Japanese beauty product manufacturer, Creer Beaute, has just come out with a new line of professional-grade hair wax with the strength to hold your hair nice and stiff, even in the midst of an hours-long death match. Their Dragon Ball Z Hair Wax promises to hold your spiky hair chunks in place throughout even the most rigorous battles and is a real must-have for any fist-fighting, world-saving hero.
Dragon Ball Z
“Dragon Ball villain Frieza is the ideal executive.”
This phrase has been increasingly repeated across the internet by those who have taken a second look at the alleged “tyrant” and discovered that he, like many other business leaders, may have been misrepresented.
Compiling experts Naver Matome did what they do best and gathered some compelling evidence to support what more and more people are realizing: Frieza is an excellent example of corporate leadership.
In Japan, Colonel Sanders has been known to dress up as Santa Claus around Christmas time and as a giant purple robot around…other times, but now he’s found an even cooler costume. Starting February 15, Colonel Sanders will cosplay as Dragon Ball Z’s Goku at seven different locations in Japan. Each statue will hold one of the seven dragon balls, distinguished by the number of stars contained in the middle.
Some sports are just better watched on television. Although it’s always great to see athletes perform in person, for many events you just can’t get the right vantage point to see all the action.
Take the Hakone Ekiden relay marathon held every year on the second and third of January. One of the most popular running events in Japan, 20 universities from the Kanto region of east Japan enter teams of ten to race a grueling two day relay totaling over 200km.
It’s a physically intense race over mountainous terrain in the cold of mid-winter. And it’s truly inspiring to see these athletes show such high levels of endurance… from your home watching TV under a blanket and sipping hot cocoa.
For those brave souls who ventured out into the cold to support the runners, a surprise in the form of four inter-planetary warlords stop by yearly to deliver some holiday cheer.
Big-budget live-action remakes of anime and manga are tricky business. One one hand, you’ve got to please the fans, who you know will be sitting in the theater with pen and paper scrutinizing every scene. But you also have to make money, which often means watering down the source material to make it digestible for regular movie-goers. As a result, live-action remakes are usually denounced by fans (and critics), but still manage to turn a profit in the box office.
This is why we love DragonBall Z: Saiyan Saga, a live-action non-profit Dragon Ball Z trailer made by fans not because they want to make a buck, but because they love the series so damn much.
The 5 minute 44 second trailer was finally released on YouTube yesterday after months of production, and looks absolutely amazing. Check it out below!
- [Quiz] How Well Do You Know Your Japanese Hand Gestures?1
- First full-length trailer for live-action Kiki’s Delivery Service shows off sets, cast, new theme song2
- From “Love Princess” to “Silent Hill”: Awesome Japanese prefecture names changed into English3
- McDonald’s Japan now serving delicious balls of cheese and potato4
- Local Fukuoka idol already breaking big across Japanese internet5
- Adorable chinchilla causes Japanese netizens to have cute attack 【Photos】6
- Let’s learn a little Japanese with this dead squid in a parking lot7
- Why is Japan Turning Blue at Night? More and More Streets Being Draped in Peacefully Bizarre Azure Lights8
- Pantene Philippines calls out sexism in the workplace with clever ad9
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer10
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour4
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts5
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer6
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car7
- Subway mini skirt peeping tom found innocent8
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director9
- 10 obvious Photoshop fails from North Korea 【Photos】10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】2
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs3
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】4
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!5
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China6
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong7
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】8
- The amazing disaster relief equipment of Japan’s Self Defense Force9
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】10
- Adorable chinchilla causes Japanese netizens to have cute attack 【Photos】
- Let’s learn a little Japanese with this dead squid in a parking lot
- Why is Japan Turning Blue at Night? More and More Streets Being Draped in Peacefully Bizarre Azure Lights
- Pantene Philippines calls out sexism in the workplace with clever ad
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China
- An amazing 1,300-year old way of fishing involving birds diving underwater is going extinct
- Your holiday (counterfeit) gift-buying guide!
- Godzilla remake trailer released! Aims to stay true to the original movie【Video】
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles
- 10 Japanese foods you can make at home!
- Shocked at the bakery – check out these pictures of bread that totally turned out wrong!
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour