We can’t really blame the doggo for wanting to stay on guard around the walking pincushion.
A new selfie trend taken from a Japanese anime illustration is going viral.
Nov 17, 2016
Producers of this North Korean military video were probably aiming for fear but instead delivered a two-and-a-half minute funny.
No need to go to Universal Studios when you have a crane and a piece of timber.
Prominent “J-YouTuber” tells of her bitter experiences working with Japanese TV.
This incredible new video was released by a Lithuanian-born entrepreneur documenting his mysterious 7-day trip to North Korea.
Aug 3, 2016
Exeggutor turns into a tall palm tree for the new Pokémon Sun and Moon games and fans have wasted no time in making fun of him with a slew of hilarious memes!
It’s hard to tell in this video whether this cat riding a scooter is enjoying it or hanging on for dear life, but it seems to be doing okay!
This family decided to take their Roomba for a walk — but this Roomba doesn’t do walking!
Sep 17, 2015
A video of a female victim slapping the man who assaulted her has blown up over Thai social media, inspiring endlessly creative video parodies in its wake. From Star Wars to Doraemon-themed interpretations, Thai net users are having a field day giving the man a taste of his own medicine!
Jul 22, 2015
Oh, the Internet and its hours of mindless entertainment and controversy. The latest trend, hitting all the main photo and video sharing networks, has been the “Don’t Judge Challenge.” While it all started with a positive, self-esteem raising message, it’s turned into something that is quite the contrary. Some Thai celebrities have started joining in on the “challenge”, but not everyone is happy about it.
Apr 28, 2015
If you like to keep up with the latest pet antics online, you may have caught sight of this cheeky little pup recently. Aptly titled “An angry dog standing upright”, Reddit users have been having a field day with this image, photoshopping the disgruntled mutt into movie scenes and everyday situations with hilarious results.
Once the photo made it to Japan, however, Japanese netizens were shocked for another reason altogether. The dark eyes, fluffy beard and wily body of angry dog actually makes him a perfect doppelgänger for Master Roshi from the Dragon Ball animated TV series. Can you see the likeness?
Surely nobody can deny that over the years we here at RocketNews24 have been good to those who love pretty ladies, given that we’ve brought you many an article featuring a bevy of beauties. In fact, “cute girls doing things” is practically a meme of its own.
“But what about the good-looking men?” we hear you cry. Well, ladies and gentlemen-appreciators, this one’s for you! Meet Christopher Sengseng, the manager of a branch of KFC who’s also a regulation hottie…
Feb 13, 2015
If you’re one of the many, many people who downloaded smartphone smash Flappy Bird only to find yourself decidedly underwhelmed and wondering why it was getting quite so much praise and press, you’re not alone. And while the aforementioned game may well have made it to the top of the charts due entirely to word of mouth and its strangely addictive, if simplistic, gameplay, you wouldn’t be considered completely crazy for wondering whether some games got to the top Google Play and the App Store’s popular downloads lists by some other means.
Case in point, this viral image doing the rounds online today, which purportedly shows a Chinese employee of a firm which makes its living boosting apps’ stats.
The Internet has seen some very entertaining music videos in the past few years that some people would call just down-right crazy. Remember when PSY’s “Gangnam Style,” or Ylvis’s “What Does the Fox Say?” first came out? Everyone thought they were nuts, but they went on to become worldwide hits.
But now a new Chinese music video has clucked its way into the international spotlight and has the potential to become the Queen of Weird. After watching it, all we can say is, “…”
If there’s one unwritten, universal rule of the Internet (other than Rule 34), it’s that you can’t purposefully make something “go viral.” As you read this, there is almost certainly a team of marketing people in a boardroom somewhere trying to figure out a way to leverage that crazy “Shibe Doge” into an ad campaign that will almost certainly never succeed.
But one former Microsoft employee apparently thinks she can buck the trend with her new invention, the “Donut Selfie.”
Jul 4, 2014
I’ve written (somewhat facetiously) so many times about the whole “beautiful woman doing things” trend that’s been going on in Asia since probably the invention of the Internet that just seeing beautiful women in Asian media is starting to give me headaches.
