Last week on September 14, Jakarta’s police managed to catch up with an AWOL fender-bender felon. This particular culprit was a bit too high profile to fly under the radar for long, especially considering the panoramic mapping equipment attached to his car!
The Thailand office of American doughnut chain, Dunkin’ Donuts, has been unrolling a unique line of doughnuts since August of this year. All of these 27 doughnuts have one thing in common: They’re black as midnight.
But that’s just the tip of this ebony iceberg. We’ve seen black food hit the scene before but these doughnuts took a year in the making as Dunkin’ Donuts carefully selected what they thought were the best combination of ingredients. What they came up with is interesting to say the least. Some flavors will make you drool, some will make you cringe, but they’ll all make you interested.
A new method of cheating prevention at a university in Thailand has been met with criticism according to a recent report from Newsclip. The tool employs a white paper headband with two large pieces of paper attached to the sides, preventing students from peeking at their neighbor’s answers.
Kyara-ben, boxed bento lunches featuring cute comic characters, have been around in Japan for some time. Usually created by housewives with a lot of time and skill on their hands, getting to feast on one in person, though, is about as difficult as nailing jelly to a tree. So it’s no surprise that people in Japan were green with envy when they caught sight of these adorable meals. Created by a Malaysian mother of two of the luckiest daughters in the world, these plates of healthy cuteness have earned her a huge fanbase, with more than 250, 000 followers eagerly keeping track of the new creations as they appear on her Instagram account. From Lady Gaga to Batman, no feast is too difficult for this artistic mum!
Oddly, while there are plenty of disaster movies about earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, sharknadoes, sharktopi, even unexpected ice ages – honestly, how does an ice age sneak up on you? – there has never been a disaster movie in our memories that focused on deadly heat waves. Which is weird, because here in Asia, deadly heat waves occur every single year. And this year, it’s so bad, it’s literally causing society in China to come to a grinding halt.
“Origami. It’s the sushi of paper.”
Much like sushi, the art of folding paper has spread abroad and is now enjoyed by people all over the world. With so many different artists taking part in the same craft, the results can be breathtaking, just like these pieces by self-taught artist, Cuong Nguyen of Hanoi, Vietnam.
What’s the longest you’ve gone being alone? A day? Maybe a week? How about 40 years?
That’s how long one 82-year-old man and his 42-year-old son spent living alone in a jungle located in Quang Ngai province of Vietnam before finally emerging last week.
From stuffing to pushup bras, women the world over have numerous techniques for increasing their bust. So, regardless of how you might feel about contemporary beauty standards, it’s impossible to deny the massive demand that “size-increasing” bras have. And you can bet that every undergarment-producing company in the world wants to be the one with the, uh, biggest reputation.
In an attempt to prove just how much their bras can boost your bust, the Thai branch of Wacoal released a risqué commercial that’s earned them quite a bit of international attention. And once you see it, you’ll understand why!
Ever wondered how you could show the passage of time in a single picture?
Singaporean photographer Fong Qi Wei has come up with a fantastic way to do just that. The highly acclaimed still-shot artist, having already won several awards for his nature photography, spent some time in the city creating some fascinating images that will blow your mind!
When done by someone with skill, photography can reveal an immense amount about its subject with just a glance. While most of us struggle to keep our photos in focus, some people are capable of turning a simple camera into a doorway, leading you to view the world in a new way. Weilun Chong is, without a doubt, one of those photographers. Of course, if showing the world in a new light is your goal, it doesn’t hurt to snap your photos at the moment people are alighting from the train!
To achieve your dreams, you have to really want it. You need drive, determination and, if this video is anything to go by, a good pair of legs.
Taken in Hanoi by a member of English Premier League football club Arsenal, the following video sees one young Vietnamese fan chasing after the team’s tour bus for some five miles, waving and pounding the badge emblazoned on his chest with such vigour that the team eventually decides to welcome him on board for a once-in-a-lifetime private autograph and photo session.
Leaves; they’re all around us. Even deep in the city, you can find them on lone trees poking through the asphalt, or a potted plant outside a store. One Malaysian artist has found a way to incorporate the everyday, often-ignored leaf into his work in a creative way.
In Thailand there is a chain of conveyor belt sushi and shabu shabu restaurants called Shabushi, operated by the company Oishi Group. Shabu-shabu is a Japanese dish similar to fondue, where vegetables and wafer-thin slices of meat are cooked in a pot of boiling broth at the table. One week ago, on July 4 at the Central World trade facility in Bangkok, Oishi Group held the opening ceremonies for their second annual Shabu Lympics, a shabu-shabu eating contest taking place at select branches of Shabushi nation-wide.
