Real-life Barbie Valeria Lukyanova, regular fixture of blogs worldwide, has caused another stir, but this time it’s not because she’s said something offensive or downright ridiculous. After making virtual waves with her outrageous makeup, fashion, and philosophy, Valeria’s now making a splash by taking it all off.
Mar 8, 2014
Does the name Valeria Lukyanova seem to ring a bell? If you’ve been hanging around enough, you might remember our previous posts about the Ukraine-based Russian model who is known as the “real-life Barbie“. We haven’t heard news of her for about a year or so, but she’s back in the spotlight again and this time, it’s not about her already well-known doll-like looks.
Word is, she’s now attempting to survive on only air and light. Holy cow, could she really be turning into a real Barbie doll?!
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Feb 14, 2013
Valeria Lukyanova, better known as “real-life Barbie” shocked the world with her cosmetically enhanced plastic-like face which makes her look like a living, breathing Barbie doll. Even more shocking was when fellow Ukrainian, Anastasiya Shpagina, aka Animé Girl, teamed up with real-life Barbie, creating the world’s creepiest photo shoot.
Now her friends and family, including her grandparents, are getting in on the creepy action, covering their faces in gaudy makeup and striking rigor mortis-inspired poses. Try to hold back your gasps of horror when viewing these photos of real-life Barbie and her real-life friends and family made up to look like dolls.
When will the madness end?!
Two girls from the Ukraine have made a splash around the world with their unusual aesthetic choices.
First we have newcomer, 19 year-old Anastasiya Shpagina, who’s industrial strength make-up job transforms her into three dimensional warm blooded anime girl. In the other corner we have 21 year-old Valeria Lukyanova, who surprised the world with her appearance of a “Real Barbie Doll” which is rumored to be the result of extensive plastic surgery.
And now for the first time these two titans of body modification collide for a photo shoot of epic disproportions.
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!1
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so2
- The newer, cheaper Kakureya II: The perfect secret fort/box for studying, drinking, or napping3
- Visit Japan without ever leaving home with these eight beautiful videos4
- Anime-loving mum takes kyara-ben to a new level with these well-drawn anime bentos5
- Over half of Japanese adults do this in the shower – How about you?6
- Online survey reveals the types of guys elementary school girls DON’T want to date7
- This man’s first hand-drawn maze took seven years to complete, now he’s working on a second one8
- The animated meals in Ghibli’s movies have our mouths watering9
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer2
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute3
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters4
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world5
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick6
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence7
- Can you spot the problem that led to the recall of this otherwise cute Japanese New Year’s card?8
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan9
- Question reveals how foreigners feel about speaking Japanese, getting English in return10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises5
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit6
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make7
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message8
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】9
- Just a bunch of adorable cats riding on trains in Japan10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea10
- Over half of Japanese adults do this in the shower – How about you?
- Online survey reveals the types of guys elementary school girls DON’T want to date
- This man’s first hand-drawn maze took seven years to complete, now he’s working on a second one
- The animated meals in Ghibli’s movies have our mouths watering
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick
- NHK offices are too boring for broadcast after earthquake, “borrows” from tweets
- Bonsai treehouses look like something out of Howl’s Moving Castle 【Photos】
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises
- Japan is doing what people do best with fallen leaves: playing with them【Photos】
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute
- 10 ways shopping at Wal-Mart in China is completely different from how it is in the US