masses.
Our full translation of the report follows below.
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director1
- 10 Japanese foods you can make at home!2
- 16 films based on popular manga series hitting Japanese cinemas in 20143
- Adorable chinchilla causes Japanese netizens to have cute attack 【Photos】4
- 12 urban legends about Tokyo Disneyland5
- The 6 best frozen foods at a Japanese grocery store6
- Freshman facepalms: Japanese college students struggle to answer basic astronomy questions7
- Humidify in style with artsy, all-natural humidifier8
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China9
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car10
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer4
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour5
- Woman with alone time on an elevator does something incredibly unexpected6
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts7
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】2
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs3
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】4
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!5
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right6
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong7
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China8
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】9
- The amazing disaster relief equipment of Japan’s Self Defense Force10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- Snake being pickled to create healing liquor awakens after 3 months and bites woman10
- The 6 best frozen foods at a Japanese grocery store
- Freshman facepalms: Japanese college students struggle to answer basic astronomy questions
- Humidify in style with artsy, all-natural humidifier
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car
- 【Monday Kickstart】”Wow, what a huge double bed!”
- Sexy sapphire Santas smoothly shave Sato’s stubble
- Let’s learn a little Japanese with this dead squid in a parking lot
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour
- Learn about Japanese history with cute smartphone samurai warrior cats!