Police in Kumagaya, Saitama Prefecture, on Tuesday arrested a 19-year-old youth after he stabbed his parents at their home. The suspect’s mother later died of her wounds.
Jun 3, 2014
On May 28 at a McDonald’s restaurant in China, six members of an alleged religious cult attacked and beat to death a 37-year-old woman after she refused to give them her phone number. The incident was caught on security cameras and filmed by fellow diners as they fled, but no one attempted to intervene.
Feb 20, 2014
A CCTV security camera in Haikou, China captured what looks like a man shoving a woman down a manhole then covering up the spot with cardboard. The incident happened in mid-December but the video is making its way around the Internet right now.
The pair reportedly had a relationship and the man owed her $20,000.
The woman was rescued 60 hours later when she was heard crying for help. The manhole was three meters deep, according to TomoNews. The woman tried to make a ladder out of clothes but it didn’t work.
“I did not sleep at all the first night I fell in the manhole,” the woman, Guo, was quoted as saying. “I could see the darkness around me. I thought that I would not be choked to death if I looked up.”
Here’s the video of what appears to be attempted murder and of the rescue.
Dec 20, 2013
Gyoza no Ohsho (King of Gyoza) is a major chain of restaurants in Japan that serves various Chinese style dishes most notable of which are the Chinese dumplings called gyoza in Japan.
Their headquarters, located in Yamashina, Kyoto, became the site of an apparent homicide when Ohsho President Takayuki Ohigashi’s body was found after being shot three times.
Jul 19, 2013
On Wednesday, we brought you news of a horrific murder that occurred in Hiroshima involving a 16-year-old girl who allegedly beat and strangled an ex-classmate to death in the mountains, hiding the body there. Since both of the girls were too young to have driver’s licenses and suspicious messages were found on the alleged murderer’s smartphone, police suspected that there was another person involved.
Police have now revealed that not one but six more people have been arrested.
A shocking murder case has come to light in Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan, involving at least two high school girls–one of whom was the victim–and the communication smartphone app Line.
The body of the 16-year-old high school girl was found in the mountains outside of Kure City on July 13, after an ex-classmate was taken by her family to the police to confess.
Jul 1, 2013
Police in Sakai City, Osaka are currently investigating a 46-year-old man found hanged in an public housing complex apartment that wasn’t his. The actual owner, a 21-year-old man, has since disappeared. This strange story all started when the young tenant received a phone call from an unidentified man speaking in a Tokyo area dialect that said “someone is dead in your room.”
John Stuart Translations
Jun 27, 2013
Having already been deliberated by the upper house, an amendment to Japan’s anti-stalking law was passed by the lower house during the current Diet session on the afternoon of the 26th. The revised law adds repeated emails to the list of behaviors deemed harassing that was originally laid out in 2000, and also includes repeated calling, faxing and lying in wait. Lawmakers submitted the bill in response to an actual stalking incident that resulted in the victim’s death.
Nandan County, Guangxhi, China. A girl in her sixth grade of elementary school, making her under 13 years old, has been found guilty of murdering her classmate out of jealousy, and chopping up her body. The reason for this brutality: “because she was prettier than me”. Read More
Jan 6, 2013
**WARNING: Scenes in this video might be disturbing to some**
On 3 January, in Shenzhen, China a 21 year-old man purchased a large kitchen knife in a busy shopping district and proceeded to slash it at anyone within arm’s reach.
The attack was caught by security cameras in the area and released to the media. The upsetting video shows the knife wielding man repeatedly slash at one woman and proceed to walk along the lane swinging at anyone with little regard to whether he hit them or not.
Sep 9, 2012
In Incheon, South Korea, a bizarre murder trial is taking place surrounding the 2010 death of a 22 year-old woman, referred to as Ms. Y. The defendant is her boyfriend, 31 year-old Mr. K. Prosecutors are demanding that Mr. K be sentenced to death for her murder.
With a key piece of evidence missing, he must convince the court of his side of the story: an octopus did it.
Aug 18, 2012
None of us wants to live in an apartment or house where someone was killed, also known as stigmatized properties. It’d be pretty creepy in the least. However, in Japan the desire to not live in a place like that is so intense that you’d think Poltergeist was a documentary.
Oshima Teru is an up and coming website that also must be a real estate agent’s worst nightmare. Its main purpose is to map out every property where unnatural deaths occurred. Originally only focusing on the Greater Tokyo Area, they have expanded into nearly worldwide coverage including North America and Europe.
- Real version of Lotteria’s five-patty cheeseburger doesn’t look nearly as glorious as the ads1
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy2
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts3
- The Simpsons Halloween episode pays tribute to popular anime4
- Worst date ever! Japan’s ladies reveal the top five date ideas to avoid5
- Spoil your pet rotten with this comfy bed and blanket that looks fit for a king!6
- Robot rebellion begins with a cranky Roomba, Internet users too busy laughing to fight back7
- Small-you-can-eat: Japanese netizens are not happy with Denny’s new endless pancakes offer8
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked9
- 35 fascinating photos of Korea from 100 years ago (before K-dramas took over Asia)10
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked1
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls2
- Why does Engrish happen in Japan?3
- The 10 best anime of the fall season, according to Japanese otaku4
- Somebody turned a Disney Channel cartoon into an anime and it’s pretty awesome5
- Clever font sneaks pronunciation guide for English speakers into Japanese katakana characters6
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts7
- Beautiful old footage shows “God of Judo” Kyuzo Mifune gracefully defeat young challengers【Video】8
- Awesome Air Umbrella from China keeps you dry with blasts of air9
- Chinese woman’s catty comeback to Korean colleague gets netizens talking10
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】1
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China2
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked3
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea4
- Watch liquid turn into food at Japanese sample food factory 【Videos】5
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”6
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked7
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls8
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls9
- “Beautiful foreigner walking a polar bear” spotted at Shibuya’s famous crossing10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】4
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China5
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later6
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady10
- Spoil your pet rotten with this comfy bed and blanket that looks fit for a king!
- Robot rebellion begins with a cranky Roomba, Internet users too busy laughing to fight back
- Small-you-can-eat: Japanese netizens are not happy with Denny’s new endless pancakes offer
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked
- 35 fascinating photos of Korea from 100 years ago (before K-dramas took over Asia)
- Mickey men: All-male trips to Tokyo Disneyland are on the rise in Japan
- “Don’t play for more than an hour a day”: Japanese video game master gives great advice
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked
- Raw, frozen eggs are the new food trend in Japan, apparently
- Poor little dog is driven into corner by owner’s terrifying new house guest
- Food envy: Pizza Hut Korea launches new cream cheese cranberry crust pizza
- 【PSA】Knock knock! Check your car, save a cat