Are you a guy wanting to try out makeup for the first time? Well Japan, the land where anything goes, has just the thing for you. Allow us to introduce the ‘my first makeup set’ especially for otokonoko! Otokonoko is written with the kanji character for ‘man’ and ‘young woman’ or ‘daughter’, and is a word used to describe men who look and dress like women.
- Joan Coello
Feb 25, 2014
Perhaps you remember Ladybeard from our previous post a couple of weeks ago introducing the cross-dressing bearded pro-wrestler, performer, heavy metal singer and party rocker. Well, it would seem that Ladybeard recently met up with another iconic cross-dresser in Japan, the “Sailor Suit Old Man”.
A hairy burly man and a balding old man in schoolgirl uniforms may sound like an absolute turn off, but they looked so happy, we couldn’t help but think they actually look somewhat cute. Here’s the most epic schoolgirl combi in history!
- Joan Coello
Jan 11, 2014
We’ve seen way too many beautiful guys who look like girls. Hell, some of them even look prettier than real girls. We know some of you are starting to get bored with looking at “traps” all the time, so here, the tables are turned this time! This handsome face belongs to a girl! It’s still some time before April Fool’s Day so you can be assured that we’re not kidding you!
If your new year’s resolution is to stop believing in the cute girls you see online, here’s something to test you right off the bat! Once again, the internet has proven that “if she’s too cute, she must be a guy“. Not only does this cross-dressing beauty have a mesmerizing smile, she has such long slender legs that leave girls green with envy! I mean, he! Oh, whichever… On to the photos!
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Dec 12, 2013
The women-only cars on Japan’s train lines have been increasingly met with controversy over the last few years, with calls for it to be eliminated altogether. Those special pink cars have again come under scrutiny after the photo above depicting a cross-dressing man occupying the women-only car surfaced on Japanese website, Hamster Sokuhou.
But was the man doing anything wrong? Let’s take a look at comments from Japanese netizens.
Dear Internet, it’s getting increasingly difficult to believe in the things you show us day by day. These days, we can barely look at online images of cute girls without having to wonder, is she really a girl? We’ve been had by these “traps” one too many times. There’s even a saying trending amongst Korean netizens: “She’s so incredibly cute, she must be a guy“. Well, this effeminate young Chinese man just proved that saying right! More pictures after the jump!
They’re usually the epitome of seriousness and order, but it seems even military men can find Japan’s summer heat a little overwhelming…
- Master Blaster
Aug 2, 2013
Crossdressing in mainstream media of Japan is still somewhat in its infancy. While on a nightly basis you can easily catch a crossdresser or transsexual person on TV, they often are presented as 2D characters offering little insight to who they really are or why they lead such a life.
“Transgender” and “gay” are still synonymous to many people, but this is a situation that is steadily changing with greater awareness provided by works such as Yuri Danshi which was released on 31 July, and covers nine cross-dressing men in a wide range of styles and fashions from girl-next-door to gyaru.
Pictures of the cosplayer seen above have been making the rounds on Weibo, China’s version of Twitter, being hailed as “just too cute!” Many women post pictures on the internet of themselves cosplaying and these new photos seem to be more of the same. That’s not to say that this young lady doesn’t look good, but at first glance, it doesn’t seem to be a buzzworthy image…that is until you see the pictures of this beautiful girl without makeup and costume.
To most men, nothing is sexier than a cute girl in a miniskirt. However, for most girls, few things are more irritating than constantly having to pull down that miniskirt that keeps riding up after every stride, and constantly having to make sure your lady parts aren’t on show for the world to see.
Our male reporter, Hatopon, who is no stranger to crossdressing, tried on a miniskirt to see what it’s like. The following is a list of the things he realized after wearing a miniskirt for the first (but probably not last) time in his life.
This year seems to have seen a spike in older cross-dressing males, in Japan at least. According to some, the trend has steadily been on the rise in urban centers like Tokyo. Even in China, a grandfather set the modeling world on fire with the way he shows off his daughter’s merchandise.
As the year comes to a close one more elderly man has openly joined the ranks of bearded dress wearers: Santa Claus!
