One thing we can probably all agree on is that cockroaches are gross and disgusting. They stink, they fly at your face and they can make you sick. They must be exterminated, but not everybody enjoys breathing in the noxious fumes from aggressive sprays, nor do they enjoy handling toxic poisons. So what’s left? Drown the suckers? They can survive in water for around 30 minutes. Suffocate them? They can live without air for 45 minutes. Chops their heads off? They’ll just keep on scurrying. Luckily, a high school girl in Thailand has come up with an all-natural non-violent method of disposing of the icky invaders. All you’ll need is flour, cement powder, and… malted milk powder?
Jul 18, 2014
What would you do if you found a cockroach in your food while dining in a restaurant?
If you said “complain to the management” or “report the place to the department of sanitation”, you’d be wrong. Well, at least according to one waitress at a restaurant in Chengdu, China who told a customer that it was “normal” for creepy-crawlies to make it into restaurant food, and promptly swallowed the cockroach he had found to prove her point…
This pervert told women there was a cockroach on their clothes so he could grope them【TomoNews Video】
May 22, 2014
“There’s a cockroach on your shirt!” is the worst pick-up line we’ve heard in years…
Gokiburi Kujo Maisuta (Cockroach Control Meister) is a service that helps provide estimates for the removal of terrifying cockroaches in the home. Thousands rely on them to kill off the shiny black terrors in kitchens and bedrooms across the country.
However, the company has apparently felt a pang of guilt recently. They feel that the roaches have done no wrong and are simply trying to exist just like everyone else. And so, the company has created Itsuki Kurohane: the cockroach moe girl to help combat the centuries of vilification unfairly handed down to these creatures.
Over the next month Gokiburi Kujo Maisuta is holding a contest to give away five Itsuki Kurohane hug pillows, but there’s a catch – besides her being a half-roach-half-human thing.
Remember that scene from The Mummy where what seems like a million scarabs pour out of every little crack and crevice, creating a sea of writhing beetles? Yeah, that actually happened in real life. With cockroaches.
Jul 18, 2013
We’re sure many of you readers are as sick of hearing about the Japan heat as we are suffering it, so let’s talk about some different weather! In specific: Rainy days and umbrellas!
Posting on Japanese news and community site My Navi News, a university student has asked the online community for its take on his somewhat unique predicament he found himself in after using everyone’s most hated insect to prevent his umbrella from being stolen.
It’s summer and the cockroach index is at its peak in many parts of Japan. During this time of the year most people have to do battle with our greatest foe, known as the gokiburi in Japanese. We all have our weapons of choice like spray, shoe, or phonebook.
However, even after we’ve slain the beast there’s still the issue of removing the body. Generally with bugs you’d just pick it up with some tissue and chuck it in the toilet, but cockroaches are supposed to be able to survive a nuclear holocaust. How can we be sure it’s really dead from just a little spritz of poison?
Thankfully we now have Goki Crane, a new way to pick up and dispose of unsightly and possibly reanimating cockroach carcasses without getting your hands dirty or your nerves rattled.
Are you often visited by cockroaches? Do you hate having to do battle with these quick menaces for the sanctity of your home?
At the moment, circling around tumblr, is an intriguing yet simple method to rid your home of cockroaches – possibly forever – and it wouldn’t cost you a dime. It certainly seems plausible, but whether it truly works or not remains to be seen.
Cockroach Forecast Now Available Online, Check the Weather and How Likely You are to See a Roach Today!
Jul 27, 2012
As summer crawls along, people in many parts of the world are braced for encounters with cockroaches. Any time they come into our home we are left feeling vulnerable, frustrated, disgusted, and pretty much every negative emotion you can think of.
Courtesy of Japanese chemical company LION, those of us in Japan can now get a detailed report on the level of cockroach activity in our area via the website “Gokiten” (Cockroach Weather). On the surface this might not seem so useful, but looking deeper into it, this website has a lot to offer, especially to people who just met a roach.
