This might be old news, but just in case some of you missed the hoo-ha, this is Ippo, the baby zebroid who surprised the world with her beautiful mix of brown and stripes when she was born in July this year. A zebroid is the hybrid offspring of a zebra and any type of equine. Just look at the Italian beauty’s coat, she’s simply Mother Nature’s fashion statement!
These fuzzy rodent bottoms have been sending Japanese Twitter users squealing and spasming over the internet, and we can totally understand why. Cuteness overload! Of course, cats and dogs are still adorable as can be, but as the saying goes, good things come in small packages! These pudgy little fellas are a ton-load of cute compacted into a pocket-sized ball of fluff!
Note: This might be the biggest collection of butt photos RocketNews24 has ever seen!
This little otter from Hiroshima is only four months old, but has already enamored Twitter users across Japan with its photogenic human-like expression.
We almost wonder whether Yang Liu, a Beijing-born designer who has lived in Germany since 1990, was tripping when she put together these hip, riddle-like pictographs that abstractly convey behavioral differences between Westerners and Easterns; or more specifically, Germans and Chinese.
Relying on her experiences in Europe and China, Liu put together these clever designs that are a sort of Rorschach test for which region you identify with. We found ourselves staring and trying to figure out what they stood for, then nodding in agreement about one side or the other, but not always the side Liu expected us to identify with.
At the risk of becoming an online shrine to all things feline following our reporting of everything from cat sushi, Attack on Titan: cat edition and multiple posts about Japan’s own feline star, Maru, when we discovered this series of 12 photos showing the growth of a kitten as it goes from barely being able to see over the edge of the scales to struggling to fit in, we couldn’t help but share.
Strap yourselves in for some serious cute, boys and girls.
Hello Kitty has just turned 39 and it seems like everyone in Japan is gearing up for her to turn the big 4-0. In celebration of her achievement, Hello Kitty is being turned into a beloved Japanese snack, Inarizushi. This dish named after the Shinto god, Inari, has always had those little peaks of unfilled fried tofu pouch at each corner and adding the simple dots, lines, and familiar bow makes the snack look just like Hello Kitty. However, even if the sight of this irresistible sushi makes you want to run out and buy one immediately, it’s unfortunately only available in one area of Japan.
Happy beginning of the week, everyone! We know you’d rather be in bed watching YouTube videos of cats or reading some of our silly articles (maybe that’s what you’re doing at work right now), so here’s a little something to cheer you up: A video of baby ducks sliding down their own personal water slide.
Let’s face it, the world has a giant love for giant pandas. The cuddly endangered species are easily the most popular bears on earth, thanks to their unique monotone hide and laid-back nature. Sometimes we wonder if they know that they are almost like superstars, with a huge following of humans creating (and eating) foodstuffs inspired by them, and live streaming cameras allowing people across the globe to watch them like the paparazzi keeping a tab on some Hollywood star.
While we’ve seen videos of the adorable animals enjoying their day in enclosure, the folks in Sichuan province in southwest China have managed to capture rare footage of pandas in the wild for the first time after more than 10 years of observation. Watch this big fuzzy bear do a handstand while he thinks no one’s watching.
Japan, as you may have heard, has a lot of unique themed cafes. Of course, the cat cafes are the most well-known, having become a bit of a social and cultural phenomenon. Now, as we mentioned earlier this week, you can stop by cafes dedicated to everything from bunnies to maids to gyaru (basically young trendy women) and find an experience tailored to your desires.
However, there’s one new cafe that opened last year that really grabbed our attention: the Fukuro no Mise, or the Owl Store, located in Tsukishima, Tokyo. After hearing about all the cute owls to be seen, petted, and held, we simply had to give it a visit! Here’s your official RocketNews24 report and photo album!
Although pandas originally come from Japan’s neighbors to the east, the country has welcomed the cuddly creatures with open arms, putting them on anything from clothing to cars. But we’re most impressed by the panda’s ability to assimilate into Japanese food, taking over our meals and turning them into an adorable experience. Let’s take a look at 15 delicious pandas from Japan.
In what’s being called an unprecedented cyber-attack, an unnamed individual suddenly began posting an assortment of images of cute Japanese girls on a message board. Productivity screeched to a halt as scores in the IT industry forgot what they were doing for a moment.
No terrorist groups have claimed responsibility for the photo dump but authorities are suspecting it to be the work of an individual who “appears to be really into women.” The following are the images posted in the attack. Be warned they may lead to third-degree procrastination.
