Typographers and moral crusader beware! A risqué Samsung billboard promoting their Galaxy 3 notepad has been, ahem, erected in four countries, leaving the South Korean company with a potentially embarrassing public relations mess. The offending ad must have been designed by someone who forgot to turn off the autocorrect feature before editing, making for an unintentionally hilarious billboard. Click below to find out what the racy sign says!
In a very misleading blog post titled “How to easily meet with a lot of characters at Disneyland,” our good friends over at Omocoro decided to troll their readers by taking pictures with random fixtures around the park and pretending that they met with Disney stars. The results are quite adorable, thanks to the addition of googly eyes, though many of the readers less acquainted with the site’s usual antics were woefully disappointed by the comedic content, having hoped for something of actual use.
For those who aren’t aware, Omocoro prides itself on being completely counterproductive. They are the ones who brought us such wonderful pranks as the build-it-yourself Lego bed and the life-size zebra apartment installation, as well as the ever-popular gem, a failed attempt at using Photoshop to turn their ugliest male writer into a sexy-looking lady. Usually, Omocoro saves their meanest tricks for their own staff members, but it seems someone really wanted to take a trip to Tokyo Disneyland on the company credit card this summer….
Earlier this month, the Katamachi branch of the Chinese food restaurant Gyoza no Osho (King of Gyoza) in Kanazawa City, Japan, shut down after a group of men decided to drop in on the royal dumpling restaurant dressed in nothing but their birthday suits.
We’re sure many of you readers are as sick of hearing about the Japan heat as we are suffering it, so let’s talk about some different weather! In specific: Rainy days and umbrellas!
Posting on Japanese news and community site My Navi News, a university student has asked the online community for its take on his somewhat unique predicament he found himself in after using everyone’s most hated insect to prevent his umbrella from being stolen.
According to a recent Twitter post, a train on the JR Oji line came to an emergency stop after a single French fry broke through a window. The topic has become the subject of great debate online, with many speculating as to how a mere strip of potato could have penetrated solid glass.
Being in management is difficult. Sometimes you have to make lightning-quick decisions that you later regret. However, the most valuable members of an organization are the ones that take a risk, fail, and then make success from that very same failure.
The pioneering entrepreneurs at Omocoro are just such business men and would like to share their techniques with you on how to make gold out of 100,000 errantly purchased toy blocks in the following handy guide.
Paying toll sure is a pain.
Back in the good old days, you could just ram through the barrier if you didn’t want to pay; now, thanks to security cameras, doing that will leave you with a ticket and a damaged frame.
Yet while the days of speeding through toll booths to stick it to the man may be over, the following footage from a Chinese traffic camera shows that you can still get out of paying toll by scaring the sh** out of the man.
A message left by a Twitter user claiming to be trapped under rubble after a powerful earthquake later turned out to be fake, causing outrage across Japan.
In the early evening of Friday, December 7, a magnitude-7.3 earthquake with its epicentre off the northeast coast of Japan caused tremors so large that the Tokyo cafe in which my boss and I sat fell silent as patrons no doubt began wondering whether they ought to take cover beneath their tables. Windows rattled and the entire building creaked and swayed for almost five minutes after the tremors stopped.
As people reached for their mobile phones, expressions of concern could be seen throughout the room as talk of “possible tsunami” and “northeast Japan” appeared on social networks and news sites.
Soon after, a tweet (pictured above) appeared online asking for help and requesting that the message be shared as much as possible. Within the next hour, concerned Twitter users had retweeted the message more than 13,000 times, with many sending messages asking for more information about the user’s location and encouraging them to remain calm.
When the writer of the original tweet resurfaced hours later, however, and began mocking those who fell for the prank, people were understandably very upset, and soon began demanding that the tweet writer’s real identity to be determined and for them brought to justice.
A lot of people were holding out for some exciting news during Final Fantasy’s 25 Anniversary event in Japan yesterday; perhaps some information on Final Fantasy Versus XIII or a Final Fantasy VII remake.
What they got instead was an elaborate 12-minute demonstration of Tokimeki Final Fantasy: Suzaku Magic Institution Peristylium ~ Oh no! I’m in Love With the Crystal’s Divine Guardian ~, an otome dating game set in the world of Final Fantasy Type-0.
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles1
- Your holiday (counterfeit) gift-buying guide!2
- 92-year-old grandmother creates gorgeous traditional Japanese toys3
- Godzilla remake trailer released! Aims to stay true to the original movie【Video】4
- Cat Massage Techniques Promise Happy Endings5
- Men’s butts are shaped like green peppers, according to this butt illustration guide6
- Let’s learn a little Japanese with this dead squid in a parking lot7
- Biker/Photographer gives Google Street View car taste of its own medicine8
- Onsen trivia! Finding the hottest, highest, and healthiest hot springs in Japan9
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer10
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer4
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour5
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director6
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts7
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car8
- Subway mini skirt peeping tom found innocent9
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】2
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】3
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs4
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!5
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong6
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right7
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China8
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】9
- The amazing disaster relief equipment of Japan’s Self Defense Force10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- Snake being pickled to create healing liquor awakens after 3 months and bites woman10
- Men’s butts are shaped like green peppers, according to this butt illustration guide
- Let’s learn a little Japanese with this dead squid in a parking lot
- Biker/Photographer gives Google Street View car taste of its own medicine
- Onsen trivia! Finding the hottest, highest, and healthiest hot springs in Japan
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer
- McDonald’s Japan now serving delicious balls of cheese and potato
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China
- First full-length trailer for live-action Kiki’s Delivery Service shows off sets, cast, new theme song
- Japanese Character Toast is the Cutest Thing Since Sliced Bread, All You Need is Aluminum Foil!
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】
- Adorable chinchilla causes Japanese netizens to have cute attack 【Photos】
- Shocked at the bakery – check out these pictures of bread that totally turned out wrong!
- Beijing man caught on camera groping commuter from beneath her seat 【Video】