Remember Furby, the talking toy that first came out 15 years ago and became a huge hit? Well, if you’re fond of cute and furry talking objects, you may be aware that a new “digital” generation of Furbies that comes equipped with LCD eyes and can be interfaced with a smart phone app was released last year. Unfortunately for some of us in Japan, the new line of Furbies has until now only been available in English, but Japanese-speaking fans of Furby can finally rejoice now that Takara Tomy has come out with the Japanese version of the new Furby, and in cute bright pop colors too! Read More
On April 25, Takara Tomy A.R.T.S will release the “Sonic Hour”, the latest addition to their “Beer Hour” series of foaming products. Hour is a play on the Japanese word awa, meaning foam, or head of beer, and that’s exactly what this gadget delivers to the top of your glass. Retailing for 3,990 yen (US$40), this little portable device creates superfine bubbles in any type of beer, guaranteeing a smooth, creamy head every time. Even if the Japanese do prefer their beer with an enormous amount of head sometimes…
The secret to the sonic foam is ultrasonic oscillation. Simply put your glass of beer on the tray, press the button and the ultrasonic vibrations disperse evenly at the bottom of the beer glass, creating a gush of bubbles that rise and form the perfect head in an instant. And if that’s not entertaining enough, it also comes equipped with an eight-colour LED light-up display. To see it in action, check out the video after the jump.
- Master Blaster
Dec 15, 2012
Picture the typical family, if you will. One Sunday afternoon, Junior runs into the den and asks Pa to go kite-flying together. “Not today, Junior”, said Pa, “It’s just not windy enough.”
Junior walks back to his room and plays Grand Theft Auto, sullenly killing policemen with a sniper rifle. Even though he got 15 headshots in a row, his heart just wasn’t in it. Once again Mother Nature had ruined his true passion – kites.
This tragic scene plays out in homes across the kite-loving world. So the brain trust at Takara Tomy came up with Homekite, the first (I’m guessing) kite to be used in the home.
Taking care of a pet is hard work. You have to remember to feed it, clean up after it, and at the very least, acknowledge its existence. Even the number one low maintenance pet, a fish, turns into a burden after you forget to change the sludgy green water that your poor fish is no longer gliding, but trudging through thanks to the algae-filled, jelly-like consistency (shame on you!).
Lazy pet-lovers rejoice! Finally, a “pet” you can accidentally forget about without any consequences. Introducing Robo Fish, the next generation of pet care giving. Invented in Japan by Takara Tomy A.R.T.S., these little robotic fish are made to look like the real thing. We noticed a small crack where the tail joint meets the body, but the fish’s movements is very realistic. They even look as if they are searching for and eating food, bobbing up and down on the floor of the tank.
- Master Blaster
Jun 26, 2012
Since its release on April 28th people have been flocking to toy stores across Japan to get their hands on toymaker Takara Tomy’s Kuru Kuuuuru Eco-Fan (Round and Rooooouuund Eco-Fan), so much so that their original 60,000 units had to be upped to an additional shipment of 120,000 to meet the demand.
It seems since abandoning much of the nuclear power in Japan, people’s minds are set on alternative means of keeping cool while saving electric costs or during potential black outs. The reason everyone wants this particular toy fan is because of the sheer wind power it has. For every one turn of the hand, the fan blade spins 100 times.
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”1
- Touching Final Fantasy X cover on the violin takes you “To Zanarkand”【Video】2
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break3
- Man questioned by police after building “girl” out of plastic bottles, taking her out on a date4
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker5
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!6
- Grandpa makes Totoro for grandkids after move7
- This awful woman stealing a little kid’s foul ball will ruin your day8
- J-Pop group Tokio suspected in the sudden construction of a super-long noodle slide9
- Our take on Studio Ghibli’s newest anime, When Marnie Was There【Impressions】10
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- This man’s face left Chinese internet users in amazement, agony and confusion 【Photos】3
- Creative pet “haircuts”: Funky or funny? You decide.4
- Emotional anime short celebrates Tokyo Station’s 100th birthday【Video】5
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman6
- Internet reacts to Taiwanese yoga instructor’s wildly unnecessary opening pitch striptease7
- More than one way to skin a cat? Japanese YouTuber shows how to “open” a cat with belly rubs8
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”9
- Is Attack on Titan a documentary? Mikasa spotted in Russia!10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- 16 photos that show why Singapore has the world’s best airline6
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】7
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land8
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic9
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- What if Sailor Moon characters were lingerie models? They’d look stunning like this 【Photos】9
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】10
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!
- Grandpa makes Totoro for grandkids after move
- This awful woman stealing a little kid’s foul ball will ruin your day
- J-Pop group Tokio suspected in the sudden construction of a super-long noodle slide
- Our take on Studio Ghibli’s newest anime, When Marnie Was There【Impressions】
- Inconsiderate commuter behavior in Korea – A photo guide
- Chinese bus gets lined with artificial turf for World Cup, may never go back
- Pikachu, we eat you! – A visit to Tokyo’s Pokémon restaurant
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman
- Excited for the new Dragon Ball Z flick? Check out the teaser trailer right here
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- Teacher accidentally supports the armament of Japan with flawed cartoon reference
- Chinese mall’s large pink parking spaces for women seen as sexist by some, wonderful by others