Usually being called a witch is an insult, but a Japanese beauty magazine reclaimed the word a few years ago and declared a new category of woman: “Beautiful Witches.” To celebrate the women over 35 that possess an almost “magical beauty untouched by age,” the fourth annual National Beautiful Witch Contest was held last week, with a 39-year-old housewife from Aichi Prefecture taking home the top prize in a Halloween-themed pageant.
Every year the Miss Hong Kong beauty pageant is held and 2013 is no exception. It’s a high stakes affair with the winner moving on to the Miss World pageant, so naturally beautiful women from all over Hong Kong are looking to enter.
Around 2,000 women applied to enter Miss Hong Kong 2013. From these, 129 were selected after reviewing the applications and moved on to the first stage of interviews. Following these interviews photos of the contestants were published and released on the internet. Ever since, net users in Hong Kong have been enchanted by the looks and spirits of these women.
The photos above are the contestants for the upcoming Kanto Miss JK Contest, a beauty pageant to be held on December 27 in Shibuya, Tokyo to decide on the cutest Japanese high school girl in Kanto, the region on the main island of Japan encompassing Tokyo and the prefectures around it.
Before we say anything too malicious, we’d like to acknowledge that perceptions of beauty—or “cuteness”, in this case—can vary greatly among different cultures. However, as many Japanese netizens have pointed out, a thick mask of makeup and hair dyed brown or blonde is hardly representative of a typical Japanese high school girl, let alone a cute one.
Here at RocketNews24, we get a lot of complaints from people about how, despite all the stories we run on beautiful half-naked Asian women, we never write anything about beautiful half-naked Asian men.
Don’t get us wrong. We appreciate the beauty of a toned human physique, whether it be male or female. When we see a nice pair of man glutes, we’ll let you know. It’s just that ladies, in general, seem to be in the internet spotlight more than gents.
Which is why we wasted no time in seeing what all the fuss was about when we heard that some of the contestants in this year’s Mister Asia Contest, an annual televised male beauty contest held in Hong Kong, have bodies you have to see to believe.
On June 30 the Miss International Regional Qualifying Pageant was held in Chongqing, China. However, as the winners (pictured above) were announced, backlash from scores of confused spectators and an allegation that the contest was fixed has prompted organizers to hold a second pageant.
- An Illustrated Guide to the Implications of not Washing Your Hands After Using the Restroom1
- Flash mob performing Totoro theme song will melt your heart, make you want to join in2
- How to date an idol: A guide to the highly improbable3
- Easy-to-make marshmallow toast is delicious, could open a gateway to Hell4
- 46 Things That Surprise Foreigners in Japan5
- 【Thursday Throwback】Free Admission: 12 of Tokyo’s Best Kept Secrets6
- The Top 25 Things In Japan Most Likely To Blow Foreigner’s Minds7
- Pet owner builds tiny ninja house for hamster, escape panels and hidden doors galore8
- Hey guys, unlucky with women? There’s always Latvia!9
- Who is David Ury? And who the heck is Ken Tanaka? – An interview with the “twin brothers”10
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea4
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour5
- An Illustrated Guide to the Implications of not Washing Your Hands After Using the Restroom6
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts7
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car8
- Woman with alone time on an elevator does something incredibly unexpected9
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】2
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs3
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!4
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】5
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China6
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】7
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】10
- 【Thursday Throwback】Free Admission: 12 of Tokyo’s Best Kept Secrets
- The Top 25 Things In Japan Most Likely To Blow Foreigner’s Minds
- Pet owner builds tiny ninja house for hamster, escape panels and hidden doors galore
- Hey guys, unlucky with women? There’s always Latvia!
- Who is David Ury? And who the heck is Ken Tanaka? – An interview with the “twin brothers”
- Survey shows Japanese workers least likely to take vacation time, most likely to hate their job
- Men’s butts are shaped like green peppers, according to this butt illustration guide
- Why is Japan Turning Blue at Night? More and More Streets Being Draped in Peacefully Bizarre Azure Lights
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right
- 11 tips to spot (or imitate) a member of Japan’s Self-Defense Forces
- New Studio Ghibli movie revealed for 2014: When Marnie Was There【Newsflash】
- Look sexy by moonlight with official Sailor Moon lingerie
- 12 culinary delights from Japan that you can find in New York City