Japan really loves to put its tourist spots into a top three list, such as the top three gardens or the top three hot springs. And a lot of tourists like to visit all three of the places to be able to say they’ve completed the set. But which of these famous trios do Japanese tourists want to visit the most? The website Web R25 recently surveyed 664 of their readers to ask them which of the top three lists they most want to visit. Click below to find out which trio of tourist hotspots topped the list and be sure to let us know which one you prefer in our RocketNews24 poll at the bottom!
Okay, I have to say I’m super happy about this particular story! Why? Because guess which city was recently ranked number one in a world-wide survey of what people thought about 40 key tourist destinations around the world — that’s right, none other than my home city of Tokyo!
And this wasn’t just any ordinary survey; it was a survey conducted by TripAdvisor, the well-known international travel site, and based on more than 75,000 responses sent in by people who had recently reviewed on the website the cities featured in the survey. I’m pretty sure it was no mean feat to be ranked first among 40 popular tourist cities in this survey, so I’m very happy indeed that the Japanese capital earned top honors.
I, for one, love to travel and I’m always dreaming about going away on vacation somewhere, but I guess I need to appreciate how lucky I am to be living in what people rated the nicest city in the world. So, what did people find appealing about Tokyo, and which other cities received high marks? We thought you might be interested in learning the details of the survey results, which were as follows: Read More
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture1
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight2
- Gintama’s protagonist as envisioned by fujoshi: blushing, bare-chested, and super voluptuous!3
- The planned “Great Ice Wall” to contain Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear plant isn’t freezing4
- Ryokan etiquette: What not to do when staying at a traditional Japanese inn5
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool6
- Japanese netizens lament over the long, but sad life of sea urchins7
- Son refuses to see mom because she’s “too ugly”, but is that the whole story?8
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today9
- “Joke” site demonstrates the cruelty of cyberbullying, makes us wet our pants10
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’3
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman4
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”5
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex6
- Creative pet “haircuts”: Funky or funny? You decide.7
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break8
- Inconsiderate commuter behavior in Korea – A photo guide9
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land7
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic8
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!9
- Guitarist perfectly recreates disgraced Japanese politician’s uncontrollable sobbing【Video】10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- What if Sailor Moon characters were lingerie models? They’d look stunning like this 【Photos】9
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】10
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool
- Japanese netizens lament over the long, but sad life of sea urchins
- Son refuses to see mom because she’s “too ugly”, but is that the whole story?
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today
- “Joke” site demonstrates the cruelty of cyberbullying, makes us wet our pants
- Our reporter goes looking for fans at Comic-Con…in his Sailor Venus cosplay outfit
- Get your chills on the rails with Kyoto’s Ghost Train 【Video】
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!
- Stop the itching from a mosquito bite in minutes with this cool trick!
- “Painful” decorations return! It’s time to bring the pain to your entire room!
- A Tale of Two Sex Crimes, Kanagawa Home of Back to Back Kinky Criminal Mischief
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar