The Japanese version of the popular travel information site Trip Adviser recently published a list of the best factory tours in Japan. Perhaps unsurprisingly, one of the nation’s most popular exports makes it to number one.
The list used user feedback about factory tours and industrial museums or exhibits to rank the most popular and visit-worthy sites.
The Cup Noodles Museum in Yokohama comes in at number one, due to popular exhibits like the My Cup Noodles Factory, where visitors can choose their own cup, soup and toppings to create a unique new flavor, and the Chicken Ramen Factory, where you can try whipping up the noodles by hand.
Says one user, “The highlight was seeing all the different cup noodle flavors that have been sold in the past. There were lots of different hands-on exhibits, but the best by far is the create-your-own cup noodles one where you can pair a soup of your choice with any ingredients you like to make an original creation!”
Another comments, “When you’ve finished, they stamp it with a best-by date one month later, but it almost seems a shame to eat it.”
In case you are interested, here is the rest of that list:
1. Cup Noodles Museum, Osaka
2. Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology, Nagoya, Aiachi
3. Suntory Yamazaki Distillery, Osaka
4. Nikka Whiskey Distillery, Hokkaido
5. Suntory Whiskey Museum, Yamanashi
6. Shiroi Koibito Park, Hokkaido
7. Sapporo Beer Museum, Hokkaido
8. Octopus Senbei Village, Hyogo
9. Shrimp Senbei Village, Aichi
10. Orion Beer Nago Factory, Okinawa
Source: RBB Today