This time around, the trend has apparently jumped the shark to a degree that it’s starting to repeat itself, as we’re now treated to the second “beautiful woman being a newscaster” in under a year. This time it’s Taiwan’s Junze Zhuo, a Fox News Taiwan representative and, by all means, overall lovely lady who is drawing such tasteful comments from the Japanese Internet as, “I wish she’d grab my mic.”
YouTube videos that rack up millions of views tend to feature either funky music, dancing, or children or animals doing adorable things. These are the kind of links we share again and again, sending to our friends and happily watching multiple times. These two Korean babies rocking out to dance music, therefore, were always going to be the perfect mix for a YouTube hit!
- Avengers film’s Japan scenes look just like the real Japan…if you haven’t spent much time there1
- Sexy Japanese actress strokes turtle head in tourism promotion video drawing complaints【Video】2
- Japanese idol singer has an important request for fans: Please use deodorant3
- Spirited Away No Face soy sauce bottle and rice scoop will bring taste of Ghibli to your kitchen4
- Japanese writing system gets turned into handsome anime men with Hiragana Boys video game5
- Forget coffee breaks, science says take video game breaks!6
- What’s really for breakfast? 20 Japanese people give us a peek at their morning meal【Photos】7
- Michelin star-winning ramen can now be bought nationwide in cup noodle form8
- Now you can buy cough-drop flavoured Kit Kats in Japan9
- 5 weird and wonderful Tokyo cafés worth a visit, perfect for breaking the ice on first dates10
- Please don’t make the stupid mistake of taking an “abandoned” bike for a ride in Japan1
- Misleading Japanese weight-loss flyer slims your body along with your room too2
- Pokémon terrariums let you feel like you’ve got Pikachu, Eevee, and other Pocket Monsters as pets3
- The secret undo codes for Japanese elevator floor buttons4
- Hana Komon: Japan’s beautiful, samurai-style floral birthday crests5
- Japan’s cuddly kitty pouches will fill your heart with love as you fill them with other stuff6
- Sexy Japanese actress strokes turtle head in tourism promotion video drawing complaints【Video】7
- Michelin star-winning ramen can now be bought nationwide in cup noodle form8
- Pikachu Outbreak event causes growing pains for Yokohama9
- Japanese idol singer has an important request for fans: Please use deodorant10
- Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen singer marries beautiful swimsuit model 15 years his junior【Photos】1
- Here’s why you’ll never want to hit a hole-in-one in Japan2
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down3
- Ivanaka Trump posts photo of Filipino snack at daughter’s birthday party, confuses the Internet4
- Creeps bugging saleswomen at anime convention? Here’s a clever plan to discreetly call for help5
- In Hokkaido there’s weed, weed everywhere, but not a drop to smoke6
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 most offensive Japanese swear words 【Weird Top Five】7
- A century’s worth of Japanese beauty trends, from silver screen chic to puffy-eyed catharsis8
- Want big breasts? We try the Japanese optical illusion shirt that gives anyone a large bust9
- 10 realities of life with small breasts, according to Japanese survey10
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study1
- Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen singer marries beautiful swimsuit model 15 years his junior【Photos】2
- Nintendo says there are no game overs, EVER, in upcoming Super Mario Odyssey3
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads4
- Here’s why you’ll never want to hit a hole-in-one in Japan5
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】6
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down7
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year8
- Malaysian man pays over US$46,000 to look like Final Fantasy’s Squall Leonhart【Photos】9
- American woman arrested after throwing away massive supply of bullets in Tokyo airport trash can10
- Forget coffee breaks, science says take video game breaks!
- What’s really for breakfast? 20 Japanese people give us a peek at their morning meal【Photos】
- Michelin star-winning ramen can now be bought nationwide in cup noodle form
- Now you can buy cough-drop flavoured Kit Kats in Japan
- 5 weird and wonderful Tokyo cafés worth a visit, perfect for breaking the ice on first dates
- Anime classic Marmalade Boy to become live-action movie
- Hana Komon: Japan’s beautiful, samurai-style floral birthday crests
- Study shows that 61 percent of Japanese junior high students can’t use a can opener
- Japanese stationery company creates dissolving marriage certificate with water-resistant ink
- New Japanese augmented-reality service lets you meet with deceased loved ones at their graves
- Matcha buffet in Osaka gets ready for fall by adding delicious autumn-inspired eats to the lineup
- Japanese organization wants stricter regulations against people smoking on their own balconies