We can’t really blame the doggo for wanting to stay on guard around the walking pincushion.
A new selfie trend taken from a Japanese anime illustration is going viral.
Nov 17, 2016
Producers of this North Korean military video were probably aiming for fear but instead delivered a two-and-a-half minute funny.
No need to go to Universal Studios when you have a crane and a piece of timber.
Prominent “J-YouTuber” tells of her bitter experiences working with Japanese TV.
This incredible new video was released by a Lithuanian-born entrepreneur documenting his mysterious 7-day trip to North Korea.
Aug 3, 2016
Exeggutor turns into a tall palm tree for the new Pokémon Sun and Moon games and fans have wasted no time in making fun of him with a slew of hilarious memes!
It’s hard to tell in this video whether this cat riding a scooter is enjoying it or hanging on for dear life, but it seems to be doing okay!
This family decided to take their Roomba for a walk — but this Roomba doesn’t do walking!
Sep 17, 2015
A video of a female victim slapping the man who assaulted her has blown up over Thai social media, inspiring endlessly creative video parodies in its wake. From Star Wars to Doraemon-themed interpretations, Thai net users are having a field day giving the man a taste of his own medicine!
Jul 22, 2015
Oh, the Internet and its hours of mindless entertainment and controversy. The latest trend, hitting all the main photo and video sharing networks, has been the “Don’t Judge Challenge.” While it all started with a positive, self-esteem raising message, it’s turned into something that is quite the contrary. Some Thai celebrities have started joining in on the “challenge”, but not everyone is happy about it.
Apr 28, 2015
If you like to keep up with the latest pet antics online, you may have caught sight of this cheeky little pup recently. Aptly titled “An angry dog standing upright”, Reddit users have been having a field day with this image, photoshopping the disgruntled mutt into movie scenes and everyday situations with hilarious results.
Once the photo made it to Japan, however, Japanese netizens were shocked for another reason altogether. The dark eyes, fluffy beard and wily body of angry dog actually makes him a perfect doppelgänger for Master Roshi from the Dragon Ball animated TV series. Can you see the likeness?
Surely nobody can deny that over the years we here at RocketNews24 have been good to those who love pretty ladies, given that we’ve brought you many an article featuring a bevy of beauties. In fact, “cute girls doing things” is practically a meme of its own.
“But what about the good-looking men?” we hear you cry. Well, ladies and gentlemen-appreciators, this one’s for you! Meet Christopher Sengseng, the manager of a branch of KFC who’s also a regulation hottie…
Feb 13, 2015
If you’re one of the many, many people who downloaded smartphone smash Flappy Bird only to find yourself decidedly underwhelmed and wondering why it was getting quite so much praise and press, you’re not alone. And while the aforementioned game may well have made it to the top of the charts due entirely to word of mouth and its strangely addictive, if simplistic, gameplay, you wouldn’t be considered completely crazy for wondering whether some games got to the top Google Play and the App Store’s popular downloads lists by some other means.
Case in point, this viral image doing the rounds online today, which purportedly shows a Chinese employee of a firm which makes its living boosting apps’ stats.
The Internet has seen some very entertaining music videos in the past few years that some people would call just down-right crazy. Remember when PSY’s “Gangnam Style,” or Ylvis’s “What Does the Fox Say?” first came out? Everyone thought they were nuts, but they went on to become worldwide hits.
But now a new Chinese music video has clucked its way into the international spotlight and has the potential to become the Queen of Weird. After watching it, all we can say is, “…”
If there’s one unwritten, universal rule of the Internet (other than Rule 34), it’s that you can’t purposefully make something “go viral.” As you read this, there is almost certainly a team of marketing people in a boardroom somewhere trying to figure out a way to leverage that crazy “Shibe Doge” into an ad campaign that will almost certainly never succeed.
But one former Microsoft employee apparently thinks she can buck the trend with her new invention, the “Donut Selfie.”
Jul 4, 2014
I’ve written (somewhat facetiously) so many times about the whole “beautiful woman doing things” trend that’s been going on in Asia since probably the invention of the Internet that just seeing beautiful women in Asian media is starting to give me headaches.
