While it may seem like chocolate is the main product on offer in shops and restaurants in Japan this time of year, Valentine’s Day apparently isn’t just all about chocolate. If you don’t have a sweet-tooth, how would you like to try this lovely Valentine’s offering from Domino’s Japan? Yes, it’s Japan’s very own, heart-shaped Valentine’s pizza, and as far as we can tell, the treat looks sure to be tasty, even if it’s not chocolate!
Whether you love it or hate it, Japanese pizza exists. McDonald’s manages to provide homesick foreigners in Japan with a similar (and arguably better) product from back home, but somewhere along the line, chain pizza stores in Japan got it all wrong. We’re sure there are those who enjoy the typical Japanese-style pizza, but after reading through internet forums of hungry foreigners, those who joyfully eat a slice from Japan are in the minority.
Let’s take a look at 10 pizzas that can be purchased in Japan, some sprinkled with corn, others topped with seaweed and many of them drenched in mayonnaise, so much mayonnaise!
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Jun 20, 2013
Since there is a large mix of people from many different countries living in the United States (and because of the country’s relative youngness), it’s hard to identify a truly “American” food. Regardless, there are those dishes you simply must try when venturing over to the US for a trip. Our Japanese reporter recently tried what he considers to be a “must have” food from the USA: Domino’s pizza. To us Americans, Domino’s is hardly a delicious meal; it’s more of a cheap disk of sauce and cheese to keep hopeless college students alive. But to our reporter, who has already been exposed to Domino’s pizza in Japan, eating pizza made in the company’s homeland was a true treat. The following is our Japanese reporter’s glowing review of crappy Domino’s pizza in the United States.
Domino’s Japan enjoys coming up with promotions that sets them apart from other pizza joints. Whether offering luxury pizzas or giving discounts to bearded twins wearing Bon Jovi T-shirts and/or carrying a parakeet, the chain tends to grab people’s attention.
Limber up your index fingers because Domino’s Japan has started the “Shortest Sale in the World” from 1-3 February. While three days doesn’t seems so short, the actual sale occurs for only 0.1 seconds at a time.
Domino’s Pizza “Manager of Excellence” Pawns His Domino’s Themed Rolex Reward, Company Appears Shaken
- Master Blaster
Aug 18, 2012
There are many pizza places in the world but very few have achieved the worldwide notoriety of Domino’s Pizza. So it’s comforting to know that they reward their workers handsomely when outstanding work is done.
In Japan, a manager deemed “excellent” by the corporation gets rewarded a Rolex watch. Granted the Rolex is engraved with the Domino’s logo in places, but it’s still a Rolex, and it’s worth a pretty penny too according to the pawn shop one was sold to.
Our adventurous reporters previously tried a plate of Coco Ichiban Curry with everything on it, and this time we decided to follow that up with an order of Domino’s Pizza with all the toppings on it. But we didn’t order just a regular pizza with all the toppings; that would be too simple.
No, we ordered a Triple Mille-Feuille crust pizza with all the toppings! The Triple Mille-Feuille crust consists of three layers of thin ultra crispy crust with plenty of cheese sandwiched in between. So, we placed our order and waited to see what the pizza would be like. Read More
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Chinese university gets hot new Japanese teacher; internet goes crazy3
- Ao-nyan: Japan’s super-feminine model who’s, yes, actually a guy 【Photos】4
- Pirates, pink hair and temporary tattoos: The girls of Tokyo Game Show 2014【Photos】5
- Kid’s video of whirlwind Japan tour reveals otaku paradise, pervy action figures6
- Lifehack: Transform a Starbucks paper bag into a fully functional wallet!7
- Why does Japan have so many overhead power lines?8
- Makeup transformation experts move to character impersonations【Photos】9
- We ride the Honey Toast Train to a paradise of massive, decadent desserts10
- You’re in for a big surprise if you fall for this bikini wearing DJ’s sexy poster!【Photos】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Korean cosmetic surgery show treats two Thai women to free procedures3
- Lifehack: Transform a Starbucks paper bag into a fully functional wallet!4
- Wife gets revenge on pervy husband with equally NSFW bento5
- Chinese university gets hot new Japanese teacher; internet goes crazy6
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls Part 7: “We Guess We Made Another One” 【Photos】7
- The Boobie Squeezing Simulator: Oculus Rift at its creepiest8
- Japanese lingerie company designs special bra for Japan’s marshmallow girls9
- Young Chinese entrepreneur tries marketing menstrual pads to men, gets heavy cash flow10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later3
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons4
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady5
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】6
- Hello Kitty isn’t a cat!? We called Sanrio to find out!7
- Lifehack: Transform a Starbucks paper bag into a fully functional wallet!8
- Scholars confirm first discovery of Japanese sword from master bladesmith Masamune in 150 years9
- Taiwanese Tsunade cosplayer sparks debate about public decency at events10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】2
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star3
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker4
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls5
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later6
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons7
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady8
- The clever way Japanese drivers thank each other without saying a word【Video】9
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!10
- Kid’s video of whirlwind Japan tour reveals otaku paradise, pervy action figures
- Lifehack: Transform a Starbucks paper bag into a fully functional wallet!
- Why does Japan have so many overhead power lines?
- Makeup transformation experts move to character impersonations【Photos】
- We ride the Honey Toast Train to a paradise of massive, decadent desserts
- Dear Hikers: Stop pooping on Mt. Fuji if you want it to keep its UNESCO status
- Sony really, really wants you to buy an Xperia smartphone 【Tokyo Game Show】
- Taiwanese Tsunade cosplayer sparks debate about public decency at events
- The only McDonald’s in the world where the golden arches aren’t golden
- A look around this year’s Tokyo Game Show 【Video and photo dump】
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea
- Use your rice cooker to bake delicious cinnamon honey apples
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker