Police in Kumagaya, Saitama Prefecture, on Tuesday arrested a 19-year-old youth after he stabbed his parents at their home. The suspect’s mother later died of her wounds.
Jun 3, 2014
On May 28 at a McDonald’s restaurant in China, six members of an alleged religious cult attacked and beat to death a 37-year-old woman after she refused to give them her phone number. The incident was caught on security cameras and filmed by fellow diners as they fled, but no one attempted to intervene.
Feb 20, 2014
A CCTV security camera in Haikou, China captured what looks like a man shoving a woman down a manhole then covering up the spot with cardboard. The incident happened in mid-December but the video is making its way around the Internet right now.
The pair reportedly had a relationship and the man owed her $20,000.
The woman was rescued 60 hours later when she was heard crying for help. The manhole was three meters deep, according to TomoNews. The woman tried to make a ladder out of clothes but it didn’t work.
“I did not sleep at all the first night I fell in the manhole,” the woman, Guo, was quoted as saying. “I could see the darkness around me. I thought that I would not be choked to death if I looked up.”
Here’s the video of what appears to be attempted murder and of the rescue.
Dec 20, 2013
Gyoza no Ohsho (King of Gyoza) is a major chain of restaurants in Japan that serves various Chinese style dishes most notable of which are the Chinese dumplings called gyoza in Japan.
Their headquarters, located in Yamashina, Kyoto, became the site of an apparent homicide when Ohsho President Takayuki Ohigashi’s body was found after being shot three times.
Jul 19, 2013
On Wednesday, we brought you news of a horrific murder that occurred in Hiroshima involving a 16-year-old girl who allegedly beat and strangled an ex-classmate to death in the mountains, hiding the body there. Since both of the girls were too young to have driver’s licenses and suspicious messages were found on the alleged murderer’s smartphone, police suspected that there was another person involved.
Police have now revealed that not one but six more people have been arrested.
A shocking murder case has come to light in Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan, involving at least two high school girls–one of whom was the victim–and the communication smartphone app Line.
The body of the 16-year-old high school girl was found in the mountains outside of Kure City on July 13, after an ex-classmate was taken by her family to the police to confess.
Jul 1, 2013
Police in Sakai City, Osaka are currently investigating a 46-year-old man found hanged in an public housing complex apartment that wasn’t his. The actual owner, a 21-year-old man, has since disappeared. This strange story all started when the young tenant received a phone call from an unidentified man speaking in a Tokyo area dialect that said “someone is dead in your room.”
John Stuart Translations
Jun 27, 2013
Having already been deliberated by the upper house, an amendment to Japan’s anti-stalking law was passed by the lower house during the current Diet session on the afternoon of the 26th. The revised law adds repeated emails to the list of behaviors deemed harassing that was originally laid out in 2000, and also includes repeated calling, faxing and lying in wait. Lawmakers submitted the bill in response to an actual stalking incident that resulted in the victim’s death.
Nandan County, Guangxhi, China. A girl in her sixth grade of elementary school, making her under 13 years old, has been found guilty of murdering her classmate out of jealousy, and chopping up her body. The reason for this brutality: “because she was prettier than me”. Read More
Jan 6, 2013
**WARNING: Scenes in this video might be disturbing to some**
On 3 January, in Shenzhen, China a 21 year-old man purchased a large kitchen knife in a busy shopping district and proceeded to slash it at anyone within arm’s reach.
The attack was caught by security cameras in the area and released to the media. The upsetting video shows the knife wielding man repeatedly slash at one woman and proceed to walk along the lane swinging at anyone with little regard to whether he hit them or not.
Sep 9, 2012
In Incheon, South Korea, a bizarre murder trial is taking place surrounding the 2010 death of a 22 year-old woman, referred to as Ms. Y. The defendant is her boyfriend, 31 year-old Mr. K. Prosecutors are demanding that Mr. K be sentenced to death for her murder.
With a key piece of evidence missing, he must convince the court of his side of the story: an octopus did it.
Aug 18, 2012
None of us wants to live in an apartment or house where someone was killed, also known as stigmatized properties. It’d be pretty creepy in the least. However, in Japan the desire to not live in a place like that is so intense that you’d think Poltergeist was a documentary.
Oshima Teru is an up and coming website that also must be a real estate agent’s worst nightmare. Its main purpose is to map out every property where unnatural deaths occurred. Originally only focusing on the Greater Tokyo Area, they have expanded into nearly worldwide coverage including North America and Europe.
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute1
- The weirder the better? These Japanese zakka are hot sellers in Korea2
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan3
- “We don’t want to be girls. We just want to be cute!” The future of crossdressing in Osaka4
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer5
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours6
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters7
- Question reveals how foreigners feel about speaking Japanese, getting English in return8
- The top 10 spots in Tokyo to make an anime pilgrimage9
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world2
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer3
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters4
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make5
- Japanese sleep experts say we’ve been using our blankets wrong, help us hate winter a little less6
- Budding Japanese student artists impress us with chalkboard works of art7
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence8
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute9
- Controversial pick-up artist breaks silence as campaign against him continues10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises5
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit6
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make7
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message8
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】9
- Just a bunch of adorable cats riding on trains in Japan10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters
- Question reveals how foreigners feel about speaking Japanese, getting English in return
- The top 10 spots in Tokyo to make an anime pilgrimage
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world
- New Lotte chewing gum promotion features cool guys to suit every taste
- Who knew frozen apples could taste so good!: Simple dessert recipe for the diet-conscious
- Korean idol unit trots on stage in matching skirts and what look like pseudo-Nazi armbands
- “Common habits of Japan’s low earners”: What this survey tells us, and what it doesn’t
- We don’t know what Vanadium is either, but Asahi put it in a drink for you anyway
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Stand back, kids! 64-year-old enka singer Aki Yashiro completely nails cover of Evangelion theme
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make