Teenage experimentation. While many get hot under the collar about it, it’s pretty standard. I mean, no one’s born knowing this stuff, so most need to figure it out at some stage. From warm apple pie to webcams to same-sex “kiss friends”… wait, same sex “kiss friends”??
A sudden fad for something called ‘same-sex “kiss friends”‘ has been raising a few, er, eyebrows at Japanese high schools and online this week. Girls kissing girls I understand, because us girls we are so magical, hard to resist and kissable. Who wouldn’t want a taste of that cherry chapstick? But the idea of boys kissing boys seems more difficult for netizens to swallow, at least on a public forum. Is it the awkward bum fluff moustaches, the smell of bodies before the discovery of deodorant, or other reasons?
The blurb pictured delves into more explicit detail on this teen girl-on-girl and high-school boy-on-boy phenomenon.
All puns aside, we would never have guessed in a million years that this 15-year-old has nine years of professional boxing training under her belt.
Born in 1997, Tran Thi Kim Ngan is Vietnam’s most famous female boxer and recently shot to stardom when local media noticed her good looks. Despite still being in school, young Tran is already set to break both hearts and noses across the world, and, to quote our colleagues over at RocketNews24 Japan, is clearly hiding more than just a couple of boxing moves beneath that dress of hers.
Prepare to squirm in your seats, fellas.
According to news report over at Japanese info hub Heaven, a 17-year-old boy in China has taken a knife to his own love wand, cutting it off completely, later giving the reason that he was experiencing too many unwanted erections.
Thankfully, the following report does not contain any graphic photos, but there’s still plenty of mental imagery guaranteed to make any man shudder in front of his computer or smart phone…
- 4 Things women are banned from doing in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】1
- Flipping the kanji for “husband” upside-down reveals slightly worrying double meaning2
- We love Daiso, but sometimes the weird products just amuse us3
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea4
- Former kimono painter turned ukiyo-e artist dazzles with exquisite modern-day paintings5
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu6
- Big Hero 6 ads in Japan leave out the action, moviegoers surprised to find awesome robot flick7
- Truck driver hailed as “hero” for cutting off car on wet highway8
- Latest evolution of Pokémon cafe to open in Shibuya this January9
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website10
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】1
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu2
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood3
- Artist magically transforms Sailor Moon characters into black women4
- Character images of new Digimon Adventure series released, expected to air in spring 20155
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】6
- Life imitates (Sword) Art (Online) as Japanese gamers find they can’t log out of online RPG7
- How humanity ends: Virtual reality headset hooked up to Tenga love cup for men 【Video】8
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website9
- Evacuation orders issued as town in northern Japan is flooded by rising tidewaters10
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood1
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin2
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Japanese man proposes to girlfriend with Guinness World Record-winning GPS drawing5
- Historic Kyoto temple first in Japan to offer gay weddings6
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!7
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】8
- Hayao Miyazaki comments on Chihiro’s final test scene in Spirited Away9
- Fashion gone wrong? Boob shirts take Twitter by storm10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】3
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China4
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood5
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu
- Big Hero 6 ads in Japan leave out the action, moviegoers surprised to find awesome robot flick
- Truck driver hailed as “hero” for cutting off car on wet highway
- Latest evolution of Pokémon cafe to open in Shibuya this January
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website
- Taiwanese sky can’t decide, splits itself in half
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- 10 slightly strange Christmas trees from Japan
- Toilet slides and turd hats: welcome to Tokyo’s crappiest exhibition
- Unhinged Japanese boyband fan stalks “rival” on Twitter, demands they delete their account
- Looney Samurai Tunes! Fan artist reimagines the classic cartoon characters in feudal Japan
- Coming to Harajuku? Check out this new tourist booth for maps, Wi-Fi, crêpes and more!