There’s a fad sweeping Japanese Twitter accounts right nowmwhich involves putting scrunchies (elastic hair ties covered in ruffled fabric) around the waists of girly figurines to make it look as though the characters are on the brink of a panty shot. The scrunchies sit much like a skirt, but billow as though affected by a strong breeze. This method works especially well with figures wearing bathing suits.
Perhaps in response to the severe lack of used-panty vending machines (declared illegal in 1993), a new and convenient alternative product has been born to cater to those panty fetish needs: soft, stripy and cute panties with a tiny spray bottle full of “girl scent”.
Since opening on May 3, Hentai Kamen has been a huge hit in Taiwan. Within three days of opening, it was off to a fantastic start with box-office takings of 4,680,000 Taiwan dollars (US$155,974). Not bad for a film whose hero derives his power from…wearing panties on his head?
The Hentai Kamen (English title: Ultimate!! Pervert Mask) movie, based on a short-lived comedy manga published in Shōnen Jump magazine, revolves around an unlikely hero whose superpowers are awakened when he puts a pair of panties on his head. I’m serious – I could not make this stuff up.
Recently around the world and in Japan there has been a sudden upswing in the number of people wearing underwear (namely panties or briefs) over their heads.
A photography book full of images of girls doing everyday things with panties over their faces was recently published. This was only a few months prior to the release of the live-action adaptation of Hentai Kamen (Pervert Mask) manga which chronicles the adventures of a panty-mask wearing hero. Where is all this coming from?
RocketNews24 columnist GO has, much like John Howard Griffin before him, tried to enter deep into the mind of a panty-head-wearer by transforming himself into one. Here’s what he discovered.
Osaka Prefectural Police picked up 37-year-old Takashi Yamaoka for stealing a woman’s panties… while she was still wearing them… again.
Ladies: do you have a pair of “lucky” underwear that you set aside for those special, sensual occasions?
Japan actually has a word for these: shobu shitagi, which can be translated as “game underwear” or “game panties” (though we know of a couple of New Zealanders who would call them “business panties”). Not only that, a recent poll conducted by Japanese female healthcare product company LC love cosmetic reveals that Japanese women’s preferred color of “game panties” actually differs by region.
Guys: this could come in handy someday, so take notes.
The inability to understand women is a struggle shared universally by men across the world. Luckily, our friends at Omokoro have put together a detailed report titled “A Simple Approach to Understanding Women” that should offer some insightful help to the clueless male masses.
Our full translation of the report follows below.
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea1
- Hey guys, unlucky with women? There’s always Latvia!2
- The Top 25 Things In Japan Most Likely To Blow Foreigner’s Minds3
- An Illustrated Guide to the Implications of not Washing Your Hands After Using the Restroom4
- Woman with alone time on an elevator does something incredibly unexpected5
- Red rain creeps out South Asia, intrigues scientists6
- Cross-dressing man in women-only train car causes controversy in Japan7
- 11 tips to spot (or imitate) a member of Japan’s Self-Defense Forces8
- A Simple Approach to Understanding Women: a Japanese Guide9
- From “Love Princess” to “Silent Hill”: Awesome Japanese prefecture names changed into English10
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour4
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts5
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer6
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car7
- Subway mini skirt peeping tom found innocent8
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director9
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】2
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs3
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】4
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!5
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China6
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong7
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】8
- The amazing disaster relief equipment of Japan’s Self Defense Force9
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】10
- Red rain creeps out South Asia, intrigues scientists
- Cross-dressing man in women-only train car causes controversy in Japan
- 11 tips to spot (or imitate) a member of Japan’s Self-Defense Forces
- A Simple Approach to Understanding Women: a Japanese Guide
- From “Love Princess” to “Silent Hill”: Awesome Japanese prefecture names changed into English
- [Quiz] How Well Do You Know Your Japanese Hand Gestures?
- 12 culinary delights from Japan that you can find in New York City
- 92-year-old grandmother creates gorgeous traditional Japanese toys
- Look sexy by moonlight with official Sailor Moon lingerie
- American chef perfectly captures the scrumptious soul of Japanese cuisine 【Video】
- Sixth-grade girl torches house, gives reason that shocks Japan
- Your holiday (counterfeit) gift-buying guide!
- Apologizing Like a Japanese Woman: A Practical Guide
- McDonald’s Japan now serving delicious balls of cheese and potato