While many people love the Pokémon video game series for its addicting gameplay, there is no denying the popularity of the hundreds of cute characters featured in the famous Nintendo franchise. Earlier this month in Japan, the new Nintendo DS game Pokémon Art Academy was released and is already inspiring Japanese amateur artists to create their own Pokémon masterpieces. But some on Twitter recently have discovered how the video game may be just a little bit too easy on these virtual artists and began sharing some of their very “special” artwork.
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Jun 25, 2014
You no longer have to bake a file in a cake to get something to your buddy in prison; it seems Amazon Japan will do the delivering for you. Sharp-eyed netizens noticed a peculiar addition to the Help Page on the popular home shopping site titled “About shipping to prisons” and it has us all wondering what events transpired to warrant the new information.
Is there anything creepier than finding an inexplicable, crazy-looking doll on the street? No, probably not.
Porcelain dolls especially have that sort of old-timey, “back when science couldn’t explain things” vibe that makes them even creepier than, say, a Cabbage Patch Kid you found in your now-adult sister’s closet. So it’s not surprising that when somebody found this one sitting at the base of a tree in Singapore, the Internet took notice.
- Scott R Dixon
Jun 23, 2014
While bikes are an easy, economical and environmentally friendly way to get from A to B, a 19-year-old Chinese man recently learned that there’s no such thing as a safe way to get around town.
Click below to read the story of how this unfortunate young man, after losing control of his bike and smashing into a tree, spent seven hours with his testicles separated from his body. You might want to cross your legs for this one, guys.
Is there anything better than breakfast for dinner? Well, okay, that’s a silly question. Obviously nothing is better than night-time breakfast–pretty much everyone would agree that sitting down to a plate full of pancakes drenched in syrup at 7 pm is simply awesome. And the best thing about breakfast-as-dinner is that it’s easy to make! Pancakes, eggs, bacon–all easy to throw together without much culinary skill needed.
But sometimes even flipping a pancake is just too much work. Thankfully, Roky – a machine that produces pancakes in the shape of popsicles - ensure that you needn’t lift a finger when ignoring basic dietary advice.
Summer’s here, and that means it’s time to gather your friends and head to a haunted house to scare the heat out of yourself. But maybe you’re a really tough guy or girl, and nothing like a few kids dressed up as zombies is going to give you a fright. You need a real ghost to help cool you down.
Too bad ghosts aren’t real, right? Well, after reading this story, you might not be so sure…
An 8-ton statue of Marilyn Monroe has been unceremoniously deposited in a dump in southern China, putting the American beauty in a hilariously bizarre position.
There’s a lot going on in Thailand at the moment, and you can be sure that those in the tourism industry watching visitor numbers plummet now that the country has fallen under military control are none too pleased, so it’s not surprising to hear of stories of anger and frustration. What we didn’t expect to see, though, were ducks taking to the street en masse as if in protest.
Check out this video of thousands of ducks waddling along together in an adorable yet really eerie demonstration of nature.
Jun 19, 2014
Le sigh… Sorry guys, it’s time for yet another South Korean tale of cosmetic surgery woes. I know I write way too much about South Korea’s penchant for cosmetic surgery and how things can turn towards the uncanny valley a little too quickly. I know you guys wish I’d just get off the topic because it’s depressing.
Wait… What? WAIT WHAT?! There’s a person who got serious cosmetic surgery and it actually worked out really well?!
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Jun 18, 2014
Only in this day and age can a completely disturbing drawing of Thomas the Tank Engine created in Japan be discovered by a company nearly half a world away in the UK, and then be purchased from the Japanese artist and turned into a T-shirt. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the power of the internet at its best (or worst, depending on how you look at it).
And if this drawing looks familiar, it should. Read on to find out more.
Japan has more than its fair share of ridiculous mascots, ranging from the absurdly muscled pot sticker, Chaozu-kun, to the snarky Yoshida-kun representing the country’s least popular prefecture.
But of all the crazy characters, our most favorite mascot to ever represent Japan has got to be Funnashi, the jiggly yellow pear. Just one look at his rotund head and undulating belly, coupled with his somewhat creepy high-pitched voice, and you’ve got something so hilariously bizarre, even a professional newscaster for CNN couldn’t keep it together on live TV.
Jun 16, 2014
For a serious artist, there must be no greater tragedy than to see your life’s work rent asunder by a hateful public that doesn’t understand your message.
South Korean artist Eunsuk Yoo must be heartbroken, then, now that the Lotte Shopping Center in Busan has elected to remove his now-infamous Boner Spider-Man sculpture from high up on one of the center’s outer walls, because they just couldn’t grasp his high concept message.
