It’s summer which means it’s the season for peaches! These sweet and juicy fruits are believed to have originated in China and thrive there to this day, with the Asian nation producing over half of the world’s supply. But inside the People’s Republic, this level of familiarity has locals disinterested, inspiring growers to look for ways to spice things up between consumers and peaches. And so, to reignite people’s passion for the fuzzy fruits, they slipped on pairs of sheer panties.
Jun 19, 2014
RocketNews24 has long stood behind the traditional Japanese loincloth known as a fundoshi. Every year when Fundoshi Day (14 February) rolls around we’re always sure to endorse fundoshi for all of their physical and spiritual benefits.
And now we have reason #165 on why fundoshi are awesome. They can help to prevent sleeping problems for women. At least, that’s the claim made by the makers of Fundoshi Panties now on sale in a mook by Makino Shuppan.
May 13, 2014
Anyone who has ever worn a skirt knows how perilous an experience it can be – one wrong move, one inopportune gust of wind, one misplaced leg; that’s all it takes to inadvertently flash your underwear at a startled passerby.
There was clearly a niche in the market for educating women on how to avoid this embarrassing state of affairs, and one Japanese director has jumped to fill it with gusto.
Earlier in the year, we brought you the news that you can now buy men’s bras and panties on Japanese shopping site Rakuten. Well, the online retailer – the beautifully named Wish Room Men’s – have released their new spring range. We are pleased to announce that it’s even pinker, frillier, and more adorable than ever!
Join us after the jump for impressively muscled manikins, lacy panties, and A-cups galore.
By now we’re sure you’ve heard of the very sexy and yet oh so cute Sailor Moon lingerie sold by Peach John in Japan. The bra and panty combo went on sale on February 19, but as you might expect, were quickly snatched up by fans of the series. But now thanks to these selfies taken by Twitter user, itsuki_akira, we can still imagine what it might have been like to turn into a sexy Sailor Scout (or witness your girlfriend turn into one). Enjoy!
Jan 2, 2014
When we first laid eyes on the following photos, we thought they were part of some kind of elaborate joke, but our Japanese sister site Pouch has it on good authority that one online retailer is now selling bras, panties and even silky nightgowns that, despite looking exactly like something you’d find in a lady’s bedroom drawer, are actually intended for men.
It’s tough being a girl. We’re not saying it’s easy being a guy, but guys generally have fewer worries about being victims of stealthy up-skirt shots, wandering hands, or worse. To put an end to such worries, some overly creative designers in Thailand created a pair of security panties that promises to protect your girly bits and ward off a man’s lustful thoughts at the same time.
Sounds like a sure-sell product, doesn’t it? But as always, things that sound too good to be true usually come with a catch. And the catch in this pair of panties is, to put it bluntly, a built-in PENIS.
Aug 28, 2013
There’s a fad sweeping Japanese Twitter accounts right nowmwhich involves putting scrunchies (elastic hair ties covered in ruffled fabric) around the waists of girly figurines to make it look as though the characters are on the brink of a panty shot. The scrunchies sit much like a skirt, but billow as though affected by a strong breeze. This method works especially well with figures wearing bathing suits.
Perhaps in response to the severe lack of used-panty vending machines (declared illegal in 1993), a new and convenient alternative product has been born to cater to those panty fetish needs: soft, stripy and cute panties with a tiny spray bottle full of “girl scent”.
May 17, 2013
Since opening on May 3, Hentai Kamen has been a huge hit in Taiwan. Within three days of opening, it was off to a fantastic start with box-office takings of 4,680,000 Taiwan dollars (US$155,974). Not bad for a film whose hero derives his power from…wearing panties on his head?
The Hentai Kamen (English title: Ultimate!! Pervert Mask) movie, based on a short-lived comedy manga published in Shōnen Jump magazine, revolves around an unlikely hero whose superpowers are awakened when he puts a pair of panties on his head. I’m serious – I could not make this stuff up.
Recently around the world and in Japan there has been a sudden upswing in the number of people wearing underwear (namely panties or briefs) over their heads.
A photography book full of images of girls doing everyday things with panties over their faces was recently published. This was only a few months prior to the release of the live-action adaptation of Hentai Kamen (Pervert Mask) manga which chronicles the adventures of a panty-mask wearing hero. Where is all this coming from?
RocketNews24 columnist GO has, much like John Howard Griffin before him, tried to enter deep into the mind of a panty-head-wearer by transforming himself into one. Here’s what he discovered.
Jan 7, 2013
Osaka Prefectural Police picked up 37-year-old Takashi Yamaoka for stealing a woman’s panties… while she was still wearing them… again.
Jul 4, 2012
Ladies: do you have a pair of “lucky” underwear that you set aside for those special, sensual occasions?
Japan actually has a word for these: shobu shitagi, which can be translated as “game underwear” or “game panties” (though we know of a couple of New Zealanders who would call them “business panties”). Not only that, a recent poll conducted by Japanese female healthcare product company LC love cosmetic reveals that Japanese women’s preferred color of “game panties” actually differs by region.
Guys: this could come in handy someday, so take notes.
The inability to understand women is a struggle shared universally by men across the world. Luckily, our friends at Omokoro have put together a detailed report titled “A Simple Approach to Understanding Women” that should offer some insightful help to the clueless male masses.
Our full translation of the report follows below.
- The 11 Cat Islands of Japan 【Photos】1
- ISIS-inspired gang kills middle school boy: “We’ll cut off your head while you’re still alive!”2
- Japanese netizens rediscover “Full Armor Game Boy,” question how the ’90s defined portability3
- We visit a reasonably-priced sushi shop so good you’ll forget all about that “Jiro” guy4
- After Obama’s otaku outing, images surface of Love Liver Joe Biden getting cozy with anime idols5
- Boys’ turn: The top 10 most common shonen manga scenarios, according to Japanese fans6
- Staggering servings of salmon roe are waiting for you at these four Tokyo restaurants7
- Images of man pickpocketing wearing a sign reading “I’m a pickpocket” go viral in China8
- Now you can experience getting stopped by the Japanese police on Google Streetview9
- Online seller pulls cruel trick, sells pencil lead photographed alongside Nintendo 3DS XL10
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby1
- Japanese netizens stare at red dot for 30 seconds, freak out when they see what happens2
- Time to quit your job – Company in Japan now hiring for the position of Ninja Master3
- Fan film ‘Dragon Ball Z: Light of Hope’ – two years in the making, but well worth the wait【Video】4
- Creepy news: Estimate a complete stranger’s breast size with this new plastic folder!5
- Pretty kitty says “Good morning” in Japanese, not just a doting owner’s imagination!6
- Revenge bento show us it’s a dish best served cold (and boxed) with insults and hidden chilies7
- “Hell on Earth” as Tokyo subway station floods with sewage8
- ISIS-inspired gang kills middle school boy: “We’ll cut off your head while you’re still alive!”9
- Malaysian girl who got famous for holding things has a beautiful sister【Photos】10
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo1
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby2
- Literal breastplate will give you a cosplay-ready, anime-class bust in seconds 【Photos】3
- English hot spring manners poster is so thorough, even Japanese people are learning from it4
- Meet Asuna, the hyperreal android that will leave your jaw hanging 【Video】5
- Keanu Reeves tries to be a tourist in Akihabara, gets mobbed by fans instead6
- Japanese netizens stare at red dot for 30 seconds, freak out when they see what happens7
- Man beats up woman for not looking like “goddess” he spent thousands of dollars to meet8
- This amazingly detailed theme park map is what Tokyo Ghibli Land would look like9
- The number one thing that foreign men find “not so kawaii” about Japanese women10
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo1
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood2
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby3
- Literal breastplate will give you a cosplay-ready, anime-class bust in seconds 【Photos】4
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”5
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing6
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin7
- Historic Kyoto temple first in Japan to offer gay weddings8
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】9
- Internet ready to shut up and take your money as preorders finally start for Cat Ear Headphones10
- Boys’ turn: The top 10 most common shonen manga scenarios, according to Japanese fans
- Staggering servings of salmon roe are waiting for you at these four Tokyo restaurants
- Images of man pickpocketing wearing a sign reading “I’m a pickpocket” go viral in China
- Now you can experience getting stopped by the Japanese police on Google Streetview
- Online seller pulls cruel trick, sells pencil lead photographed alongside Nintendo 3DS XL
- Everyone’s favorite blue-black-white-gold dress, now available in fanart!
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby
- Resort in the Philippines decides to stop ripping off Gundam, rip off another robot instead
- Sailor Moon lingerie selfies have arrived!
- Toho Cinemas desperately seeking customers accidentally served non-diet soda
- Kitties keeping the gods company: Check out these photos of cats in Japanese shrines!
- American man’s dramatic nine-second snow struggle captivates Japanese netizens 【GIFs】
- Japanese netizens stare at red dot for 30 seconds, freak out when they see what happens