Shanghai prankster group Monkey Kingz is in some hot water after one of their latest stunts created mass chaos inside of a subway train and led several people to call the police. It was supposed to be a Halloween prank featuring a rogue zombie, but the additional touch of having the actor cough up a blood-like substance and stumble around in pain seemed to be crossing the line for some people, especially in light of a recent international medical scare. Take a look at the video for yourself and decide whether the prank was a smashing success or downright inappropriate.
Mar 18, 2014
Director Mike L. Taylor describes his latest project ZOMBOOBIES as “a crazy boobs-to-the-wall horror-comedy movie”, inspired by “a love of insane Japanese horror films and a passion for traditional creature effects, modern digital effects, and of course BOOBIES”.
The movie makers are asking for funds on crowdfunding site Kickstarter, and at the time of this writing $4,275 has been pledged, leaving the project pretty far off its $99,000 goal with only two weeks to go. Let’s take a look at the wacky trailer in full, and see if we can size up the movie’s chances of actually being made.
Dec 16, 2013
So, let’s say you wake up one morning, unlock your smartphone, and find yourself bombarded with all caps texts from friends about some “zombie apocalypse.” And probably a few Instagram selfies, too, just to mark the occasion.
You look out the window and, sure enough, there go a few zombies shuffling down the street, moaning about brains.
What would you do??
In conjunction with the release of Resident Evil Revelations in the UK, Campcom is pulling out all the stops (and arteries, ha-ha) for their newest PR campaign. Last year, they had a butcher shop serving up fresh “people meat.” (We’re starting to wonder if there wasn’t some miscommunication about exactly what kind of game this is.) So, how about this year?
Well, on May 25 and 26, Capcom’s jumping in the deep end with a pool literally filled with blood. And, if you find you’ve forgotten how to swim, zombie lifeguards are standing by to…rescue you? (Wait, aren’t zombies kind of aquaphobic?) Read More
This innovative stand in the shape of a gory zombie hand is guaranteed to make you zombie lovers leer while sending chills down the spines of anyone else who comes in contact with it. Strapya, an e-commerce smartphone accessory company, created this nifty accessory, which easily sticks to your phone with a suction cup.
Despite their irrepressible desire to rip off and devour our flesh, people love zombies. Zombie movies, zombie books, zombie games, zombie theme park events… people are just as obsessed with “consuming” zombies as they are with consuming us.
And now, with Halloween just around the corner, there are more ways than ever to get your zombie fix. In Japan, for example, you can even sit down and have cute zombie maids serve you coffee at the zombie maid café, Maid of the Dead.
New Playstation 3 Commercial Packs a Nasty Little Surprise, Small Children Now Wary of Plastic Boxes
Oct 3, 2012
Just before this year’s Tokyo Game Show, Sony lifted the lid on its newly-modelled Playstation 3 console.
While many of us were hoping for even a tiny snippet of news on the next generation of consoles, Sony is still busy squeezing the few last drops of juice out of its multi-million-selling game machine, and, in an effort to cut production costs and shift a few more units before going next-gen, has somehow managed to shave a few more inches off the console’s size, giving it a facelift in the process.
Eager to show off their newest toy, a brand new ad campaign for the console hit Japanese TV late last week, drawing consumers’ attention to the machine’s snazzy new lines and bragging about its smaller size.
And then something a little bit unexpected happens. Read More
We’ve covered the phenomenon of charabens in the past ranging from the extremely cute to the downright bizarre. However, as with any art form, the horror genre cannot be left out. Inspired by some photos of horror bentos found online a reporter from the website Pouch, Hotaru Yamakawa, has decided to make her own series of 3 horror bentos and help you make your own.
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu1
- 11 never-ending hypnotic GIFs that just made a portion of our weekend disappear mysteriously2
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website3
- Latest evolution of Pokémon cafe to open in Shibuya this January4
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】5
- The top 10 Instagram photo locations for Japan in 2014 【Photos】6
- Don’t believe in the magic of the 100 yen store? This product will seal the deal!7
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】8
- Sick of BABYMETAL? How about some sumo metal!9
- One more time! Anime fans choose the series they’d most like to see rerun on TV10
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】1
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood2
- Life imitates (Sword) Art (Online) as Japanese gamers find they can’t log out of online RPG3
- Character images of new Digimon Adventure series released, expected to air in spring 20154
- Artist magically transforms Sailor Moon characters into black women5
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu6
- Japan’s cutest rodent commuters take the high-road【Video】7
- Our hero Ladybeard shows us and the world how to properly wear the much-talked about boob shirt8
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】9
- How humanity ends: Virtual reality headset hooked up to Tenga love cup for men 【Video】10
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood1
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin2
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Japanese man proposes to girlfriend with Guinness World Record-winning GPS drawing5
- Historic Kyoto temple first in Japan to offer gay weddings6
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!7
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】8
- Hayao Miyazaki comments on Chihiro’s final test scene in Spirited Away9
- Fashion gone wrong? Boob shirts take Twitter by storm10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】3
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China4
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood5
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- The top 10 Instagram photo locations for Japan in 2014 【Photos】
- Don’t believe in the magic of the 100 yen store? This product will seal the deal!
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】
- Sick of BABYMETAL? How about some sumo metal!
- One more time! Anime fans choose the series they’d most like to see rerun on TV
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong
- Love dolls, strippers, jacuzzis and drugs: The Philippines’ largest prison gets raided by police
- The scariest snow sculpture you’ll see this winter
- Japanese makeup artist does classic Hollywood glamour, recreates Audrey Hepburn’s coveted look
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】
- Tips from Japan to make your skin extra beautiful! It begins with a bath and…
- Terrorize your figure collection with a fully articulated titan model
- Rock band KISS collaborating with Sailor Moon Crystal’s Momoiro Clover Z
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】