By now we’re sure you’ve heard of the very sexy and yet oh so cute Sailor Moon lingerie sold by Peach John in Japan. The bra and panty combo went on sale on February 19, but as you might expect, were quickly snatched up by fans of the series. But now thanks to these selfies taken by Twitter user, itsuki_akira, we can still imagine what it might have been like to turn into a sexy Sailor Scout (or witness your girlfriend turn into one). Enjoy!
- Philip Kendall
Jan 2, 2014
When we first laid eyes on the following photos, we thought they were part of some kind of elaborate joke, but our Japanese sister site Pouch has it on good authority that one online retailer is now selling bras, panties and even silky nightgowns that, despite looking exactly like something you’d find in a lady’s bedroom drawer, are actually intended for men.
It’s tough being a girl. We’re not saying it’s easy being a guy, but guys generally have fewer worries about being victims of stealthy up-skirt shots, wandering hands, or worse. To put an end to such worries, some overly creative designers in Thailand created a pair of security panties that promises to protect your girly bits and ward off a man’s lustful thoughts at the same time.
Sounds like a sure-sell product, doesn’t it? But as always, things that sound too good to be true usually come with a catch. And the catch in this pair of panties is, to put it bluntly, a built-in PENIS.
- Rachel Tackett
Aug 28, 2013
There’s a fad sweeping Japanese Twitter accounts right nowmwhich involves putting scrunchies (elastic hair ties covered in ruffled fabric) around the waists of girly figurines to make it look as though the characters are on the brink of a panty shot. The scrunchies sit much like a skirt, but billow as though affected by a strong breeze. This method works especially well with figures wearing bathing suits.
Perhaps in response to the severe lack of used-panty vending machines (declared illegal in 1993), a new and convenient alternative product has been born to cater to those panty fetish needs: soft, stripy and cute panties with a tiny spray bottle full of “girl scent”.
- Cara Clegg
May 17, 2013
Since opening on May 3, Hentai Kamen has been a huge hit in Taiwan. Within three days of opening, it was off to a fantastic start with box-office takings of 4,680,000 Taiwan dollars (US$155,974). Not bad for a film whose hero derives his power from…wearing panties on his head?
The Hentai Kamen (English title: Ultimate!! Pervert Mask) movie, based on a short-lived comedy manga published in Shōnen Jump magazine, revolves around an unlikely hero whose superpowers are awakened when he puts a pair of panties on his head. I’m serious – I could not make this stuff up.
Recently around the world and in Japan there has been a sudden upswing in the number of people wearing underwear (namely panties or briefs) over their heads.
A photography book full of images of girls doing everyday things with panties over their faces was recently published. This was only a few months prior to the release of the live-action adaptation of Hentai Kamen (Pervert Mask) manga which chronicles the adventures of a panty-mask wearing hero. Where is all this coming from?
RocketNews24 columnist GO has, much like John Howard Griffin before him, tried to enter deep into the mind of a panty-head-wearer by transforming himself into one. Here’s what he discovered.
- Master Blaster
Jan 7, 2013
Osaka Prefectural Police picked up 37-year-old Takashi Yamaoka for stealing a woman’s panties… while she was still wearing them… again.
Jul 4, 2012
Ladies: do you have a pair of “lucky” underwear that you set aside for those special, sensual occasions?
Japan actually has a word for these: shobu shitagi, which can be translated as “game underwear” or “game panties” (though we know of a couple of New Zealanders who would call them “business panties”). Not only that, a recent poll conducted by Japanese female healthcare product company LC love cosmetic reveals that Japanese women’s preferred color of “game panties” actually differs by region.
Guys: this could come in handy someday, so take notes.
The inability to understand women is a struggle shared universally by men across the world. Luckily, our friends at Omokoro have put together a detailed report titled “A Simple Approach to Understanding Women” that should offer some insightful help to the clueless male masses.
Our full translation of the report follows below.
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong1
- Lady Gaga goes gaga for Hatsune Miku, makes virtual idol her opening act2
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly3
- Amazing Lego artist spends six months bringing Hatsune Miku into the physical world4
- Taiwanese student creates incredible art with materials others would throw away【Photos】5
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】6
- 70% of South Koreans will donate to fund for unity with North, want US and China to cough up too7
- Touching commercial pulls off a hat-trick to hit us right in the feels once again8
- Brutal four-panel comic explains why Japanese salaryman are trapped in their jobs9
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour2
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos3
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly4
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong5
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】6
- Ten-year-old illustrator getting national attention for his unique style of portraits7
- See what 13 stuffed toys look like after a wash at the home spa8
- We finally get to meet Goku’s mother — and we think she’s a real cutie!9
- Sad breakfasts the morning after a fight【Photos】10
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea1
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)2
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】3
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos4
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork5
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success6
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for7
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour8
- Admirers express their love for Crimean attorney general in the purest way they can: cute fan art9
- Who’s inside those theme park costumes? In China, it could be this 75-year-old woman10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】4
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】
- 70% of South Koreans will donate to fund for unity with North, want US and China to cough up too
- Touching commercial pulls off a hat-trick to hit us right in the feels once again
- Brutal four-panel comic explains why Japanese salaryman are trapped in their jobs
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea
- Cat selfies are taking over the internet and they’re too funny to ignore!【Photos】
- Real-life barbie bares real-life face in minimal makeup selfies【Photos】
- Sailors assemble! Artist reimagines the cast of Sailor Moon as Marvel’s Avengers
- Gross! Kindergarten teacher pees in his female colleagues’ tea
- Doraemon meets Dragon Ball in the weirdest mash up we’ve seen today
- Live-action Attack on Titan film casts lead role, sets filming location and start date
- Boot camps and desertion in the mountains among the ways Japanese companies train new recruits
- Sailor Moon in the City of Angels at LA art exhibit going on right now 【Photos】