Jun 15, 2014
Men slipping and landing with their penises stuck in something is a health hazard world governments have ignored for too long!
- Preston Phro
Jun 15, 2014
Father’s Day is always tough for the kids–there’s quite possibly no one harder to shop for than a father, despite what hardware store commercials would have you believe. After all, even if you do decide to get him a new set of tools, how can you be sure that these are the right tools to get him? You’re almost better off just setting your money on fire!
But what about the men out there who are spending the day wishing they had someone to buy them presents they never actually wanted? Thankfully, there’s a new item up for rent on Japan’s Yahoo! Auction site that might be just the thing…
Jun 14, 2014
Two people tragically died and three others were injured after they all entered a cesspool knee-deep in filth in order to retrieve a woman’s phone.
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Jun 12, 2014
The promoters of Just Dance 2015, Ubisoft’s sixth dancing game of the series, sure do know how to get people’s attention at E3. Songs such as “Happy” by Pharrell Williams and Run DMC’s remix of “Walk This Way” by Aerosmith already make you want to tap your toes. But they’ve also deployed cute dancers at the Just Dance booth to encourage the crowd to start, well, dancing. Even Wolverine couldn’t resist slicing the air with his claws to the game’s groovy beats.
And on Day Two of E3 2014, we were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the elusive unicorn…dancing with his hippo pal to “What Does the Fox Say.” Yeah, we don’t know why either, so you’d probably better just watch the video…
Jun 11, 2014
Two women and a man were having sex in a car when one of them accidentally knocked off the handbrake, causing the car to crash into a tree.
Jun 11, 2014
So, you’re at a party and having a great time. The girl/guy you’ve had a crush on since you walked in seems to be really into you, the drinks are flowing, and the host is cool. But then you realise you have to poop. Like, really bad.
You excuse yourself, get to the bathroom and do your business only to find that the party’s all-you-can-eat Indian curry and Taco Bell buffet was a little more than your body could handle. Now you’ve got 11 inches of stagnant water staring you down and the romantic interest you were hitting on is knocking on the door saying she’s next in line to pee.
Do you: A) reach for the nearby plunger, B) exit the bathroom complaining loudly about the mess that “someone” left, C) escape through the nearest window, or D) use one of these patented South Korean toilet seals to clean up the whole mess?
We may no longer have mustachioed merchants trying to sell us snake oil from atop wagons in front of the town saloon, but thanks to the internet there are plenty of miracle cures out there to be sucked in by, particularly when they play on our insecurities. And when that insecurity happens to relate the size of a man’s love muscle, you can bet that even more men than usual are willing to give possible wonder treatments a try.
We’re not usually bad people, but if we had an especially gullible friend who told us that they were looking for a way to increase their membership in the underwear department, this would probably be the joke we’d play on him…
Chinese citizens are often caught urinating and defecating in public places around Hong Kong and mainland China, but that didn’t stop this disapproving male passenger from taking matters into his own hands.
- Live-action Attack on Titan confirmed for 2 films1
- Chiro the corgi talks, shakes hands, wiggles her bootie, and wins our hearts2
- Titans attack Lawson convenience stores, bring tons of anime goodies with them3
- New video from Wagakki Band “Hanabi” is an original, awesome song【J-Tunes】4
- Pikachus overrunning Yokohama in the cutest rodent invasion ever 【Video】5
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture6
- Blogger’s silly video of types of dancers at Singapore clubs is trending in Japan7
- What turned Tokyo Disneyland into the Loneliest Place on Earth last weekend?8
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker9
- From Sailor Moon to Freddy Krueger – The lovely cosplayers of Wonder Festival10
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight1
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture2
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today3
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race4
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’5
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker6
- Vietnamese man, angry at wife, hatches bizarre revenge scheme: Cut off his own penis7
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break8
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar9
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight7
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land8
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic9
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】9
- This amazing water cake just may be the most delicate sweet ever created!10
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture
- Blogger’s silly video of types of dancers at Singapore clubs is trending in Japan
- What turned Tokyo Disneyland into the Loneliest Place on Earth last weekend?
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- From Sailor Moon to Freddy Krueger – The lovely cosplayers of Wonder Festival
- Man in China steps into “royal rumble” to save the day, maybe goes a bit too far【Video】
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!
- Ryokan etiquette: What not to do when staying at a traditional Japanese inn
- Are you a solo dining expert? Rank yourself with this Korean “lone diner guide”!
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- How to make your own Pikachu Burgers!【RocketKitchen】
- Hairy armpit selfies have invaded China’s biggest social networking platform【Photos】
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today