This video of a skinny guy trying to push a chubbier woman into water has been going viral online this week. The girl, donning a jersey with the name ‘Satan’ written on it, was ambushed from behind, but just when you thought she was about to fall into the water…
Nov 12, 2014
Shanghai prankster group Monkey Kingz is in some hot water after one of their latest stunts created mass chaos inside of a subway train and led several people to call the police. It was supposed to be a Halloween prank featuring a rogue zombie, but the additional touch of having the actor cough up a blood-like substance and stumble around in pain seemed to be crossing the line for some people, especially in light of a recent international medical scare. Take a look at the video for yourself and decide whether the prank was a smashing success or downright inappropriate.
Last year, we introduced you to the Mannequin Guy, a 2m tall (6,6″) American dude living in Japan who took to the streets on Halloween 2013 to give passersby a scarily good laugh. Well, we’re happy to report that Mannequin Guy returned again this Halloween, and there’s even a video compilation of all the best bits of his routine!
Usually when you walk into a public restroom and see something out of the ordinary, it’s almost always the bad sort of surprise. Dirty floors, toilet seats with an extra bit of yellow, and much, much worse are just a part of the risk you take when entering an area complete strangers use to do their business. But one Twitter user got a different sort of surprise when she walked in to a bathroom stall and saw a face staring back.
There are a number of little niceties and services that make Japan a very comfortable place to live. Personally, my favorite has always been the folded toilet paper ends that can often be found in public restroom stalls everywhere. I don’t encounter them especially often, but when I do it brightens my day just like having a robin land on my window sill.
However, you can’t experience such joy without leaving yourself vulnerable to extreme disappointment as well. A prank has recently emerged in Japan which, although seemingly mundane and simple, completely shatters this sense of pleasure and leaves the victim a desolate shell of a person, just like having a robin land on your window sill and start projectile vomiting.
Aug 24, 2014
A Taiwanese mother recently gave her daughter a makeover, but it wasn’t the little girl who enjoyed it the most. If kids say the darnest things, then parents must be the ones who pull the funniest pranks on their offspring, and then have the last, biggest laugh of all.
Jun 27, 2014
I’m not entirely sure if this applies to all the McDonald’s outlets in the world, but the ones I’ve been to usually have soft serve ice cream (they call it a Vanilla Cone in Singapore) on the menu. It’s a simple, inexpensive sweet treat that hits the spot after a savory serving of burgers and fries.
It’s just vanilla ice cream served on a wafer cone, something so simple that almost nothing can go wrong… almost. We shan’t spoil it for you. Check out the video clip after the break!
A fridge with four delicious, thirsty-quenching Pepsis at the forefront? Think again! One of these things is not like the other, and we bet you had to take a second look to figure out exactly what was amiss.
Anime News Network
Jun 18, 2014
Google Maps‘ elaborate April Fools joke got even better. On April 1, Google launched its Pokémon Challenge game, where users could search real world locations on Google Maps and catch the original 151 Pokémon to complete a Pokédex.
Players who successfully completed the Pokédex received a message from Google Maps to fill out a form for a “surprise.” It turns out their efforts weren’t for naught, as several players, including Reddit user “tinygrump” received a congratulatory letter from Google Maps software engineer Tatsuo Nomura and 10 business cards with the title “Pokémon Master.”
You’ve been semen bombed!: 27-year-old Huang played a disgusting prank on women because he had been dumped by his girlfriend and claimed that he needed a way
It’s April Fool’s Day, which means that plenty of anime companies are having a good chuckle with fake announcements, quirky crossovers, and more. Here’s Part 1 of our round-up; check back later in the day for more!
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Apr 1, 2014
As you might expect, Google is up to its usual pranks in honor of April Fools’ Day, but this time, they’ve created something that’s actually playable that allows any Google Maps user to be the very best, like no one ever was.
The Google Maps Pokemon Challenge was announced in the form of an awesome YouTube video, with specific details on how to gain the coveted title of any 90s kid: Pokémon Master. Brian McClendon, Vice President of Google Maps, explains, “Now using the technology created by the Google Maps team, we’ve prepared the most rigorous test known to man to find the world’s best Pokémon Master.”
But this year, Google has one extra trick up their sleeve, allowing anyone to actually catch Pokémon on Google Maps.
April Fools’ Day is just a few days away! Are you prepared for it? Perhaps the pranks we picked out earlier this week were lacking some impact. Well, that’s because we kept the best for last!
If you’re looking for something that will shock the entire family or add a little excitement to your otherwise boring workplace, check out this homemade head in a jar! Be it for April Fools’ or for Halloween, this creepy artifact is bound to raise some hairs, and the best part is, no blood is involved in the making. Instructions after the jump!
Feb 14, 2014
Some people like Valentine’s Day and some people don’t, but the least we can do is stay out of one another’s way. Gushy types can do their romantic stuff, and more cynical types can boycott in whatever way they like best. Everybody wins, right?
