Shanghai prankster group Monkey Kingz is in some hot water after one of their latest stunts created mass chaos inside of a subway train and led several people to call the police. It was supposed to be a Halloween prank featuring a rogue zombie, but the additional touch of having the actor cough up a blood-like substance and stumble around in pain seemed to be crossing the line for some people, especially in light of a recent international medical scare. Take a look at the video for yourself and decide whether the prank was a smashing success or downright inappropriate.
Mar 18, 2014
Director Mike L. Taylor describes his latest project ZOMBOOBIES as “a crazy boobs-to-the-wall horror-comedy movie”, inspired by “a love of insane Japanese horror films and a passion for traditional creature effects, modern digital effects, and of course BOOBIES”.
The movie makers are asking for funds on crowdfunding site Kickstarter, and at the time of this writing $4,275 has been pledged, leaving the project pretty far off its $99,000 goal with only two weeks to go. Let’s take a look at the wacky trailer in full, and see if we can size up the movie’s chances of actually being made.
Dec 16, 2013
So, let’s say you wake up one morning, unlock your smartphone, and find yourself bombarded with all caps texts from friends about some “zombie apocalypse.” And probably a few Instagram selfies, too, just to mark the occasion.
You look out the window and, sure enough, there go a few zombies shuffling down the street, moaning about brains.
What would you do??
In conjunction with the release of Resident Evil Revelations in the UK, Campcom is pulling out all the stops (and arteries, ha-ha) for their newest PR campaign. Last year, they had a butcher shop serving up fresh “people meat.” (We’re starting to wonder if there wasn’t some miscommunication about exactly what kind of game this is.) So, how about this year?
Well, on May 25 and 26, Capcom’s jumping in the deep end with a pool literally filled with blood. And, if you find you’ve forgotten how to swim, zombie lifeguards are standing by to…rescue you? (Wait, aren’t zombies kind of aquaphobic?) Read More
This innovative stand in the shape of a gory zombie hand is guaranteed to make you zombie lovers leer while sending chills down the spines of anyone else who comes in contact with it. Strapya, an e-commerce smartphone accessory company, created this nifty accessory, which easily sticks to your phone with a suction cup.
Despite their irrepressible desire to rip off and devour our flesh, people love zombies. Zombie movies, zombie books, zombie games, zombie theme park events… people are just as obsessed with “consuming” zombies as they are with consuming us.
And now, with Halloween just around the corner, there are more ways than ever to get your zombie fix. In Japan, for example, you can even sit down and have cute zombie maids serve you coffee at the zombie maid café, Maid of the Dead.
New Playstation 3 Commercial Packs a Nasty Little Surprise, Small Children Now Wary of Plastic Boxes
Oct 3, 2012
Just before this year’s Tokyo Game Show, Sony lifted the lid on its newly-modelled Playstation 3 console.
While many of us were hoping for even a tiny snippet of news on the next generation of consoles, Sony is still busy squeezing the few last drops of juice out of its multi-million-selling game machine, and, in an effort to cut production costs and shift a few more units before going next-gen, has somehow managed to shave a few more inches off the console’s size, giving it a facelift in the process.
Eager to show off their newest toy, a brand new ad campaign for the console hit Japanese TV late last week, drawing consumers’ attention to the machine’s snazzy new lines and bragging about its smaller size.
And then something a little bit unexpected happens. Read More
We’ve covered the phenomenon of charabens in the past ranging from the extremely cute to the downright bizarre. However, as with any art form, the horror genre cannot be left out. Inspired by some photos of horror bentos found online a reporter from the website Pouch, Hotaru Yamakawa, has decided to make her own series of 3 horror bentos and help you make your own.
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】1
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!2
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs3
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”4
- Shimotsuki Matsuri: The extraordinary winter festival that inspired Ghibli’s ‘Spirited Away’5
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile6
- The newer, cheaper Kakureya II: The perfect secret fort/box for studying, drinking, or napping7
- Tokyo adding free Wi-Fi to 143 subway stations for foreign travelers8
- Scope out which love hotel to take your next date to right now in Google Street View9
- Chinese man leaps to his death during five-hour shopping trip with girlfriend10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】2
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer3
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute4
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters5
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!6
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick7
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world8
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so9
- Can you spot the problem that led to the recall of this otherwise cute Japanese New Year’s card?10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises5
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit6
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make7
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message8
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】9
- Just a bunch of adorable cats riding on trains in Japan10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea10
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile
- The newer, cheaper Kakureya II: The perfect secret fort/box for studying, drinking, or napping
- Tokyo adding free Wi-Fi to 143 subway stations for foreign travelers
- Scope out which love hotel to take your next date to right now in Google Street View
- Chinese man leaps to his death during five-hour shopping trip with girlfriend
- Laser-cut, 360-degree “book” lets you bring Mt. Fuji into your home
- Artist creates “PokeMonstrosities” that are the stuff of nightmares
- Anime-loving mum takes kyara-ben to a new level with these well-drawn anime bentos
- NHK offices are too boring for broadcast after earthquake, “borrows” from tweets
- Over half of Japanese adults do this in the shower – How about you?
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick
- Deal of the day – Give this hamster’s Vine video six seconds, and he’ll give you a huge smile