Baskin Robbins Japan is known for their quirky ice cream creations centered around major foreign holidays, and this year they’ve rolled out a half dozen smiley face frozen treats for Christmas. Featuring familiar characters and adorable animals, these special sundaes in festive cups will get anyone into the holiday spirit. Let’s take a closer look at this cute Christmas lineup:
On every month that has 31 days, if you go into a Baskin Robbins in Japan (where the chain is more commonly known simply as “Thirty-One”), you can get a 31-percent discount on double and triple scoop orders of ice cream. Sadly, with only 30 days in September, your next chance to indulge your sweet tooth on the cheap won’t come until October 31.
As long as you’re willing to pay regular price, though, you won’t have to wait nearly so long to try out their cool Halloween treats, which go on sale this month.
May 8, 2014
So, is everyone excited about the FIFA World Cup in Brazil coming up next month? While Japan is practically on the opposite end of the world from Brazil, there’s sure to be plenty of devoted soccer fans here who will be watching the World Cup games intently. And just to make sure everyone in Japan gets even more excited about the event than they already are, Baskin Robbins Japan is coming out with a new, colorful sherbet flavor — the “Trio de Janeiro“!
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Dec 18, 2013
Thirty-one Ice Cream, as Baskin Robbins is called in Japan, just revealed four new “flavors of love” to be released in time for Valentines Day 2014. You might think that love tastes different depending on who you talk to, but the popular ice cream chain suggests it actually tastes like armaretto chocolate, berries, cheesecake and chocolate raspberries.
Dec 18, 2013
With New Year’s just around the corner supermarkets and department stores all over Japan are displaying kagami mochi. These are mounds of the popular Japanese food mochi which is made from rice and has a gummy consistency.
They can serve as household decorations up until 1 January when they may then be happily, and hopefully safely, devoured. However, mochi has a subtle sweetness that some might find rather bland. If that’s the case for you then Baskin Robbins is hoping you’ll enjoy their Kagami Mochi Ice Cream Cakes.
Every year, new products and special creations are announced in honor of Halloween and Jack-o-lanterns, ghosts, black cats, and a number of other spooky symbols can be seen on familiar products. Even in Japan, Halloween is celebrated (although sometimes misunderstood), giving rise to cute and scary limited edition items. Let’s take a look at the sweeter side of Halloween in Japan with menu items from Baskin Robbins, Krispy Kreme, Cold Stone, and Mister Donut.
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Jun 21, 2013
In celebration of the release of Monsters University, Baskin Robbins Japan has created an ice cream cake featuring the movie’s main character, Mike Wazowski. We know that this movie is all about scary monsters learning how to terrify children, but this Mike cake is almost too cute to eat.
John Stuart Translations
Jun 18, 2013
Causal clothing retail giant UNIQLO announced last week it would introduce a line of women’s and kids’ shorts themed on Baskin-Robbins ice-cream flavors from June 24.
This year’s Golden Week is shaping up to be awesome. Not only do people living in Japan get a handful of government sanctioned holidays sprinkled throughout the first week of May, we also get some sweet deals on food. Not only is McDonald’s giving away a free in-car “potato holder” to patrons who purchase a meal deal with a large order of fries, but Baskin Robbins Japan has just announced a 31 percent discount on a double scoop of ice cream during Golden Week!
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Feb 16, 2013
Japan has some of the best customer service in the world. We recently ran a story about a convenience store worker who packed our writer’s purchase so that the cold and hot drinks wouldn’t touch. This is just one of the many examples of the attention to detail that is given by workers in Japan. Sure, sometimes you land up having to wait five minutes at the department store while the clerk wraps every individual item (and the line of people behind you slowly creeps past the front doors), but this level of service is nothing short of amazing.
On my most recent visit to Baskin Robbins (it’s simply known as “31 Ice Cream” in Japan), I was shocked by the level of service I received after ordering a single cup of ice cream to-go. Most astonishing was the small block of dry ice that was placed on top of the ice cream to prevent it from melting on the way home.
- Japanese net users stunned by photos of Chinese ethnic minority men1
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads2
- Photos claim to show difference between Chinese and other travelers, somehow show less and more3
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】4
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?5
- Check the weather forecast with a cool gadget that recreates the conditions in your living room6
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】7
- Kim Jong-un allegedly orders entire extended family of executed uncle killed8
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors9
- Ken Akamatsu bemoans Britain’s child pornography sentencing10
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads1
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked2
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts3
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy4
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】5
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls6
- Worst date ever! Japan’s ladies reveal the top five date ideas to avoid7
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】8
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?9
- Robot rebellion begins with a cranky Roomba, Internet users too busy laughing to fight back10
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】1
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China2
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked3
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea4
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads5
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked6
- Watch liquid turn into food at Japanese sample food factory 【Videos】7
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”8
- “Beautiful foreigner walking a polar bear” spotted at Shibuya’s famous crossing9
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】4
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China5
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later6
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady10
- Check the weather forecast with a cool gadget that recreates the conditions in your living room
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】
- Kim Jong-un allegedly orders entire extended family of executed uncle killed
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors
- Ken Akamatsu bemoans Britain’s child pornography sentencing
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons
- The most famous cat in Japan shows us exactly how he fits his cubby body in a box
- Korea doubles down with KFC’s bunless burger, Twitter photos confirm it’s kind of gross
- The toy you’ve always wanted: Action-figure you
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool
- “But we’re speaking Japanese!”: Humorous video confronts lingering stereotypes in Japan
- Scandal in North Korea after Kim Jong-un makes mildly self-deprecating remark
- The plot thickens: Pizza Hut Japan’s feline employees disappear overnight, forcing store closure 【Video】