Japan is of course not the only country that experiences crowded trains and subways during rush hour. Over the last 10 years Singapore’s population has increased by 30 percent, putting pressure on its public transportation system, especially during the morning rush. Though Japan is trying to alleviate overcrowding with wider trains, Singapore is taking a different approach to the problem; free fares until 7:45 a.m. for anyone getting off at one of 16 stations in the downtown core.
Kind of looks like sushi, tastes 100 percent like a doughnut. Mister Donut, the popular doughnut chain in Japan, has created a special sushi-themed menu for their stores in Thailand. Officially named SushiDo, these sweet treats have won over sushi and doughnut fans alike.
Fans of the classic action anime series, Dragon Ball and its many spectacular sequels should all be familiar with the Kame House (aka Turtle House), located on a tiny speck of land in the middle of the sea, where the legendary martial artist Master Roshi lives and trains. What fans may not realize is that an island identical to Master Roshi’s hideaway actually exists! Apparently, it’s called Noy Isyon Island and lies deep in the Philippines. Intrigued, we sent Mr. Shogo, our resident reporter in the area, on a search for the Turtle Hermit’s home. May all the fans of Dragon Ball rejoice, as he’s finally found the island and has picture proof to share.
A chance encounter on the roads of Thailand led Mike Swift to take a video of a biker so awesomely weird that he put it out on YouTube as soon as possible. At first you’ll notice the pet bird which obediently flies alongside the woman as she rides, which is wild enough, but you’ll soon find that this little half-minute clip is deceptively deep.
Many religious organizations have buildings and temples sacred to them, and often these architectural creations are truly awe-inspiring. From the Sistine Chapel in Rome to Todai Temple in Nara City, there are numerous examples of marvels of human devotion.
And the Kuha Karuhas pavilion certainly ranks among the most marvelous we’ve seen. Read More
When it comes to fast food, most people may think of McDonald’s. But actually, if you happen to talk to someone from the Philippines, they might mention Jollibee.
More popular than the golden arches, more sought after than the Colonel’s secret recipe, Jollibee is the go-to joint for a quick bite in the Philippines, particularly if you’re craving some lip-smackingly good fried chicken. We here at RocketNews24 have obtained Jollibee’s secret fried chicken recipe and it tastes 90 percent like the real thing. But considering it’s homemade and doesn’t require you to order from a greasy-faced teenager, we’d say that’s a pretty good.
- An Illustrated Guide to the Implications of not Washing Your Hands After Using the Restroom1
- A Simple Approach to Understanding Women: a Japanese Guide2
- Hey guys, unlucky with women? There’s always Latvia!3
- 12 culinary delights from Japan that you can find in New York City4
- Men’s butts are shaped like green peppers, according to this butt illustration guide5
- McDonald’s Japan now serving delicious balls of cheese and potato6
- From “Love Princess” to “Silent Hill”: Awesome Japanese prefecture names changed into English7
- Pantene Philippines calls out sexism in the workplace with clever ad8
- Cross-dressing man in women-only train car causes controversy in Japan9
- Your holiday (counterfeit) gift-buying guide!10
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour4
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts5
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer6
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car7
- Subway mini skirt peeping tom found innocent8
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director9
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】2
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs3
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】4
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!5
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China6
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong7
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】8
- The amazing disaster relief equipment of Japan’s Self Defense Force9
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】10
- McDonald’s Japan now serving delicious balls of cheese and potato
- From “Love Princess” to “Silent Hill”: Awesome Japanese prefecture names changed into English
- Pantene Philippines calls out sexism in the workplace with clever ad
- Cross-dressing man in women-only train car causes controversy in Japan
- Your holiday (counterfeit) gift-buying guide!
- [Quiz] How Well Do You Know Your Japanese Hand Gestures?
- Apologizing Like a Japanese Woman: A Practical Guide
- 92-year-old grandmother creates gorgeous traditional Japanese toys
- American chef perfectly captures the scrumptious soul of Japanese cuisine 【Video】
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer
- An amazing 1,300-year old way of fishing involving birds diving underwater is going extinct
- Godzilla remake trailer released! Aims to stay true to the original movie【Video】
- First full-length trailer for live-action Kiki’s Delivery Service shows off sets, cast, new theme song