Give a young boy a rubber band and chances are he’ll try and find a way to fling it across the room. The more ingenious of them will use resources like clothespins, popsicle sticks or Legos to craft a rubber band gun (here in Japan, many of us use disposable chopsticks). And, when they’ve grown up and gained access to all the big-kid toys, some of them will make an arsenal of semi automatic rubber band firearms from aluminum and stainless steel.
A recent video from LiveLeak shows the incredible training in small arms maneuvers that members of the South Korean National Police (KNP) SWAT go through.
The KNP is responsible for most security operations within the country, including counter-terrorism measures, riot control, and hostage negotiations. The KNP also, on occasion, carries out join exercises with the Korean Coast Guard and Army.
The video of the KNP training is 15 minutes long, so we’ve summarized the highlights through a series of GIFs below.
Last November, a man enlisted in the Republic of Korea Armed Forces was serving his final day before he was scheduled to be discharged. He just had one last order: clean his personal combat equipment – including his firearm – for inspection.
Apparently feeling burdened with this final duty, he must have been looking for a quick fix when – perhaps thinking “Why not kill two birds with one stone?” – he decided to wash his gun in with the laundry. What could possibly go wrong?
- Philip Kendall
Jan 7, 2013
The body of a man was discovered earlier today on a gate-ball (a game similar to croquet) lawn in the city of Urayasu, Chiba prefecture, just miles from the Tokyo Disneyland resort.
At 7:05 a.m. local time, police received a phone call saying that a man believed to be in his 50s had been found lying face-up on the ground near a storage shed at the gate-ball field.
In an even more dramatic twist to this sad tale, the man is reported to have been holding a handgun in his right hand.
- Titans attack Lawson convenience stores, bring tons of anime goodies with them1
- New video from Wagakki Band “Hanabi” is an original, awesome song【J-Tunes】2
- What turned Tokyo Disneyland into the Loneliest Place on Earth last weekend?3
- Are you a solo dining expert? Rank yourself with this Korean “lone diner guide”!4
- Pikachus overrunning Yokohama in the cutest rodent invasion ever 【Video】5
- Blogger’s silly video of types of dancers at Singapore clubs is trending in Japan6
- Hairy armpit selfies have invaded China’s biggest social networking platform【Photos】7
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture8
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!9
- Man in China steps into “royal rumble” to save the day, maybe goes a bit too far【Video】10
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight1
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture2
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today3
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race4
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’5
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker6
- Vietnamese man, angry at wife, hatches bizarre revenge scheme: Cut off his own penis7
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break8
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar9
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight7
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land8
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic9
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】9
- This amazing water cake just may be the most delicate sweet ever created!10
- Blogger’s silly video of types of dancers at Singapore clubs is trending in Japan
- Hairy armpit selfies have invaded China’s biggest social networking platform【Photos】
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!
- Man in China steps into “royal rumble” to save the day, maybe goes a bit too far【Video】
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today
- Chiro the corgi talks, shakes hands, wiggles her bootie, and wins our hearts
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Dog butts — Japanese netizens are going crazy for them!【Pics】
- Japanese scientist predicts another major earthquake in Japan by 2017
- Darth Vader to Japanese dictionary released, selling like Tusken bread
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight
- Sumida River Fireworks Festival aftermath: Not everyone in Japan has perfect manners after all