Police in Kumagaya, Saitama Prefecture, on Tuesday arrested a 19-year-old youth after he stabbed his parents at their home. The suspect’s mother later died of her wounds.
Jun 3, 2014
On May 28 at a McDonald’s restaurant in China, six members of an alleged religious cult attacked and beat to death a 37-year-old woman after she refused to give them her phone number. The incident was caught on security cameras and filmed by fellow diners as they fled, but no one attempted to intervene.
Feb 20, 2014
A CCTV security camera in Haikou, China captured what looks like a man shoving a woman down a manhole then covering up the spot with cardboard. The incident happened in mid-December but the video is making its way around the Internet right now.
The pair reportedly had a relationship and the man owed her $20,000.
The woman was rescued 60 hours later when she was heard crying for help. The manhole was three meters deep, according to TomoNews. The woman tried to make a ladder out of clothes but it didn’t work.
“I did not sleep at all the first night I fell in the manhole,” the woman, Guo, was quoted as saying. “I could see the darkness around me. I thought that I would not be choked to death if I looked up.”
Here’s the video of what appears to be attempted murder and of the rescue.
Dec 20, 2013
Gyoza no Ohsho (King of Gyoza) is a major chain of restaurants in Japan that serves various Chinese style dishes most notable of which are the Chinese dumplings called gyoza in Japan.
Their headquarters, located in Yamashina, Kyoto, became the site of an apparent homicide when Ohsho President Takayuki Ohigashi’s body was found after being shot three times.
Jul 19, 2013
On Wednesday, we brought you news of a horrific murder that occurred in Hiroshima involving a 16-year-old girl who allegedly beat and strangled an ex-classmate to death in the mountains, hiding the body there. Since both of the girls were too young to have driver’s licenses and suspicious messages were found on the alleged murderer’s smartphone, police suspected that there was another person involved.
Police have now revealed that not one but six more people have been arrested.
A shocking murder case has come to light in Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan, involving at least two high school girls–one of whom was the victim–and the communication smartphone app Line.
The body of the 16-year-old high school girl was found in the mountains outside of Kure City on July 13, after an ex-classmate was taken by her family to the police to confess.
Jul 1, 2013
Police in Sakai City, Osaka are currently investigating a 46-year-old man found hanged in an public housing complex apartment that wasn’t his. The actual owner, a 21-year-old man, has since disappeared. This strange story all started when the young tenant received a phone call from an unidentified man speaking in a Tokyo area dialect that said “someone is dead in your room.”
John Stuart Translations
Jun 27, 2013
Having already been deliberated by the upper house, an amendment to Japan’s anti-stalking law was passed by the lower house during the current Diet session on the afternoon of the 26th. The revised law adds repeated emails to the list of behaviors deemed harassing that was originally laid out in 2000, and also includes repeated calling, faxing and lying in wait. Lawmakers submitted the bill in response to an actual stalking incident that resulted in the victim’s death.
Nandan County, Guangxhi, China. A girl in her sixth grade of elementary school, making her under 13 years old, has been found guilty of murdering her classmate out of jealousy, and chopping up her body. The reason for this brutality: “because she was prettier than me”. Read More
Jan 6, 2013
**WARNING: Scenes in this video might be disturbing to some**
On 3 January, in Shenzhen, China a 21 year-old man purchased a large kitchen knife in a busy shopping district and proceeded to slash it at anyone within arm’s reach.
The attack was caught by security cameras in the area and released to the media. The upsetting video shows the knife wielding man repeatedly slash at one woman and proceed to walk along the lane swinging at anyone with little regard to whether he hit them or not.
Sep 9, 2012
In Incheon, South Korea, a bizarre murder trial is taking place surrounding the 2010 death of a 22 year-old woman, referred to as Ms. Y. The defendant is her boyfriend, 31 year-old Mr. K. Prosecutors are demanding that Mr. K be sentenced to death for her murder.
With a key piece of evidence missing, he must convince the court of his side of the story: an octopus did it.
Aug 18, 2012
None of us wants to live in an apartment or house where someone was killed, also known as stigmatized properties. It’d be pretty creepy in the least. However, in Japan the desire to not live in a place like that is so intense that you’d think Poltergeist was a documentary.
Oshima Teru is an up and coming website that also must be a real estate agent’s worst nightmare. Its main purpose is to map out every property where unnatural deaths occurred. Originally only focusing on the Greater Tokyo Area, they have expanded into nearly worldwide coverage including North America and Europe.
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】1
- Japan’s 10 best ryokan inns and top 10 hotels, as chosen by foreign visitors2
- Japanese work ethic tested, how high of a fever will you run before calling in sick?3
- Guy asks Twitter to decode late uncle’s encrypted message, gets results in matter of hours4
- Timpani drummer’s crazy finale is startling, funny, more metal than you’d expect from a symphony5
- Chinese sand artist tickles the heartstrings of manga fans with stunning sand manga drawings 【Videos】6
- Twitter artist reimagines 64 pokémon as “Substitute” plushies to adorable results7
- “Let them eat furikake!” says Mayor Hashimoto as Osaka school lunch saga rumbles on8
- More adorable photos from Japan’s fox village9
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!10
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】1
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!2
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so5
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours6
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute7
- 10 ways shopping at Wal-Mart in China is completely different from how it is in the US8
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile9
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan10
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”1
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher5
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises6
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit7
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make8
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message9
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- Chinese sand artist tickles the heartstrings of manga fans with stunning sand manga drawings 【Videos】
- Twitter artist reimagines 64 pokémon as “Substitute” plushies to adorable results
- “Let them eat furikake!” says Mayor Hashimoto as Osaka school lunch saga rumbles on
- More adorable photos from Japan’s fox village
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!
- Super-hot female member of real life superhero group captures Japanese hearts
- Zao Fox Village: Where all your cutes are belong to us
- Taiwanese subway’s anime mascot wants you to mind your manners, watch out for the Hamburglar
- Cats, dogs, pandas & more! An irresistible collection of photos and videos of animals in the snow
- Foreigner cyclist pulls a Gandalf, stands up to driver using bike lane in Beijing
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs
- Young man’s clever use of an umbrella saves injured kitten