Well, a personal boycott wasn’t enough for one jilted lover in Shanghai. He decided to organize a mob of internet singletons to buy up odd-numbered movie seats for showings of a popular romance movie to ensure couples wouldn’t be able to sit together on the 14th.
Typographers and moral crusader beware! A risqué Samsung billboard promoting their Galaxy 3 notepad has been, ahem, erected in four countries, leaving the South Korean company with a potentially embarrassing public relations mess. The offending ad must have been designed by someone who forgot to turn off the autocorrect feature before editing, making for an unintentionally hilarious billboard. Click below to find out what the racy sign says!
Oct 4, 2013
In a very misleading blog post titled “How to easily meet with a lot of characters at Disneyland,” our good friends over at Omocoro decided to troll their readers by taking pictures with random fixtures around the park and pretending that they met with Disney stars. The results are quite adorable, thanks to the addition of googly eyes, though many of the readers less acquainted with the site’s usual antics were woefully disappointed by the comedic content, having hoped for something of actual use.
For those who aren’t aware, Omocoro prides itself on being completely counterproductive. They are the ones who brought us such wonderful pranks as the build-it-yourself Lego bed and the life-size zebra apartment installation, as well as the ever-popular gem, a failed attempt at using Photoshop to turn their ugliest male writer into a sexy-looking lady. Usually, Omocoro saves their meanest tricks for their own staff members, but it seems someone really wanted to take a trip to Tokyo Disneyland on the company credit card this summer….
Earlier this month, the Katamachi branch of the Chinese food restaurant Gyoza no Osho (King of Gyoza) in Kanazawa City, Japan, shut down after a group of men decided to drop in on the royal dumpling restaurant dressed in nothing but their birthday suits.
Jul 18, 2013
We’re sure many of you readers are as sick of hearing about the Japan heat as we are suffering it, so let’s talk about some different weather! In specific: Rainy days and umbrellas!
Posting on Japanese news and community site My Navi News, a university student has asked the online community for its take on his somewhat unique predicament he found himself in after using everyone’s most hated insect to prevent his umbrella from being stolen.
Jul 12, 2013
According to a recent Twitter post, a train on the JR Oji line came to an emergency stop after a single French fry broke through a window. The topic has become the subject of great debate online, with many speculating as to how a mere strip of potato could have penetrated solid glass.
Feb 28, 2013
Being in management is difficult. Sometimes you have to make lightning-quick decisions that you later regret. However, the most valuable members of an organization are the ones that take a risk, fail, and then make success from that very same failure.
The pioneering entrepreneurs at Omocoro are just such business men and would like to share their techniques with you on how to make gold out of 100,000 errantly purchased toy blocks in the following handy guide.
- 4 Things women are banned from doing in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】1
- Flipping the kanji for “husband” upside-down reveals slightly worrying double meaning2
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu3
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea4
- Big Hero 6 ads in Japan leave out the action, moviegoers surprised to find awesome robot flick5
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website6
- Truck driver hailed as “hero” for cutting off car on wet highway7
- Former kimono painter turned ukiyo-e artist dazzles with exquisite modern-day paintings8
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】9
- 11 never-ending hypnotic GIFs that just made a portion of our weekend disappear mysteriously10
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】1
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu2
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood3
- Artist magically transforms Sailor Moon characters into black women4
- Character images of new Digimon Adventure series released, expected to air in spring 20155
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】6
- Life imitates (Sword) Art (Online) as Japanese gamers find they can’t log out of online RPG7
- How humanity ends: Virtual reality headset hooked up to Tenga love cup for men 【Video】8
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website9
- Evacuation orders issued as town in northern Japan is flooded by rising tidewaters10
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood1
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin2
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Japanese man proposes to girlfriend with Guinness World Record-winning GPS drawing5
- Historic Kyoto temple first in Japan to offer gay weddings6
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!7
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】8
- Hayao Miyazaki comments on Chihiro’s final test scene in Spirited Away9
- Fashion gone wrong? Boob shirts take Twitter by storm10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】3
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China4
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood5
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website
- Truck driver hailed as “hero” for cutting off car on wet highway
- Former kimono painter turned ukiyo-e artist dazzles with exquisite modern-day paintings
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】
- 11 never-ending hypnotic GIFs that just made a portion of our weekend disappear mysteriously
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Pokémon fans’ heads exploding over guy’s classic Game Boy makeover video
- Coming to Harajuku? Check out this new tourist booth for maps, Wi-Fi, crêpes and more!
- Tips from Japan to make your skin extra beautiful! It begins with a bath and…
- World’s simplest build-it-yourself toy train set may also be the cleverest with just three parts
- Japanese makeup artist does classic Hollywood glamour, recreates Audrey Hepburn’s coveted look
- Latest evolution of Pokémon cafe to open in Shibuya this January