Real-life Barbie Valeria Lukyanova, regular fixture of blogs worldwide, has caused another stir, but this time it’s not because she’s said something offensive or downright ridiculous. After making virtual waves with her outrageous makeup, fashion, and philosophy, Valeria’s now making a splash by taking it all off.
Mar 8, 2014
Does the name Valeria Lukyanova seem to ring a bell? If you’ve been hanging around enough, you might remember our previous posts about the Ukraine-based Russian model who is known as the “real-life Barbie“. We haven’t heard news of her for about a year or so, but she’s back in the spotlight again and this time, it’s not about her already well-known doll-like looks.
Word is, she’s now attempting to survive on only air and light. Holy cow, could she really be turning into a real Barbie doll?!
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Feb 14, 2013
Valeria Lukyanova, better known as “real-life Barbie” shocked the world with her cosmetically enhanced plastic-like face which makes her look like a living, breathing Barbie doll. Even more shocking was when fellow Ukrainian, Anastasiya Shpagina, aka Animé Girl, teamed up with real-life Barbie, creating the world’s creepiest photo shoot.
Now her friends and family, including her grandparents, are getting in on the creepy action, covering their faces in gaudy makeup and striking rigor mortis-inspired poses. Try to hold back your gasps of horror when viewing these photos of real-life Barbie and her real-life friends and family made up to look like dolls.
When will the madness end?!
Two girls from the Ukraine have made a splash around the world with their unusual aesthetic choices.
First we have newcomer, 19 year-old Anastasiya Shpagina, who’s industrial strength make-up job transforms her into three dimensional warm blooded anime girl. In the other corner we have 21 year-old Valeria Lukyanova, who surprised the world with her appearance of a “Real Barbie Doll” which is rumored to be the result of extensive plastic surgery.
And now for the first time these two titans of body modification collide for a photo shoot of epic disproportions.
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map1
- J-pop unit Perfume’s innovative projection mapping at US performance creates worldwide buzz2
- Six anime songs people are sick of hearing at karaoke, according to new poll3
- Must try harder: This crane game in Japan is laughably bad 【Video】4
- Japanese girl finds “school love,” but with a surprising “partner”5
- Japan government hard at work trying to prevent Shibuya Ward approving same-sex marriages6
- We love wagyu! We spend an evening learning about (and eating) Japanese beef7
- Satisfy all your slicing and dicing needs with this incredibly kawaii kitty kitchen knife8
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives9
- Ever tried to catch pudding in your mouth after it’s dropped from a fourth-floor balcony? 【Video】10
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines1
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives2
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map3
- Which do you like? Twitter asks if you prefer girls naughty on the inside or outside4
- Inspirations for April Fools’ pranks (you can thank us later)【Photos】5
- Teen whose Frozen chalkboard art went viral gets an art commission before a high school diploma6
- Thai celebrity posts video ranting about Chinese tourists turning orderly line into free-for-all7
- Buyer’s remorse? Not if you’ve got confidence like this girl8
- Japanese women list the top 10 lies they can spot the second a guy says them9
- Public reacts in horror as poster in Shinjuku Station threatens even more exits10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby2
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines3
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】4
- Forget the dress, how many shades of blue do you see here?5
- Japanese netizens stare at red dot for 30 seconds, freak out when they see what happens6
- Half-Japanese beauty chosen to represent Japan at Miss Universe 20157
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives8
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin9
- Get a haircut, a manicure and an eyeful at this saucy salon in Vietnam10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo2
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby3
- Literal breastplate will give you a cosplay-ready, anime-class bust in seconds 【Photos】4
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”5
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines6
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing7
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】8
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】9
- Internet ready to shut up and take your money as preorders finally start for Cat Ear Headphones10
- Japan government hard at work trying to prevent Shibuya Ward approving same-sex marriages
- We love wagyu! We spend an evening learning about (and eating) Japanese beef
- Satisfy all your slicing and dicing needs with this incredibly kawaii kitty kitchen knife
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives
- Ever tried to catch pudding in your mouth after it’s dropped from a fourth-floor balcony? 【Video】
- A new yuru-kyara from Kyoto you have to see to believe
- Five simple ways to take your curry rice to the next level
- Awesome new electric motorcycle looks like something out of “Akira”‘s Neo Tokyo
- The latest pet fashion trend in Japan: The scrunchie collar【Photos】
- Clipping your nails at night may cause death, according to a Japanese superstition
- We bought 21 packs of roasted shellfish to try to find a pearl – but did we get lucky?
- Tokyo chain puts french fries on soba noodles, proves dreams really can come true
- Japanese women list the top 10 lies they can spot the second a guy says them