While it may seem like chocolate is the main product on offer in shops and restaurants in Japan this time of year, Valentine’s Day apparently isn’t just all about chocolate. If you don’t have a sweet-tooth, how would you like to try this lovely Valentine’s offering from Domino’s Japan? Yes, it’s Japan’s very own, heart-shaped Valentine’s pizza, and as far as we can tell, the treat looks sure to be tasty, even if it’s not chocolate!
Whether you love it or hate it, Japanese pizza exists. McDonald’s manages to provide homesick foreigners in Japan with a similar (and arguably better) product from back home, but somewhere along the line, chain pizza stores in Japan got it all wrong. We’re sure there are those who enjoy the typical Japanese-style pizza, but after reading through internet forums of hungry foreigners, those who joyfully eat a slice from Japan are in the minority.
Let’s take a look at 10 pizzas that can be purchased in Japan, some sprinkled with corn, others topped with seaweed and many of them drenched in mayonnaise, so much mayonnaise!
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Jun 20, 2013
Since there is a large mix of people from many different countries living in the United States (and because of the country’s relative youngness), it’s hard to identify a truly “American” food. Regardless, there are those dishes you simply must try when venturing over to the US for a trip. Our Japanese reporter recently tried what he considers to be a “must have” food from the USA: Domino’s pizza. To us Americans, Domino’s is hardly a delicious meal; it’s more of a cheap disk of sauce and cheese to keep hopeless college students alive. But to our reporter, who has already been exposed to Domino’s pizza in Japan, eating pizza made in the company’s homeland was a true treat. The following is our Japanese reporter’s glowing review of crappy Domino’s pizza in the United States.
Domino’s Japan enjoys coming up with promotions that sets them apart from other pizza joints. Whether offering luxury pizzas or giving discounts to bearded twins wearing Bon Jovi T-shirts and/or carrying a parakeet, the chain tends to grab people’s attention.
Limber up your index fingers because Domino’s Japan has started the “Shortest Sale in the World” from 1-3 February. While three days doesn’t seems so short, the actual sale occurs for only 0.1 seconds at a time.
Domino’s Pizza “Manager of Excellence” Pawns His Domino’s Themed Rolex Reward, Company Appears Shaken
- Master Blaster
Aug 18, 2012
There are many pizza places in the world but very few have achieved the worldwide notoriety of Domino’s Pizza. So it’s comforting to know that they reward their workers handsomely when outstanding work is done.
In Japan, a manager deemed “excellent” by the corporation gets rewarded a Rolex watch. Granted the Rolex is engraved with the Domino’s logo in places, but it’s still a Rolex, and it’s worth a pretty penny too according to the pawn shop one was sold to.
Our adventurous reporters previously tried a plate of Coco Ichiban Curry with everything on it, and this time we decided to follow that up with an order of Domino’s Pizza with all the toppings on it. But we didn’t order just a regular pizza with all the toppings; that would be too simple.
No, we ordered a Triple Mille-Feuille crust pizza with all the toppings! The Triple Mille-Feuille crust consists of three layers of thin ultra crispy crust with plenty of cheese sandwiched in between. So, we placed our order and waited to see what the pizza would be like. Read More
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong1
- The top five places to survive the zombie apocalypse in Japan2
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】3
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour4
- Amazing Lego artist spends six months bringing Hatsune Miku into the physical world5
- Watch the Singapore Tourism Board video that was so bad it was pulled from YouTube6
- Scrapped original Dragon Ball designs bordered on plagiarism7
- Cute girls are universal! Japanese netizens rave over a Chinese girl who is “too cute”【Photos】8
- Otaku pro wrestler Tomoyuki Oka makes no apologies for blurring the nerd/jock boundary9
- Live-action Attack on Titan film casts lead role, sets filming location and start date10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos2
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour3
- How photos of food look when taken by a professional photographer vs a guy with an iPhone4
- Ten-year-old illustrator getting national attention for his unique style of portraits5
- See what 13 stuffed toys look like after a wash at the home spa6
- We finally get to meet Goku’s mother — and we think she’s a real cutie!7
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly8
- Sad breakfasts the morning after a fight【Photos】9
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for10
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea1
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)2
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】3
- Revealed! Japan’s top 10 handsome samurai【Photos】4
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos5
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for8
- ‘Miss Korea’ ladies in the 1970s looked different, beautiful long before Photoshop existed9
- Admirers express their love for Crimean attorney general in the purest way they can: cute fan art10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】4
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- Watch the Singapore Tourism Board video that was so bad it was pulled from YouTube
- Scrapped original Dragon Ball designs bordered on plagiarism
- Cute girls are universal! Japanese netizens rave over a Chinese girl who is “too cute”【Photos】
- Otaku pro wrestler Tomoyuki Oka makes no apologies for blurring the nerd/jock boundary
- Live-action Attack on Titan film casts lead role, sets filming location and start date
- Real-life barbie bares real-life face in minimal makeup selfies【Photos】
- Touching commercial pulls off a hat-trick to hit us right in the feels once again
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right
- Taiwanese student creates incredible art with materials others would throw away【Photos】
- Women, money and time: Behind the scenes with Japan’s “King of Hosts”
- Japanese people most like to drink green tea with their chips, incredibly dull survey finds
- Free double pickles and onions at McDonald’s Japan will help your budget, ruin your breath
- Eight Japanese words we’d love to import into English
- I thought everyone was exaggerating about how great the airport in Seoul was until I actually went there