Remember Furby, the talking toy that first came out 15 years ago and became a huge hit? Well, if you’re fond of cute and furry talking objects, you may be aware that a new “digital” generation of Furbies that comes equipped with LCD eyes and can be interfaced with a smart phone app was released last year. Unfortunately for some of us in Japan, the new line of Furbies has until now only been available in English, but Japanese-speaking fans of Furby can finally rejoice now that Takara Tomy has come out with the Japanese version of the new Furby, and in cute bright pop colors too! Read More
On April 25, Takara Tomy A.R.T.S will release the “Sonic Hour”, the latest addition to their “Beer Hour” series of foaming products. Hour is a play on the Japanese word awa, meaning foam, or head of beer, and that’s exactly what this gadget delivers to the top of your glass. Retailing for 3,990 yen (US$40), this little portable device creates superfine bubbles in any type of beer, guaranteeing a smooth, creamy head every time. Even if the Japanese do prefer their beer with an enormous amount of head sometimes…
The secret to the sonic foam is ultrasonic oscillation. Simply put your glass of beer on the tray, press the button and the ultrasonic vibrations disperse evenly at the bottom of the beer glass, creating a gush of bubbles that rise and form the perfect head in an instant. And if that’s not entertaining enough, it also comes equipped with an eight-colour LED light-up display. To see it in action, check out the video after the jump.
- Master Blaster
Dec 15, 2012
Picture the typical family, if you will. One Sunday afternoon, Junior runs into the den and asks Pa to go kite-flying together. “Not today, Junior”, said Pa, “It’s just not windy enough.”
Junior walks back to his room and plays Grand Theft Auto, sullenly killing policemen with a sniper rifle. Even though he got 15 headshots in a row, his heart just wasn’t in it. Once again Mother Nature had ruined his true passion – kites.
This tragic scene plays out in homes across the kite-loving world. So the brain trust at Takara Tomy came up with Homekite, the first (I’m guessing) kite to be used in the home.
Taking care of a pet is hard work. You have to remember to feed it, clean up after it, and at the very least, acknowledge its existence. Even the number one low maintenance pet, a fish, turns into a burden after you forget to change the sludgy green water that your poor fish is no longer gliding, but trudging through thanks to the algae-filled, jelly-like consistency (shame on you!).
Lazy pet-lovers rejoice! Finally, a “pet” you can accidentally forget about without any consequences. Introducing Robo Fish, the next generation of pet care giving. Invented in Japan by Takara Tomy A.R.T.S., these little robotic fish are made to look like the real thing. We noticed a small crack where the tail joint meets the body, but the fish’s movements is very realistic. They even look as if they are searching for and eating food, bobbing up and down on the floor of the tank.
- Master Blaster
Jun 26, 2012
Since its release on April 28th people have been flocking to toy stores across Japan to get their hands on toymaker Takara Tomy’s Kuru Kuuuuru Eco-Fan (Round and Rooooouuund Eco-Fan), so much so that their original 60,000 units had to be upped to an additional shipment of 120,000 to meet the demand.
It seems since abandoning much of the nuclear power in Japan, people’s minds are set on alternative means of keeping cool while saving electric costs or during potential black outs. The reason everyone wants this particular toy fan is because of the sheer wind power it has. For every one turn of the hand, the fan blade spins 100 times.
- How to properly pronounce “Ghibli” and other fun trivia about the legendary animation studio1
- Basement Jaxx’s bizarre Japan-based music video freaks us out, makes us want to dance2
- Some flights are more cramped than others – 29 sumo wrestlers pack into one tiny plane3
- “I know how it’s done!”: Japanese TV guest learns what not to say to a magician on live TV【Video】4
- McDonald’s Japan just released Tofu Nuggets, and they taste… 【Taste Test】5
- Pikachus overrunning Yokohama in the cutest rodent invasion ever 【Video】6
- Live-action Attack on Titan confirmed for 2 films7
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!8
- Hairy armpit selfies have invaded China’s biggest social networking platform【Photos】9
- Mysterious fire materializes inside Saitama train station on Tuesday10
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight1
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture2
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today3
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race4
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’5
- Vietnamese man, angry at wife, hatches bizarre revenge scheme: Cut off his own penis6
- What turned Tokyo Disneyland into the Loneliest Place on Earth last weekend?7
- Pikachus overrunning Yokohama in the cutest rodent invasion ever 【Video】8
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker9
- Hairy armpit selfies have invaded China’s biggest social networking platform【Photos】10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight7
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land8
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic9
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】9
- This amazing water cake just may be the most delicate sweet ever created!10
- Pikachus overrunning Yokohama in the cutest rodent invasion ever 【Video】
- Live-action Attack on Titan confirmed for 2 films
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- Hairy armpit selfies have invaded China’s biggest social networking platform【Photos】
- Mysterious fire materializes inside Saitama train station on Tuesday
- Sumida River Fireworks Festival aftermath: Not everyone in Japan has perfect manners after all
- Blogger’s silly video of types of dancers at Singapore clubs is trending in Japan
- That awkward moment when your phone rings on live TV… and then you make it worse 【Video】
- Baked Kit Kats now showing up in cakes, parfaits, and crepes across Japan
- Ryokan etiquette: What not to do when staying at a traditional Japanese inn
- From Sailor Moon to Freddy Krueger – The lovely cosplayers of Wonder Festival
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today
- Want a bit of One Piece magic? This real-looking Devil Fruit is sure to set the right mood!