The hottest toy of 2012, Roachbot, was released earlier this year amid great fanfare with its eerie resemblance everyone’s favorite kitchen guest, the cockroach. But as Japan enters the middle of cockroach season, we find ourselves casting aside our robotic roaches to play with the real ones.
Sensing this, Japan Trust Technologies have given it a severe amping up, including support for the iPhone and iPad.
Ah, the rainy season is upon us here in Japan. Actually, this applies to folks everywhere in humid climates, but there’s a certain creature that rejoices in this environment, known for its shininess and disconcerting nimbleness and reflexes. That’s right: the cockroach. Have you set up your home defenses for this summer?
Jun 5, 2012
A photo that has been circulating the internet recently has people scratching their heads. Suspected by some to be photoshopped, this image has captured what appears to be an arguably beautiful cockroach.
Naturally, not everyone is assuaged by the makeover. As one commenter succinctly pointed out “a cockroach is a cockroach.” True, but probably everyone would trade our hideously black city dwelling breed of roach for this more palatable line. Which begs the question: “What the heck, cockroaches?”
May 16, 2012
You know that warm feeling you get when you spot a cockroach in the corner of your kitchen. How about when you pick up the garbage only to find one of those magical little critters scurry away in that adorable way they do?
The problem is that these precious moments are rare and even more fleeting as roaches quickly run into some crack in the wall. Although you may feel comforted knowing that there are thousands more living inside that wall, it still doesn’t match the pure elation of meeting one of these black bundles of joy face to face.
- Anime’s 10 biggest male perverts, as chosen by Japanese fans1
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher2
- Chinese couple’s suicide attempt leads to serious injury, criminal charges, and $24,000 in damages3
- Why Japanese doesn’t need swear words4
- Five ways to trap your boyfriend into revealing that he’s cheating on you, and why they are dumb5
- Thai schoolgirl invents eco-friendly method of roach disposal using 3 simple ingredients6
- Did you know Ayumi Hamasaki released a new single? Apparently neither did anyone else…7
- Taiwanese YouTuber’s punny pick-up line gets him a girl’s number in just 36 seconds8
- North Korean official put to death after twisting song lyrics during karaoke session9
- Ghibli food brought to life for one week of amazing lunches at elementary school in Japan10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Why Japanese doesn’t need swear words2
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results3
- Chinese woman in no mood to have SUV towed shows she has towing capacity too 【Video】4
- Gorgeous Taiwanese woman recruiting “temporary boyfriends” to fund her China travels5
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads6
- Korean cosplayer’s gender-bending costumes confuse us for a moment, then leave us mesmerized7
- Attack of the Clones: Finalists in this year’s Miss Korea contest once again looking eerily alike8
- Is the Fountain of Youth in Thailand? 1965’s Miss Universe still looks pretty incredible9
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】2
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked3
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China4
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads5
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked6
- Watch liquid turn into food at Japanese sample food factory 【Videos】7
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”8
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】9
- “Beautiful foreigner walking a polar bear” spotted at Shibuya’s famous crossing10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked10
- Thai schoolgirl invents eco-friendly method of roach disposal using 3 simple ingredients
- Did you know Ayumi Hamasaki released a new single? Apparently neither did anyone else…
- Taiwanese YouTuber’s punny pick-up line gets him a girl’s number in just 36 seconds
- North Korean official put to death after twisting song lyrics during karaoke session
- Ghibli food brought to life for one week of amazing lunches at elementary school in Japan
- How humanity ends: Virtual reality headset hooked up to Tenga love cup for men 【Video】
- Our Japanese writer shares his tale of the night he was joined by an unwelcome guest
- 【TBT】What if Totoro were real? US artist brings Studio Ghibli characters to life in shocking detail
- Amazing schoolgirl drummer nails anime theme, and her music career is just getting started
- Just a load of crap? Villagers in China claim drink made with manure is effective against cancer
- Three Kyoto sushi shops are sending girls reeling in culinary delight
- Nine Anime Characters Women Want as Lovers, a Notorious Thief and an Infamous Murderer Top the List
- Cupcakes almost too beautiful to eat! Adding a Japanese touch to cake decorating