This time around, the trend has apparently jumped the shark to a degree that it’s starting to repeat itself, as we’re now treated to the second “beautiful woman being a newscaster” in under a year. This time it’s Taiwan’s Junze Zhuo, a Fox News Taiwan representative and, by all means, overall lovely lady who is drawing such tasteful comments from the Japanese Internet as, “I wish she’d grab my mic.”
YouTube videos that rack up millions of views tend to feature either funky music, dancing, or children or animals doing adorable things. These are the kind of links we share again and again, sending to our friends and happily watching multiple times. These two Korean babies rocking out to dance music, therefore, were always going to be the perfect mix for a YouTube hit!
- Travelers can go back to school at cool Japanese hotel converted from rural schoolhouse1
- This buffet offers over 100 matcha-infused choices for the ultimate matcha experience in Kyoto2
- Cosplay catastrophe countermeasure: How to keep your makeup nice at a sweaty anime convention3
- Ramen restaurant’s new branch has had continuous line of waiting customers for 250 hours4
- After years of stomping on enemies, Nintendo’s Mario becomes a stamp series in Japan5
- Tokyo cafe’s rainbow cheesecake is only the beginning of its crazily awesome dessert lineup6
- Husband “Death Note” shows dark side of Twitter, and married life7
- Japanese gravure idols gather for “Visual Queen Photo Party” at Tokyo water park8
- Pokémon Sun and Moon Meets Parkour in Real Life 【Video】9
- Namco creates the perfect plushie bag for your little pal10
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year1
- Japanese gravure idols gather for “Visual Queen Photo Party” at Tokyo water park2
- Eight reasons otaku men are unpopular with women, according to Japanese Twitter list3
- Three Tokyo youths arrested for cork hunting, everyone else learns what cork hunting is4
- How dirty is your mind? Find out with this innocent picture of a Japanese bunny5
- New Kyoto Starbucks has the beauty, historical pedigree to be a sightseeing attraction itself6
- Sailor suit bikini from Japan becomes so popular it sells out in two days7
- Japan would like to remind you that “emoji” has nothing to do with “emotion”8
- Japanese publisher sparks backlash over plan to have anime voice actresses pose for bikini photos9
- Japanese animator ordered to pay 900,000 yen before quitting company10
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study1
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】2
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year3
- The wait for Attack on Titan Season 3 will be much shorter than the wait for Season 24
- Sprint And Pokémon GO Want To Send You To Japan!5
- Breasts and cats: Japanese photo book combines two of the world’s most favourite things6
- Japan’s new “sex tent” targets campers who’re more than friends, not yet lovers7
- Why is Japanese customer service so amazing? Because in Japan it’s one strike and you’re out8
- Japanese gravure idols gather for “Visual Queen Photo Party” at Tokyo water park9
- Tokyo’s ban on high school girls working in the controversial JK industry goes into effect this summer10
- Blind Japanese boy sends Nintendo heartwarming thank you letter, gets amazing response1
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study2
- Japanese boy band shakes up the music world as all nine members kiss each other in new video clip3
- Japanese man’s wife keeps finding his porn stashes, sending him anime illustrations in response4
- Seemingly cute cat in downtown Tokyo might desperately need help, plus a new owner5
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】6
- Japanese cosplayer achieves amazing cyber legs look using wet stockings【Photos】7
- These photos from the ‘richest village in China’ will positively blow you away8
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year9
- Hi-Chew candies get revamped into ice cream sweet treats just in time for summer10
- Tokyo cafe’s rainbow cheesecake is only the beginning of its crazily awesome dessert lineup
- Husband “Death Note” shows dark side of Twitter, and married life
- Japanese gravure idols gather for “Visual Queen Photo Party” at Tokyo water park
- Pokémon Sun and Moon Meets Parkour in Real Life 【Video】
- Namco creates the perfect plushie bag for your little pal
- McDonald’s now has a Calpis McShake on the menu in Japan
- Gorgeous college student quits school to become a butcher, gets hailed as “Pork Princess” online
- Japanese zoo will let anime-loving penguin keep his 2-D wife for the indefinite future