What do you normally see in a piece of tissue paper? Is tissue something that’s useful but to be casually discarded without much thought once it’s been used? That may often be the case, but Japanese tissue maker Nepia has created a video which can hopefully change that and raise consumers’ appreciation for this ubiquitous paper product by showing how a piece of tissue can be changed into works of art. Viewers of the video from around the world have apparently been seriously impressed, giving the video a definite two-thumbs up, and we just had to share it with you, since we thought it looked … well, simply awesome!
- Master Blaster
Dec 29, 2012
Scattered across the landscape of Japan are Shinto shrines of various shapes and sizes. In many of the larger shrines you’ll find one or more especially old trees known as Goshinboku which means “sacred tree.”
Sacred trees are usually massive in size and centuries old with some reportedly over 1,000 years old. You can usually tell them from the shimenawa wrapped around their trunks. A shimenawa is an extremely thick rope which encloses something holy and wards off evil from outside.
These age-old trees are beautiful specimens of nature’s strength and longevity and add an extra level of serenity to their shrines. However, in the past month someone or some group has been killing off these sacred trees of shrines in 5 separate prefectures in Japan’s mid-west.
You wander the Moroccan desert lost, dehydration and the scorching sun draining the life from your body more and more with each passing moment.
An oasis appears. A pool of water at the base of a lush tree promise relief from the heat and hope that you may yet find your way home.
You run towards the oasis but then stop suddenly. Did that tree just bleat at me?
You rub your eyes and, as the illusion evaporates into the unforgiving sun, you realize: that tree isn’t covered in foliage, it’s covered in goats. And that pool of water? That’s goats too.
You murmur to yourself: What the $!&#.
- Japanese women dish about being betrayed by their female friends1
- Japanese driver fails to stop at a yellow light, turns herself in to the police2
- Japan Self-Defense Force’s elite Central Band performs Hatsune Miku song Senbonzakura3
- Japanese high school student becomes Twitter sensation showing difference between time with boyfriend and friends4
- Japanese Twitter users and the tale of the broken battery5
- “How many freakin’ CDs do I have to buy?” Fans displeased with idol group’s debut single6
- Poster for Ghibli’s new movie under fire … from the big guru himself!7
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea8
- Chinese “porn identification officer” has seen over 600,000 adult videos, threw up after watching some9
- Here are the weirdest things you can buy on Alibaba’s English site10
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly1
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong2
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection3
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated4
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】5
- Lady Gaga goes gaga for Hatsune Miku, makes virtual idol her opening act6
- Advice from Japanese women on dealing with your boyfriend’s anime girlfriend7
- Real-life barbie bares real-life face in minimal makeup selfies【Photos】8
- “Racist” Air France geisha poster prompts satirical home-made fixes9
- Cat greets its returning owner with so much warmth we’d swear it was puppy love10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos2
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork3
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】4
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for5
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly6
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea7
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour8
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success9
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea4
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- “How many freakin’ CDs do I have to buy?” Fans displeased with idol group’s debut single
- Poster for Ghibli’s new movie under fire … from the big guru himself!
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea
- Chinese “porn identification officer” has seen over 600,000 adult videos, threw up after watching some
- Here are the weirdest things you can buy on Alibaba’s English site
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it
- Better know a train nerd: 36 different classifications for Japan’s “densha otaku”
- How Microsoft created a virtual assistant that could blow Siri away
- Japan’s king of curry restaurants enters the instant noodle market, we taste the results
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong
- The pillows fans rejoice! You could win a contest to meet the band in Tokyo【Videos】
- Miss Todai/weather forecaster Ayaka Sawada’s adorable drawings
- Healthy ice cream? Well, these new Häagen-Dazs vegetable flavors at least sound healthy!