Is this the best-looking guy in the Philippines? You might think he’s an actor from some detective drama, but he’s actually a real life cop, and now also a male beauty pageant participant. The muscular man in uniform (and often out of it) has captured hearts across the Philippines and is currently enjoying a burst of celebrity, although he swears show business isn’t for him.
Mar 17, 2014
Last April, a case of overdose on Photoshop caused a group of ‘Miss Korea’ contestants to look like cloned beauties produced by the same plastic surgeon. Though it is now clear that the ladies were not high technology clones created to take over the pageant, the incident made some of us feel that beauty pageants these days are geared towards finding a certain type of beauty standard, rather than celebrating the beauty in different women.
Is it really necessary to “enhance” the beauty of these already stunning women? Let’s take a look at the Miss Korea pageant ladies before the era of Photoshop and cosmetic surgery!
Usually being called a witch is an insult, but a Japanese beauty magazine reclaimed the word a few years ago and declared a new category of woman: “Beautiful Witches.” To celebrate the women over 35 that possess an almost “magical beauty untouched by age,” the fourth annual National Beautiful Witch Contest was held last week, with a 39-year-old housewife from Aichi Prefecture taking home the top prize in a Halloween-themed pageant.
Netizens fall in love with Miss Hong Kong 2013 contenders, praise them for looking like normal women
Jun 14, 2013
Every year the Miss Hong Kong beauty pageant is held and 2013 is no exception. It’s a high stakes affair with the winner moving on to the Miss World pageant, so naturally beautiful women from all over Hong Kong are looking to enter.
Around 2,000 women applied to enter Miss Hong Kong 2013. From these, 129 were selected after reviewing the applications and moved on to the first stage of interviews. Following these interviews photos of the contestants were published and released on the internet. Ever since, net users in Hong Kong have been enchanted by the looks and spirits of these women.
Ukraine is known for being home to some of the most beautiful women in the world, and also these two.
It seems the gene pool is so refined in Ukraine that even their soldiers and gorgeous, and the military must know it because every year they hold the “Miss Trooper” contest, a beauty pageant to determine the most stunning soldier female soldier in the Ukraine army.
Japanese High School Girl Beauty Pageant Open to Online Voting, May Not Accurately Represent Japanese High Schools
Dec 12, 2012
The photos above are the contestants for the upcoming Kanto Miss JK Contest, a beauty pageant to be held on December 27 in Shibuya, Tokyo to decide on the cutest Japanese high school girl in Kanto, the region on the main island of Japan encompassing Tokyo and the prefectures around it.
Before we say anything too malicious, we’d like to acknowledge that perceptions of beauty—or “cuteness”, in this case—can vary greatly among different cultures. However, as many Japanese netizens have pointed out, a thick mask of makeup and hair dyed brown or blonde is hardly representative of a typical Japanese high school girl, let alone a cute one.
Here at RocketNews24, we get a lot of complaints from people about how, despite all the stories we run on beautiful half-naked Asian women, we never write anything about beautiful half-naked Asian men.
Don’t get us wrong. We appreciate the beauty of a toned human physique, whether it be male or female. When we see a nice pair of man glutes, we’ll let you know. It’s just that ladies, in general, seem to be in the internet spotlight more than gents.
Which is why we wasted no time in seeing what all the fuss was about when we heard that some of the contestants in this year’s Mister Asia Contest, an annual televised male beauty contest held in Hong Kong, have bodies you have to see to believe.
At Japanese universities, female science and engineering majors are definitely in the minority. Even in Tokyo, it’s not uncommon for ladies to make up less than 10% of enrollment for science departments. But the elusive rikei joshi, or “science girl,” does exist and Japanese student organization CURIE is holding a pageant called “Miss Rekei Contest” to give them a chance to prove they’ve got beauty as well as brains.
Controversial Results of Beauty Pageant Lead to Do-Over, Previous Winners Deemed “Way Too Ugly” by Public
Jul 24, 2012
On June 30 the Miss International Regional Qualifying Pageant was held in Chongqing, China. However, as the winners (pictured above) were announced, backlash from scores of confused spectators and an allegation that the contest was fixed has prompted organizers to hold a second pageant.
- Shocking, snowy commercial is the saddest ad we’ve seen this fall1
- Korean cosplayer’s gender-bending costumes confuse us for a moment, then leave us mesmerized2
- New app helps you translate Japanese and Chinese offline using smartphone camera3
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】4
- Japanese net users stunned by photos of Chinese ethnic minority men5
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?6
- When a goddess speaks, you listen…unless she’s telling you to kill someone7
- Check the weather forecast with a cool gadget that recreates the conditions in your living room8
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors9
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads10
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads1
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked2
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】3
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts4
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy5
- Japanese net users stunned by photos of Chinese ethnic minority men6
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?7
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】8
- Worst date ever! Japan’s ladies reveal the top five date ideas to avoid9
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors10
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】1
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China2
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked3
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads4
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked5
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea6
- Watch liquid turn into food at Japanese sample food factory 【Videos】7
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”8
- “Beautiful foreigner walking a polar bear” spotted at Shibuya’s famous crossing9
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】4
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China5
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later6
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady10
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?
- When a goddess speaks, you listen…unless she’s telling you to kill someone
- Check the weather forecast with a cool gadget that recreates the conditions in your living room
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked
- Learn Japanese from YouTube: Amp up your listening skills with this four-step guide
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】
- Play Mario Kart on your living room floor (using robots!) with this awesome motion camera system
- New cafe in Harajuku serves up Pom Pom Purin-shaped cuisine, attracts fans and pop idols alike
- Photos claim to show difference between Chinese and other travelers, somehow show less and more
- 【TBT】The top 9 anime situations that seem likely to happen, but never do
- The most famous cat in Japan shows us exactly how he fits his chubby body in a box