We’ve run quite a few stories about crossdressing in Japan over the past few months, which may have some of you wondering if dressing up in drag has become something of a fashion craze among Japanese men.
It turns out it has among one demographic, according to Nikkan Spa, who reports that over the past few years there have been an increasing number of reports of normal, middle-aged Japanese men walking around Tokyo in drag.
Men, no matter how old or how “masculine” they are, can learn a lot from crossdressing in public (trust us, we know).
But even if you do get the urge to unbuckle and skirt up, it can be difficult to find a time and place where going out in drag is socially acceptable. Throw in the added stress of having to coordinate an outfit and wig that sufficiently bring out your inner woman and the simple act of putting on women’s clothes and walking out the door can feel incredibly intimidating to first-timers.
Enter Onna no Ko Club, or Girls Club, a new club in Tokyo where curious men can go to experience the wonderful world of crossdressing.
At any anime, comic or game convention cosplayers tend to attract a lot of attention. As such, there are a number of rules, informal and formal, that both cosplayers and their viewers should follow to make sure no one gets offended.
Many of them are just common courtesy. If you’re an observer, don’t take a cosplayer’s photo without their permission. If you’re a cosplayer, don’t show excessive amount of skin.
However, there’s one cosplay regulation seen frequently at Japanese conventions that some would argue doesn’t make very much sense: no cross-dressing.
In Asia, female idol groups are a dime a dozen. These days it seems like anyone with a pretty face can throw on a skirt, get up on stage and call themselves the next Kara Generation 48.
That’s why we’re always happy when unique acts like Chinese idol unit Alice Weiniang Group are able to make it into the spotlight. You see, in addition to having style and looks, the members of Alice Weiniang Group have something no other Asian idol girl group does: a penis.
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival1
- We hope you’re not thirsty — Tokyo shuts down its vending machines for U.S. president’s visit2
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it3
- Japanese people surprised to find that “popular Japanese store” Meiso doesn’t exist in Japan4
- Tokyo custom hamburger steak restaurant is all about choices, and all of them are delicious5
- Stunning 22-year-old HD footage brings Tokyo of the ‘90s back to life6
- 17 mouthwatering photos from the legendary sushi restaurant where Obama just ate dinner7
- What do Japanese people think of when they hear the word “otaku?”8
- The Rice Cube — tasty-looking appetizers made fun and easy!!9
- Tokyo Tower lights up beautifully in Star-Spangled Banner style for President Obama10
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival1
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it2
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection3
- We hope you’re not thirsty — Tokyo shuts down its vending machines for U.S. president’s visit4
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly5
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated6
- Cat greets its returning owner with so much warmth we’d swear it was puppy love7
- The baffling reason three men spent 30 minutes in an Akihabara restroom together8
- Japanese high school student becomes Twitter sensation showing difference between time with boyfriend and friends9
- Advice from Japanese women on dealing with your boyfriend’s anime girlfriend10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival2
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos3
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork4
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for5
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly6
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour7
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】8
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong9
- Take your love of touching imitation breasts out on the go with Puni Puni Case For iPhone10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea4
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- Stunning 22-year-old HD footage brings Tokyo of the ‘90s back to life
- 17 mouthwatering photos from the legendary sushi restaurant where Obama just ate dinner
- What do Japanese people think of when they hear the word “otaku?”
- The Rice Cube — tasty-looking appetizers made fun and easy!!
- Tokyo Tower lights up beautifully in Star-Spangled Banner style for President Obama
- Who loves revolving sushi? Only families, couples, and solo diners (so, just about everyone)
- ‘Power harrassment’ in Japan’s police force blamed for officer’s suicide
- If real animals were Pokémon, the world would be a much weirder place
- Tear-jerker: Brain tumor patient’s “final wish” is to find her husband a new girlfriend
- “Miniature Calendar” reveals a magical world where tiny people live among our things【Photos】
- The baffling reason three men spent 30 minutes in an Akihabara restroom together
- The Whimsy Bomb! College Humor splices Studio Ghibli movies with other popular anime series
- Konsei Matsuri: The giant penis riding festival in Iwate