The best part of any meal is dessert. In fact, there are some days that we just skip the rest of the meal and go right for the cake! And there’s nothing better than a delicious pastry…except maybe delicious pastries in the forms of our favorite characters!
Are you ready for Totoro cakes, Alice In Wonderland cupcakes, and kitty lattes? If so, click below for the best photos of themed pastries as selected by Japanese Twitter users. They’re sure to set your mouth watering and your stomach rumbling!
Cats, dogs, they’re both all kinds of cute. But when you have one of each and they live and get along together, the results can be even more adorable. One Japanese netizen recently shared a video of their pet shiba inu standing before their newest arrival, a tiny kitten called Milky, performing her “onegai” begging pose. Quite what she was begging for we have no idea, but the scene is nothing short of hilarious.
Check out the full video after the jump!
Floresta isn’t as well known as the big chain stores in Japan like Mister Donut or Krispy Kreme, but their “nature doughnuts” deserve all the attention they can get. As a company, Floresta strives to provide customers with healthy, yet satisfying snacks, using organic local ingredients with no additives or preservatives. They are also careful to reduce waste that can have a negative impact on the environment. You would think a healthy doughnut might taste like cardboard, but Floresta manages to serve up delicious rings of environmentally friendly goodness. They also make animal doughnuts that will make you want to buy out the store.
Do you like cats? Okay, that’s a silly question. This is the Internet, and everybody likes cats on the Internet! There’s probably even an Internet law about it, though we have no idea what number it is (Number Meow, perhaps?). Well, how about learning Japanese? Oh, right, this is RocketNews24! Of course you like learning Japanese!
Well, how would you like to learn a little Japanese and see some great cat pictures at the same time??
That’s what we thought! Well, you’re in luck since we have compiled some Japanese search terms to use to find cute or hilarious cat pictures and over 40 samples of the brilliant photos, just a Japanese Google search away!
You may have resisted the appeal of our future feline overlords so far, but if their internet popularity is any indication, total world domination can’t be far off. If you don’t want to be first against the wall with the dogs and dog-lovers, you may want to invest in these super-cute cat tights. As the ad copy says, put them on and you’ll “transform into a devil-may-care cat!” You’ll be able to blend right in…
Japanese mothers have a certain reputation for being overly fond of their children. There’s nothing wrong with that, of course! Who could complain about getting too much love from their parents? Well, besides moody teenagers. However, this does lead them to do some…amusing things for their kids.
Here are some of the most amusing examples of Japanese mothers’ creative expressions of love we’ve seen so far!
Pandas by themselves are adorable, but when you find a different animal that resembles those black and white creatures, it’s cuteness overload! First, we found Pandagators, which may or may not be categorized as “cute” for some people, but we’d say they’re far less terrifying than the original and teetering towards the cuteness realm. But this next panda-like animal is undeniably delightful. Can you guess what it is?
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- We buy a pair of glasses from up and coming idol Kanna Hashimoto2
- Only in Japan? Controversial mystery vegetable you’ve probably never heard of3
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts4
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour5
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】6
- 10 obvious Photoshop fails from North Korea 【Photos】7
- Taiwan’s annual IT show lasts a whole month! Booth babes galore! 【Photos】8
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right9
- Go back to the 70s and 80s with a retro iRecorder for your iPhone10
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】1
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer4
- Gundam creator has harsh words for manga and anime hit “Attack on Titan”5
- Woman with alone time on an elevator does something incredibly unexpected6
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour7
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts8
- Parents create amazing Studio Ghibli mural for daughter’s nursery before she’s even born9
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】2
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right3
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs4
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】5
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!6
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong7
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!8
- The amazing disaster relief equipment of Japan’s Self Defense Force9
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- Snake being pickled to create healing liquor awakens after 3 months and bites woman10
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】
- 10 obvious Photoshop fails from North Korea 【Photos】
- Taiwan’s annual IT show lasts a whole month! Booth babes galore! 【Photos】
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right
- Go back to the 70s and 80s with a retro iRecorder for your iPhone
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong
- Can video games really help “level up” your beauty stats? 【Poll】
- The Top 25 Things In Japan Most Likely To Blow Foreigner’s Minds
- Restaurant in China offers pay-what-you-want pricing model, loses over $40,000
- Boxers, manga, umbrellas… ABSOLUTELY FREE!
- Watch this Adorable Video of a Shiba Inu Taking a Bath (Rubber Duckies Included)
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director
- Anime fans ecstatic over Taiwanese fan-made short “Attack on Railgun”